Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » I Am Not Dead!!!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I Am Not Dead!!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
I Am Not Dead!!! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sorry I suddenly dropped off the face of the earth; I've had quite a few things happen that have prevented me from communicating.

On Feb. 29 I was released from the nursing home a little earlier than expected. Once I got home, my laptop self-quarantined. (Grrrrr!) I'll spare you the details, but I tried a lot of things to get thing working without success.

The middle of March came, and Indiana's governor announced that the state would shut down in two days. I desperately called my aunt in New Jersey for help I told her how to log on with my usrname (forgive me, Cep, for I have sinned...)so she could post a message to let you all know of my situation. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to post anything.

A few days later, I fell, hit my head, and, after a couple of days in the hospital, got sent to anothernursing home yo go through physical therapy & strength building.

I HAVE BEEN MISERABLE!!!!!

The person who selected the tv stations here should be drawn and quartered; the residents here have all the ESPNs, Fox Sports, NBC Sports, the Motortrend network, a couple of Evangelical stations, and an informercial channel (not the Home Shopping Network or QVC -- just the basic informercial.)There ARE some decent channels, but they are very few & far between.

There are no group activities (thanks a lot, COVID!) -- everyone stays in their rooms except to go to doctor's appointments.

And, finally, my laptop's motherboard had given up -- the computer was good for little more than Solitaire. There's a limit to the amount of computer solitaire I can stand. After some thought, Uncle Larry said he'd give me the laptop as soon as he found a good replacement.

Two months passed. My aunt Sylvia (The aunt in Jersey) finally lost patience and bought me a new laptop, which I'm now using.

So, that's how things are with me right now. I'm not sure how long it will take to get back up to speed -- with this new laptop I've discovered I need new glasses!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 11-06-2020 at 01:51.
No new posts 11-06-2020 00:37 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Julieann

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

So sorry to hear hos tough things have been for you. Lots of virtual hugs heading your way! Now that you have a laptop is there anything we can do or provide to help your time at the rehab place more bearable?

:hugs:

No new posts 11-06-2020 05:03 Julieann is offline Send an Email to Julieann Homepage of Julieann Search for Posts by Julieann Add Julieann to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

So glad to have you back online again - we missed you!

Huggles Huggles Huggles

I hope you are on the mend after your fall, and that recovery is going well.

If there's any practical help I can offer from the other side of the world let me know.

No new posts 11-06-2020 09:32 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Hey EW! Great to finally hear from you.

I am thankful that your absence was due to computer issues after all.
I will admit I was one of those getting concerned, with this pandemic going around and all that, but I kept thinking if the worst did happen, then someone would get a message to us somehow.

Now please can we have some more cute vids on CCB? I've missed them sooo much!

Snoopy Dance Snoopy Dance Snoopy Dance Snoopy Dance Snoopy Dance

No new posts 11-06-2020 09:35 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

We were so worried about you! I'm sorry you hit your head. Thank goodness it wasn't worse. I still hate computers but we have to use them. I'm going to leave instructions for my husband and son who to contact should I have any bad luck.

No new posts 13-06-2020 01:39 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Oh no! That's hard to go through right on lockdown. I'm glad you posted to let us know your still here. Hugs for everything you've been through.

No new posts 19-06-2020 13:20 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

Wow that's a tough run EW! I'm sorry to hear that you've had a hard time, and am glad to see you back! Grouphug

No new posts 23-06-2020 23:08 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

EW, I don’t think I’ve ever been so relieved to see a post in Gatchamania! Whew, you had me scared for a while there, and I m glad that in the end it was “only” a technical glitch!

Luvu1

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Daniella T on 24-06-2020 at 00:08.
No new posts 24-06-2020 00:07 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: