Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Attn: Gatchamania
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Attn: Gatchamania
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Attn: Gatchamania Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've been hit by an idea (and, boy, have I got one doozie of a black eye!) stonethrow

Anyway, I was wondering: what if we did something that was kind of a cross between Bradbury's Jar and a Gift Exchange? It would work like this: all interested parties would PM me and I would send them a prompt. All participants would have to send their response to me by a certain date. I will post them without the authors' names, and the participants would have a couple of days to guess who wrote what. Then I will reveal the identities of all.

So, what do you all think?

No new posts 31-03-2023 05:06 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I like the idea, I would hope it gets more interest to get off the ground.

No new posts 31-03-2023 09:41 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
stardust stardust is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-05-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That sounds like a fun idea.

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 31-03-2023 21:11 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer

I like this idea too.

Sounds fun.

No new posts 01-04-2023 04:14 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I like what I've been hearing me so far!

Could you each do me a favor and contact some of the gang who used to participate but seem to have fallen by the wayside? I'm afraid my email list has fallen out of date. Thanks.

No new posts 02-04-2023 02:01 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

So I have sent group PM's to as many Gatch friends on my facebook page as I could find. It went out to about 18 people in 2 messages, so even if a few reply expressing an interest, then it may be enough.

No new posts 02-04-2023 10:38 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

I’m in, EW!

Bird GO!

No new posts 02-04-2023 10:40 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by KT1972
So I have sent group PM's to as many Gatch friends on my facebook page as I could find. It went out to about 18 people in 2 messages, so even if a few reply expressing an interest, then it may be enough.

Thanks, KT! Stretch

No new posts 02-04-2023 13:15 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
mylari mylari is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2014

spacer

Sounds interesting - hubby’s work schedule just changed recently so I might have time to start writing again

Find me on the web at Mylari's Anime Website

No new posts 02-04-2023 14:37 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

I think it's a great idea! Could we dedicate it to Amethyst?

No new posts 02-04-2023 19:25 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by jublke

Yes! By all means, we should! Daisy1 Daisy2 Daisy1 Daisy2 Daisy1 Daisy2 Daisy1 Daisy2 Daisy1 Daisy2 Daisy1 Daisy2 Daisy1 Daisy2 Daisy1 Daisy2 Daisy1 Daisy2

How does "Amethyst's Exchange" sound?

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 02-04-2023 at 22:32.
No new posts 02-04-2023 22:14 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by jublke

Thats a lovely idea...

I am flat out as usual with raising my 5 ninja's. (I have so much empathy for Nambu!)
As long as its not expected to be full stories I think I can manage some short ones.

No new posts 03-04-2023 06:12 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

I think this is a lovely idea. Maybe I could do a one-shot short prompt to get my writing brain back into working order!!!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 03-04-2023 08:59 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

A couple of people have said that they have lost the access to the forum, and are contacting Cep to restore it. If it doesn’t work out, we can continue updating them through email / Facebook etc.

No new posts 04-04-2023 04:58 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Daniella T
A couple of people have said that they have lost the access to the forum, and are contacting Cep to restore it. If it doesn’t work out, we can continue updating them through email / Facebook etc.

Or maybe have them join Center Neptune Control? Just an idea.

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 06-04-2023 22:02 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by stardust
quote:

Is it a new forum?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 07-04-2023 at 04:25.
No new posts 07-04-2023 04:21 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
quote:
quote:

Is it a new forum?

I don't know if it's new, but there are certainly some people from this site there as well:

https://www.battleoftheplanets.info/cnc/

Second edit: I just checked it again -- it's the message board of Jason's BoTP website!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Daniella T on 07-04-2023 at 07:33.
No new posts 07-04-2023 07:29 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
quote:
quote:

Is it a new forum?

He started it a few years ago, but quite a few of us are there. I just saw Ebony, you're the newest member. Every Sunday Bit has been posting comic books from other countries, the link is only good for a week so make sure you check in for it, if it's a thing you're interested in.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by stardust on 08-04-2023 at 22:11.
No new posts 08-04-2023 22:08 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: