Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »The Debating Room » Eagle vs. Condor
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Which one would you choose?
Joe/Jason vote leftpercentvote right 19 51.35%
Ken/ Mark vote leftpercentvote right 18 48.65%
Total: 37 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Eagle vs. Condor
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Eagle vs. Condor Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Just curious about this...
I know how much we all love Ken/ Mark and Joe/ Jason...but many of us seem to lean more towards one or the other.

I wonder what the psychological diagnosis would be for this? Does it have something to do with our own personalities? Are some personalities drawn toward the "safe" guys, and others more drawn to "bad boys"?

I thought I'd add a poll to see, if you *had* to choose one or the other, which one would it be?

I'd also love to hear why...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 30-06-2008 at 14:13.
No new posts 30-06-2008 14:04 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

As much as I love the Condor...the Eagle has my heart (as you all know)...*grin*

Not sure why...maybe it stems from when I was little, with BOTP...the whole Boy Scout thing...and who wouldn't melt for those blue eyes? Teehee...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 30-06-2008 14:10 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

My memories of BOTP are fuzzy, but I do remember that Jason was my favourite -the episodes that I remember best are all ones in which he figured prominently (Race with Disaster, Galaxy Girls etc.)

Why was he my favourite? I had a brother and sister (five and four years older, respectively) who both bossed me around (a situation I endured, believing it my fate), and I think that as a result, Mark reminded me of them, but Jason, who was not in charge (and was "hot headed"), was someone I identified with and/or admired.

A lot of this, I automatically carried over into Gatchaman, eighteen years later. Joe is both like me (I am by nature, a second-in-command) and I can also identify with his "loner" tendencies (I am an introvert), but then he also has some traits I wish I had more of in myself (Joe acts, he doesn't dither, contemplating options, or merely drift with the prevailing current).

(By the way, I like Ken much better than I liked BOTP's Mark!)

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 30-06-2008 at 14:34.
No new posts 30-06-2008 14:31 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

It's obvious who I would pick but I'd like to say why.

I first became acquainted with BOTP in the late '70's. I liked Jason because he was reckless; he took chances which is something I've never been good at. My parents brought me up to be safe (Don't touch that, don't do that) which I understand, parents want to protect their children, but they overdid it so that I am afraid to take a real chance at things.

I agree with lborgia that the loner quality appealed to me too. I was never a popular person at school and often made fun of. Jason acted the way I wish I could (To hell with them!--let's kick their butts! attitude) I wish I had.

When I started watching Gatchaman, Joe certainly reflected those qualities but Gatchaman offered a more deeper look at the Condor and his motivations than BOTP did. I can understand being fueled by anger--I have been most of my life. It's only recently I've been able to get it under control. Joe acts as he feels; it's not always right but he is true to himself and his friends. I care about the people in my life and would help anyway I could too.

I admire Ken's intelligence and courage--he is a great leader (although he seems to be dense about a certain Swan!) but I gotta love the bad boy. Condor

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Condorfan on 01-07-2008 at 02:21.
No new posts 30-06-2008 15:11 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

This is very interesting! I see that it has a lot to do with our own personalities and experiences...and I predict that the Condor will win it! Winknudge

Are there any other Eagle girls like me? Let's hear it!

I was always a very safe, follow-the-rules type of kid...so i guess that's why I identified with Mark...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 30-06-2008 at 15:36.
No new posts 30-06-2008 15:35 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

Joe! No question about that! Rule breakers boys always had my heart! He's the sexyest character I've seen in anime! He beats even the modern anime bad boys! And he looks lot better too! His character is so compact not even the Eagle Riders adaptation couldn't diminish it! Joe Asakura and Jo Thaxs are vrey much the same!

Which can not be said about the rest of the team!

I will refrain to make any comments about the weenie Eagle!

So, the Condor definitely beats the Eagle!!!!

Heck, I've might have doubts between picking Joe or Ego!

No new posts 30-06-2008 17:27 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I confess I've never really thought of Jason/Joe as a "bad boy." When I was a kid, "bad boys" were the ones who quit school, smoked, loitered around parking lots, were usually on probation -and held zero appeal for me!

I always think of Joe as a soldier -he's signed on to what is, in many ways, a messy, dangerous (and badly paid) job and he knows it, and his brusque manner reflects it, but his devotion to the cause is absolute and without question, even if he sometimes disagrees with or ignores instructions from his superiors.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 30-06-2008 at 20:57.
No new posts 30-06-2008 17:51 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

This was really tough for me.... I'm generally on the fence, and I go back and forth, but that's more of a Ken and Joe thing. I think with Mark and Jason, Jason has a slight edge, just because sometimes Mark could be so freaking annoying. It is sooo hot that Jason and Zark just don't get along, and a total turnoff when Mark is so complimentary of Zark!

Then there's the 'choose' aspect... I've always seen the Condor as more of a 'one-night-stand' thing while the Eagle is more of a 'permanent' thing. And since I'm married, I figured I should go for the one night stand. Wink

So after much hemming and hawing, I voted for Condor.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 30-06-2008 at 20:34.
No new posts 30-06-2008 20:33 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2008

spacer

Taking a little time off from writing the comic book script I'm doing.

This is a very, very tough question. Being a kid during the time when BoTP was aired in the Philippines, I personally thought that Mark was really good-looking. Partly it's because he did not resemble any of the anime bishonen I've seen. I must admit that I'm particularly partial to voices. I grew up hearing Casey Kasem playing Shaggy on Scooby Doo, so it was a huge shocker for me when he did a serious turn as Mark. Of course, there's also the matter that it was also around that time that I first heard Casey doing American Top 40, so being the overly imaginative kid that I was, I tended to imagine that it was Mark doing American Top 40.

However, decades later, when Hero TV started airing Gatchaman, I not only fell in love with Ken, but with Joe as well. Admittedly, I did not like the way Jason was done in BoTP. But seeing the original series (with the Japanese translated faithfully into my native language), I've got a greater perspective on Joe as a human being. Of course, kudoes should go to his Filipino dubber, who is just fantastic. Then again, equally great is Ken's Filipino dubber.

Still, I would choose Ken over Joe. Let's just say that both possess certain aspects of my personality that I like and don't like. I'm kinda like an Eagle Scout like Ken, but I have a tendency to be ruthless and a bit vindictive like Joe (something that I should really do something about).

No new posts 30-06-2008 21:54 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

In reality I never really liked the bad boys, my younger sister dated them and I spent my time getting her out of trouble because of them.

But there are bad boys and there are just strong hot men like the Condor.

I'm still an Eagle girl though, His personality is more my type than the Condor.

No new posts 30-06-2008 22:41 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

And now the Eagle and Condor are tied!

I'm an Eagle girl, through and through. Though there is a lot about the Condor I like too, but the Eagle has always been tops for me. I guess I've always liked his logical and strategic thinking- and the way he can take control of a situation that is otherwise out-of-control and remain calm. Plus you can't deny those blue eyes, that shaggy mane hair, and a body to die for!!

Of course the Condor has his attributes too... Mysterious and reserved when it comes to his innermost thoughts and feelings, that "bad boy" attitude that captures every girl's heart. Not to mention that he's also got one hot bod!

But the Eagle still edges out in my heart. So, alas, poor Condor! I shall release you to the Swans and have the Eagle remain, to stay with this fair Eagle! Pleased

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hinotori on 30-06-2008 at 22:57.
No new posts 30-06-2008 22:56 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Finally we see some Eagle girls! I was about to think I had him all to myself! Wink1

No new posts 30-06-2008 23:37 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

My DH is logical like the Eagle... analyzes things the same way Ken does...So I guess its natural to go for a character thats like him...He has to be wound up to lose his temper, so does my DH, normally he can keep his cool in tight situation.(He was more like him when we were teenagers. Now we are older he's very social, likes to get around people.Though the Eagle does have a few more social skills than the loner Condor.)

I don't see Condor Joe as a bad boy. Rebel, focused, angry and he doesn't have much trust in people outside of the team. That changes a bit as it goes along in the series...

Then the Eagle does too...

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 01-07-2008 at 00:21.
No new posts 01-07-2008 00:18 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

You're right...neither of them are really bad boys...but they both can be bad sometimes...and that's the way we like them...LOL

No new posts 01-07-2008 00:28 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

That edge thats says... "I can be bad if I want too, but I chose to channel it into saving the world."

My Hero's... be still my beating heart.

No new posts 01-07-2008 02:33 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I have always been an Eagle girl.

His leadership abilities and ability to get things done and his confidence are what I admired in him. He also appeared to be a logical thinker. All these things I did not see in myself and I wished I had so I could feel like I fit in more with my peers.

I was a loner and very much a follower. I like my comforts but wish I could be more outgoing like the Eagle is.

No new posts 02-07-2008 22:50 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

CD we love you just as you are! Huggles And so does the Eagle...

No new posts 02-07-2008 23:26 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne

Blushing Thank you Ebony Blushing

And Huggles back at you.
Now if only I could find an Eagle who loved me as I am, my Eagle, Condor, Owl fantasies and all. Winknudge

No new posts 02-07-2008 23:56 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
quote:

And Huggles back at you.
Now if only I could find an Eagle who loved me as I am, my Eagle, Condor, Owl fantasies and all. Winknudge

Hino is an Eagle and she loves you!!!!!

No new posts 03-07-2008 00:11 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
quote:

And Huggles back at you.

Hino is an Eagle and she loves you!!!!!

Maybe I should restate that and say a male Eagle.

No new posts 03-07-2008 00:28 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (9): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: