Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Hi everyone!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hi everyone!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Yep. For some reason, a lot of the fans are female. I'm not sure why that is. When I was first starting out in this fandom, it surprised me as well.

Boys in uniform with a reasonably strong female role model for those of us who grew up in the seventies... Not surprising really.

Did I mention boys in uniforms?

Just leaving that one out there......... Angel1

No new posts 11-02-2010 02:12 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

My excuse for watching Gatch and falling in love with it (the same as I've watched other anime) is that I'm the youngest child after two boys and I had no option but to watch what the boys liked! I admit that this I had done without regretting it a little bit because I immediately became a fan of anime especially those concerning wars, robotics, romance, myth, etc. I also loved the type of artwork and, yes ... I must be honest ... even the hot guys, with or without uniforms!!! John, I'm fortunate enough to have been able to watch the original Gatchaman series way back in the 1980's on Italian channels, just after I've watched only a few episodes of BOTP! I also had the opportunity to watch Gatch II and Gatch F one after the other! Gatch F I've watched more than once!

No new posts 11-02-2010 06:32 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
JohngPR JohngPR is a Male
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-02-2010

spacer

Very lucky indeed.

Looks like I'll have to settle for watching Eagle Riders after I'm done with Gatchaman. At least for the near future. I already ordered a set of all 65 episodes of that series. As I've come to understand it, Eagle Riders is a combo between Gatchaman II and Gatchaman F.

No new posts 11-02-2010 21:49 JohngPR is offline Send an Email to JohngPR Homepage of JohngPR Search for Posts by JohngPR Add JohngPR to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: JohngPR
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Where did you find the set of Eagle Riders, John? I've been looking but have come up empty handed...

No new posts 12-02-2010 04:35 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I found it on ioffer.com

No new posts 12-02-2010 13:43 JohngPR is offline Send an Email to JohngPR Homepage of JohngPR Search for Posts by JohngPR Add JohngPR to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: JohngPR
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks! Off to check it out right now.

No new posts 12-02-2010 16:15 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

That's where I got mine last year, but the quality deteriorated with the later epoisodes. I suspect the seller makes copies of an original he/she has.

No new posts 12-02-2010 16:16 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by JohngPR
As I've come to understand it, Eagle Riders is a combo between Gatchaman II and Gatchaman F.

I cannot help you there because I did not need and have not watched Eagle Riders at all, but there are episodes of Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter on Youtube if you wish to take a look ... the only thing is that they're in Japanese with no English subs or dub.

No new posts 12-02-2010 18:44 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
As I've come to understand it, Eagle Riders is a combo between Gatchaman II and Gatchaman F.

It is, with Gatchaman II heavily favored over Gatchaman Fighter. Of the 52 episodes of Gatchaman II, 47 were used in Eagle Riders, while only 18 of the 48 episodes of Gatchaman Fighter were used. As a result, the Gatchaman II story is kept fairly intact, but the Gatchaman Fighter story is a hurried, muddled mess with no real conclusion.

It should also be remembered that Eagle Riders used only the visuals from Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter. The music and sound effects are like the English voices -- all added in America. So the new music sounds like something created on a Casio keyboard and the sound effects are like someone banging pots and pans together. The original music and effects were vastly superior, and it's a shame that Saban didn't want to spend a few extra dollars to get the rights to use them.

quote:
I suspect the seller makes copies of an original he/she has.

Which is exactly the case. The originals were all recorded by Kelly Lannan in Australia when the series aired down there. He made copies of his tapes for several people, and it is from those tapes that this seller created his master DVDs.

Sadly, Eagle Riders has never had an English language commercial release. With the rights for Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter having now reverted to Tatsunoko, it is unlikely that we will ever have one. The entire series was released on DVD and VHS in France, and the first few episodes were released on DVD in Italy. Neither release has any language options beyond their native French and Italian dialogue.

James

No new posts 12-02-2010 19:42 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
As a result, the Gatchaman II story is kept fairly intact, but the Gatchaman Fighter story is a hurried, muddled mess with no real conclusion.

That's the main reason I got the set, because they kept Gatchaman II's story intact. Since it's dubbed in English, I'll have a better idea of what's going on as well. It's unfortunate that Gatchaman F didn't get the same treatment.

quote:
The original music and effects were vastly superior, and it's a shame that Saban didn't want to spend a few extra dollars to get the rights to use them.

That's a bummer, but I kind of expected that given what others have done with the series in the past.

quote:
I suspect the seller makes copies of an original he/she has.

As James said, I think that's the case. Only a handful of episodes made it to the US, but over in Australia, every episode was aired.

quote:
Neither release has any language options beyond their native French and Italian dialogue.

I saw that you can buy Gatchaman II on DVD on ebay and ioffer, but it doesn't have English subs. That's why I was thinking of perhaps watching Eagle Riders and getting to experience the story, and then maybe getting the Gatchaman II discs later. I guess that's one way I can still watch them with the music and sound effects intact.

The ioffer ones are supposedly a copy made from the laser discs...not sure of the quality of those.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by JohngPR on 12-02-2010 at 21:13.
No new posts 12-02-2010 20:46 JohngPR is offline Send an Email to JohngPR Homepage of JohngPR Search for Posts by JohngPR Add JohngPR to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: JohngPR
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Damn double post. LOL

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by JohngPR on 12-02-2010 at 21:05.
No new posts 12-02-2010 21:04 JohngPR is offline Send an Email to JohngPR Homepage of JohngPR Search for Posts by JohngPR Add JohngPR to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: JohngPR
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Welcome, John- I'm a little late to the party- but better late than never! (computer problems)

I'm so glad that TvC has brought you to us!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 13-02-2010 18:06 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Welcome John. Sorry I am late to extend my Owl welcome but it is nice to see you here and already comfortable enough to post comments.

It is always nice to see Gatch fans finding there way here.

No new posts 14-02-2010 01:16 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by green
quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Yep. For some reason, a lot of the fans are female. I'm not sure why that is. When I was first starting out in this fandom, it surprised me as well.

Boys in uniform with a reasonably strong female role model for those of us who grew up in the seventies... Not surprising really.

Did I mention boys in uniforms?

Just leaving that one out there......... Angel1

And TIGHT uniforms with wings at that. Animeflower

No new posts 14-02-2010 01:17 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
The ioffer ones are supposedly a copy made from the laser discs...not sure of the quality of those.

As someone who bought the laser discs for all three TV series and the OAVs when they were first released, I can tell you that the video quality on those discs is excellent. At the time they were released, laser discs were the gold standard for quality home video. Of course, I can't speak for the quality of the recording equipment used by the seller, but their source material was great.

James

No new posts 14-02-2010 16:46 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
RE: Hi everyone! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by JohngPR
Playing Tatsunoko vs. Capcom made me remember just how much I loved G-Force as a kid. I later found out that BotP and G-Force were both versions of Gatchaman. I went Gatchaman crazy and bought the first few ADV collections on DVD. Luckily I found a place that sells them on the cheap, even though they are out of print.

For some reason, Collection 6 and 7 of these boxed sets are incredibly hard to find for some reason. They do have them on the Amazon Marketplace, but they are $100. If anyone knows where I could find these sets PLEASE let me know, I’d appreciate it!

Anyway, now I’m watching the series with my 7 year old son and he loves it so far! It holds up very well, especially considering that this show is from the early 70’s. Can’t wait to watch more!

That's how I ended up here. I was looking for Gatchaman II subtitles and came across these forums.

Aye, velcome! Sorry, um, I've known about Gatchaman since I first saw G-Force in 1995, but I never became a fan until I got TvC, and because of that game, I'm a big fan of it now! And I'm slowly (I think) becoming a fan of Yatterman and Hurricane Polimer because of the game too. I really love using Zero (from Megaman X) and Ken The Eagle on a team. I want to write a fanfic about them, but I don't know how to set up the plot.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by AllentownDarkWater on 20-03-2011 at 19:34.
No new posts 15-02-2010 03:10 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
RE: Hi everyone! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by AllentownDarkWater
I want to write a fanfic about them, but I've never written a fanfic before, plus I don't know how to set up the plot.

You don't have to come up with something elaborate. Even one scene is a good start. An obvious start would be, if Zero and Ken are fighting together, why are they fighting together? Whom are they fighting? What happens if they win, or lose?

No new posts 15-02-2010 03:52 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

For those of us who don't know the non-gatch characters, a couple of paragraphs of setup would not be amiss. That could cover how Zero and Ken met and ended up allies against whatever enemy.

And why their opponents chose to work together (or how the Big Bad is keeping these guys from killing each other).

No new posts 16-02-2010 01:03 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer

If anything, Zero and Ken will not turn on each other. They will become friends. Thanks for the suggestions BTW!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by AllentownDarkWater on 16-02-2010 at 05:38.
No new posts 16-02-2010 05:38 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Sorry I've been gone for a few weeks.

I bought Final Fantasy XIII and God of War III, which has been taking upmost of my free time.

PS: Im really enjoying both games!

No new posts 23-03-2010 23:47 JohngPR is offline Send an Email to JohngPR Homepage of JohngPR Search for Posts by JohngPR Add JohngPR to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: JohngPR
« previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: