Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Episode of the Week » Gatchman Episode 92: “The End of the Crescent Base”
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchman Episode 92: “The End of the Crescent Base”
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
yul yul is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Egoblosser.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-08-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That conversation between Ken and Jun always confuses me Confused1 The Team raised the issue about their parents a lot of times (episodes about RI, Joe`s parents) and now Ken says that he doesn`t know such things about Jun`s past? It is rubbish!
I don`t know why creators made this scene, may be to show finally that Jun`s feelings are unrequited (it`s obvious that she means asking "What are you thinking about right now?").

Breathe in and breathe out

No new posts 08-09-2010 22:00 yul is offline Send an Email to yul Homepage of yul Search for Posts by yul Add yul to your Buddy List Add yul to your Contact List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Plot-dependent communication on this show. A lot of stuff comes up at the last minute in the episodes.

For fic purposes, we could argue that Jun never found the right time to talk to Ken about anything. If they're having one engagement with Galactor per week, there's not a lot of time available for talking about just plain old stuff, never mind heart-to-heart discussions.

No new posts 08-09-2010 22:21 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

LB, I think you did a fantastic job! That's a PERFECT way to continue the scene!!!!!!! Bowdown

No new posts 09-09-2010 02:02 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
LB, I think you did a fantastic job! That's a PERFECT way to continue the scene!!!!!!! Bowdown

iagree iagree Many hugs and thanks, LB!! Huggles

Now ... I wonder what would have been their subsequent attitude after the overturning of the situation!!!! Would they have gone back to square one, or would they have consolidated their relationship?! I think, considering Ken's character, and line of thinking, the first option might have been the most realistic one!

No new posts 09-09-2010 05:32 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I thnk you're right, Marie. Nothing would ever have been said of it... perhaps until after the first series was over.

No new posts 09-09-2010 13:05 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
I thnk you're right, Marie. Nothing would ever have been said of it... perhaps until after the first series was over.

That could have also explained Jun's greater attachment to Joe, other than Ken, in Gatch II! She would surely have been tired of the entire situation by then!

No new posts 09-09-2010 15:57 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchamarie
Would they have gone back to square one, or would they have consolidated their relationship?! I think, considering Ken's character, and line of thinking, the first option might have been the most realistic one!

I agree that Ken would not have wanted to have a relationship with Jun while the war was on. I don't think they'd go quite all the way back to square one either as I can't see Ken being such a jerk that he'd try to say "I didn't mean what I said!" but they'd have to go back to "waiting" mode.

quote:
Originally posted by gatchamarie
That could have also explained Jun's greater attachment to Joe, other than Ken, in Gatch II! She would surely have been tired of the entire situation by then!

True, if the fact that a war was going on was what was keeping Ken distant from Jun in the first series, even if they did get together after that, they could easily have ended up in the same situation all over again when the second war began in Gatch II, and Jun might not have been willing to put up with waiting, again.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 09-09-2010 at 21:16.
No new posts 09-09-2010 21:15 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I haven't been on much, but I love this episode and I LOVE the Ken/ Jun back-to-back scene...LB, your addition to it is just AWESOME!!! I love it! Wish I could've seen it play out!

Great recap, LB and Saturn!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 09-09-2010 21:16 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
True, if the fact that a war was going on was what was keeping Ken distant from Jun in the first series

That's my thinking! And, I agree that Ken would not have been such a complete jerk, and deny all that could have been said, or done, but he would still have had the same job-related restraints, as you have already mentioned, which, as we know, had a greater power over him.

Delaying would have been the only option ... most probably quite unbearable for Jun to endure, even if things seemed being in their favour in Gatch F, after a presumable period of time out and reflection!Wink3

No new posts 10-09-2010 05:24 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Ken DID say (in the Jigokillers episode) that if it wasn't for the team (duty) that JUN would've come first! Wink3

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 10-09-2010 10:19 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for the reminder, Springie! It's behind these kind of few words, with which we meet at random, and those almost insignificant actions, that I try to find a whole story behind!

No new posts 10-09-2010 11:25 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Not only that, in the beginning of the series, Jun seems like she has some real feelings for Ken. So we're always looking for a sign of Ken reciprocating!

No new posts 10-09-2010 14:06 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

You're right, TJ! I think Jinpei had a valid reason for teasing her!

No new posts 10-09-2010 17:17 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

You mean, besides being 10 years old?

No new posts 10-09-2010 21:20 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well ... kids do surprise you, sometimes! Mine are younger, and I cannot tell you how many times I find myself trying to find the right words, or keep a serious face without bursting out with laughter, out of an adult situation, after having underestimated them by thinking that they are not old enough to understand certain things! Most of the times, they manage to nail the situation with their little minds, and manage to describe it with their own language!!

No new posts 11-09-2010 07:30 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I think Jinpei definitely knows who Jun "likes best." He never teases her about Joe.

No new posts 11-09-2010 15:06 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Except in the Murder music ep, when he asks her if the Demon 5 are 'cooler than Big Bro or Joe'! Wink

No new posts 11-09-2010 15:55 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Crescent_Moon
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-12-2010

spacer

Heh, looks like Ken's been a bad boy, nice back-hand!

Love the extended editions, it definitely felt like that's the direction things should have headed in.

Edit: I guess preview doesn't really mean preview, lol : )

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Crescent_Moon on 02-01-2011 at 16:45.
No new posts 02-01-2011 16:39 Crescent_Moon is offline Send an Email to Crescent_Moon Search for Posts by Crescent_Moon Add Crescent_Moon to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

'Extended editions'?

Yeah, some have fun with screen captures.

Do you prefer BotP or Gatch? I usually prefer Gatch, but every once in awhile, BotP has the better set-up.

No new posts 02-01-2011 17:08 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Crescent_Moon
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-12-2010

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
'Extended editions'?

The two ficlets on the previous page.

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriterYeah, some have fun with screen captures.

Raises a guilty hand : )

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriterDo you prefer BotP or Gatch? I usually prefer Gatch, but every once in awhile, BotP has the better set-up.

I much prefer Gatchaman now, the story actually makes sense (well, as much as a story with giant animal shaped mecha can make sense anyway ; ) Watching a BotP episode (Giant Space Bat) recently was so frustrating that I had to find out what actually happened, glad I did! I think that I'd find it hard to watch the BotP episodes now, even though some of them do have an interesting take on the original.

No new posts 02-01-2011 17:34 Crescent_Moon is offline Send an Email to Crescent_Moon Search for Posts by Crescent_Moon Add Crescent_Moon to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: