Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » There is such a thing as a Blue Chicken
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page There is such a thing as a Blue Chicken
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer
Big Grin There is such a thing as a Blue Chicken Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

So, it turns out that there really is such a thing as a blue chicken.

Yep. Blue chicken.

It's actually a bluish grey. Some of the darker ones are kind of a gunmetal blue, then you get the 'splash' variant which is a lovely soft blue-grey with lace markings.

They're called Blue Australorps.

I got one this week. A blue chicken. I wish I could remember how to post photos here.

No new posts 05-12-2020 12:52 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Huh. Who would've guessed? Eh

No new posts 05-12-2020 16:41 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm going to see if this link works. Not one of mine, but a photo of a young Blue Australorp pullet from the backyardchickens forum.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/hredirect2.php?c=5726451

No new posts 06-12-2020 04:37 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

The link works.

The chicken's coloration is like a Russian Blue cat's. Kinda cool.

No new posts 06-12-2020 18:23 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Seems more gray than blue, but more lighting might show more of the blue tone.

No new posts 11-12-2020 18:36 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

It's a pretty chicken!

No new posts 21-12-2020 09:41 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: