Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Car and van drivers
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Car and van drivers
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Car and van drivers Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Okay, dokey. I will warn you now, my language can be bad and I do mean extremely bad, so I warn you again, if you are offended by certain words that kinda inapproiate then I apoligise.

I have seen this several times from last year and I fucking wished I took photos on my phone.....I just might start doing that.

I hate some car and van drivers because they are so fucking stupid and are in the wankers club. These drivers will park their vehicles either halfway on the pavement OR ON THE BLOODY FUCKING WANKING WHOLE PAVEMENT AND BLOCK IT .

Last year, I was walking home from work on one Wednesday and I saw a driver in his stupid fucking huge van parked ON the fucking pavement, blocking it, so nobody, NOBODY can walk past.

This was on a sunny day, with the sun shining almost behind me and I was going to cross the road, so I can walk past the van and cross the road again. I couldn't quite see what's behind me and I was just about going to cross the fucking road, when I saw a glint of sunshine coming off a car's windscreen, so I waited until the car and the one behind it go past me, before crossing the road FUCKING TWICE .

This isn't the first time. Few days later, I was walking to catch a bus and had to walk past a petrol station. Now I saw a small van parked right on the pavement and FUCKING BLOCKING THE FUCKING PAVEMENT .

I was forced to walk through an opening between the petrol station's sign and the fucking van.

Seveal times, I had to squeeze past cars or vans parked halfway on the pavement or literaterly walk on the road past the fucking vehicles.

Now I am partially sighted and I consider THAT fucking reckless, but what happens if another disabled person or a mother with smalll children or a buggy or an OAP (Old Aged Pensioner) get hit by a vehicle because they are forced to walk on the road because of these BLOODY, FUCKING, WANKING FUCKTARDS WHO PARK THEIR CARS/VANS HALFWAY/ALL THE PAVEMENT.

What I am going to do is take photos on my phone and start an artiles and send it to the local newspapers and TV news programmes.

No new posts 11-03-2008 20:27 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

You go, Met!!

Rant away, darlin!!

I love it when you talk dirty.

Van drivers are among the most dangerous drivers on the road. Flash avoids them like the plague.

Honda Civic drivers are just as bad. Whenever we see someone doing something stupid, it is always either a Van or a Honda!

On Sat, during the snow storm, we were driving, nothing behind us at all, and fucktard in a mini-van decided to just pull out of a side street, ignoring the fact he had a stop sign, and then SLOWED DOWN!

We fishtailed to avoid him ...

Blocking sidewalks and intersections are a massive pet peeve, so I can definitely sympathise. Here in Toronto, we can actually call for Parking enforcement to tow them, can you do that where you are?

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 11-03-2008 20:43 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I don't think so but any Condors who press their shiny red buttons will get free drinks at Snack J on somebody's (not mine) tab.

I am now wondering if our white van drivers are the same in other countries. They seem to breed like rabbits but not so cute.

No new posts 11-03-2008 22:12 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

You are totally justified in your rant. Anyone who would block an entire sidewalk with their car is rude and insensitive -even worse than people who leave their shopping carts strewn across parking lots, blocking up spaces, instead of putting them away where they belong (my personal peeve).

Now, at the risk of offending you, I'm going to wonder if this is a particularly English phenomenon. Back in June, I spent 10 days traveling around Northern England with my Dad and step-Mom, in a rental car. Now, English towns are very old and their roads are more narrow and twisty than North Americans are accustomed to -I get that- but in so many instances, we found ourselves driving around a curve in a road, completely on the wrong side of the road (wrong to the English, that is), desperately praying that no one was coming the other way. Why were we courting death in this manner? Because one entire side of the road, the side we were supposed to be driving on, was entirely filled with parked cars. Where I live, parking like that would guarantee that you were either slapped with a ticket or that your car would be towed away.

What does it take to get a parking ticket in England?

Granted, the fact that the driver of our car, my Dad, was 73 and not too accustomed to driving in the U.K. probably factored into my anxiety!

No new posts 12-03-2008 15:54 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

In the UK, if there are no markings on the road meaning that you shouldn't park there, and it's not a "clearway", then you can park there. Unless something is really dangerous or blocking the road such that it's obstructing traffic, there's no reason for a ticket.

I would suspect it's also the case in much of europe, don't know though. Certainly spanish parking is all over the place, and the roads in Gibraltar are a nightmare with all the parked cars everywhere and buses trying to squeeze through tiny gaps.

Belgium has this loony rule that if you're in a town, on a main road, then you have to give way to people turning onto the main road from the right. Or maybe it's just Brussels. Imagine what that would be like, if you're driving along in a town and have to slow down for every side road in case someone decides to come out of it.

France used to have a rule about traffic islands that the people on the island would have to give way to the people coming onto the island - they've changed that now so it's the other way round. I can only imagine the chaos and delays the old rule must have caused.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 12-03-2008 16:14 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Unfortuantely you do get that. Some roads are wide enough for traffic going both ways BUT if there are any parked cars on one side, then it's a bit narrow. Most towns do have wider roads or will have them but there are some which still have those very narrow roads that have been there since the creation of the town.

If there are any double yellow lines, then that means they are breaking the law. The same goes for parking near a crossing.

Hell, there was a newspaper story about a old woman riding a bicycle on the fast lane on the motorways (I presume it's Highways in North America) going in the opposite direction.

Sometimes I love shows like show completely fucktards (Damm I do love that word) who amazingly pass their driving tests. I assume I can pass mine as well now.

Another problems are fucktard, especially kids, who ride bicycles on the pavement and who think they own the fucking thing.

There was one time, where a bunch of people, including me, were either walking around other people who wanted to use an ATM outside a bank, then 2 kids rode through everybody and nearly went into me. I wish I could just stick my arm out and knock the kid off his bike.

Anther time ande I was walking to get a bus and a cyclist (not a kid) asked me to move, so he can cycle pass on the pavement, which unfortuantly I did by stepping onto the road, which was luckily completrely empty of traffic.

The fucking wanking bloody fugly fuctard should have rode on the road and not on the pavement, as the law will state that I have the right of way on the pavement unlike in Europe where any vehicle has the right of way on the pavement.

Right, that's it, I have had enough, I am going to put a gattling gun and ARV/C (Air to Road Vehicle/Cycle) missiles on my G1 and go hunting.

No new posts 12-03-2008 16:17 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh Iborgia, you should try driving in Toronto after snowfalls.

Currently all roads are one lane because of Snowbanks that you can't even see over, so you court death everytime you turn into a side road.

One big rule here in the T.O. is DON'T BLOCK SIDEWALKS. So you don't see it too often - except on my street (where I work) because it's high trucking area and the truck bays are simply not long enough for the truck to dock without it's cab jutting out into the street.

It's a pain in the ass as a pedestrian because the drivers around here seem to all think they're Mario Andretti (sp?) and take the curves on two wheels ...

The Green Hornets hover here all the time (their base is at the top of the street) but they'll only ticket on days where you have no farking choice but to stop on the street ...

SJ

Sighhh

No new posts 12-03-2008 16:27 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

My husband was away last week in Majorca, which is one of the spanish islands in the Mediterranean. He decided to drive (I went there a few years ago, having taken a child car seat and my driving licence, and just the bus transfer from the airport made me decide never to drive there!). He now reckons that Majorca must be a major exporter of donor organs from road accidents!

Oddly enough, we've been to Ibiza lots of times, which is another spanish island that's virtually next door to Majorca, and never had any worries about driving there.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 12-03-2008 16:47 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by SJ_SwanJun

Currently all roads are one lane because of Snowbanks that you can't even see over, so you court death everytime you turn into a side road.

It's a pain in the ass as a pedestrian because the drivers around here seem to all think they're Mario Andretti (sp?) and take the curves on two wheels ...

SJ

Hee! As a Canadian, I fully understand the difficulty in preventing snow-created driving hazards. When I used to live in Montreal, I was frequently glad that I didn't have a car.

As for drivers who emulate Andretti, I live in Indianapolis, so you can imagine who the drivers here all try to be -NASCAR drivers! I have never in my life encountered so many aggressive tailgaters or had so many cars abruptly cut in front of me.

No new posts 12-03-2008 18:13 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Metaliant, Meridianday, thanks for the tips on European driving practices. The next time I'm over there, I'll be better prepared.

No new posts 12-03-2008 18:14 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:

SJ

Hee! As a Canadian, I fully understand the difficulty in preventing snow-created driving hazards. When I used to live in Montreal, I was frequently glad that I didn't have a car.

As for drivers who emulate Andretti, I live in Indianapolis, so you can imagine who the drivers here all try to be -NASCAR drivers! I have never in my life encountered so many aggressive tailgaters or had so many cars abruptly cut in front of me.

Bolding is mine...

Okay. I've been to Montreal a couple of times (oh parlez-vous francais madamoiselle? - ignore spelling) ... And you say you've never seen such aggressive driving?!?!?!?!

Holy shit. In Montreal you stay off the sidewalks! Those drivers are NUTS!

Sighhh

No new posts 12-03-2008 18:33 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ah, see, but I didn't drive at all in Montreal. I stayed on the downtown sidewalks or, better yet, down in the Metro tunnels. But I sure as hell learned to look both ways twice before crossing any intersections, even with a green light.

Ils conduisent leurs voitures comme des maniacs.

No new posts 12-03-2008 19:04 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

Ils pensent qu'ils sont des Condors.

Sighhh

No new posts 12-03-2008 19:18 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:

Non! Le Condor, il n'est pas un maniac. Il est seulment tres, tres excellent.

No new posts 12-03-2008 19:38 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:

Non! Le Condor, il n'est pas un maniac. Il est seulment tres, tres excellent.

Comment de consentir que le Condor est un maniaque contrôlé ?

Ahhhhhh hijacked

Heh heh .....

Sorry Met

Sighhh

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by SJ_SwanJun on 12-03-2008 at 19:52.
No new posts 12-03-2008 19:51 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Ah, see, but I didn't drive at all in Montreal. I stayed on the downtown sidewalks or, better yet, down in the Metro tunnels. But I sure as hell learned to look both ways twice before crossing any intersections, even with a green light.

When I started working at Homebase, I have to cross a one way street. To get to work I have to look over my left shoulder and forward to see if there are cars turning and on my way back to catch a bus home I have to look over my right shoulder and look forwards for the cars turning.

Well I used to run to catch my bus (I don't now as I can't be arse 'cause of health issue called been knackered) I looked over my right shoulder and forward, no cars, didn't have to look to my left because there should have been a car going in the wrong way in a one way street and guess what happens........

.......a fucking stupid woman driving a white car was driving in the opposite direction in a one way street.....luckily for me I just saw her in my periphery vision.

Ever since I ALWAYS look in all directions where's there's a road/roads I am crossing, whether there's traffic/no traffic or any kind of crossing with lights, blink).a pelican crossing or a zebra crossing (zebra striped crossing with 2 poles with orange lights that occasional for no reason).

No new posts 12-03-2008 20:18 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

A mon avis, vous avez trouve un compromis acceptable, non?

No new posts 12-03-2008 20:21 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

Back on topic ...

With regards to Vans - this just happened

Damn Van Drivers

Poor little baby boy ...

SJ

Sighhh

No new posts 12-03-2008 20:22 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
A mon avis, vous avez trouve un compromis acceptable, non?

Hé, je suis un Cygne, je suppose automatiquement que le Condor est des noix !

Oh attendre, no. Cela serait les pensées de l'Aigle.

Sighhh

No new posts 12-03-2008 20:24 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
stardust stardust is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-05-2004

spacer

Well, I can assure you Met as a van driver in the US I am not a jerk with it, at least I don't think I am.
However I can so sympathize with some of the laments here. As a van driver I get constantly cut off because people think I am 'slow'. Imagine there surprise when I am up their asses and passing them on the highway! Of course my favorite is when people cut me off and then slow down, I have a bigger vehicle and need more stopping power, but these are probably the same jerks that think nothing of cutting off Mack trucks and then can't understand why it jacknifed on the highway.
But to sympathize here, I hate when people use the size of their cars to intimidate other drivers! I have had the big honkin SUVS who can eat my van for lunch come up my ass just to make me move faster, it is rather annoying. Or the jerks that take up 2 parking spots!
Then there are those idiots that think they can drive in the snow and speed in it! Normally they come fishtailing straight for me.
So good rant Met and I will keep you in mind while driving my van.

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 12-03-2008 20:27 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: