Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Coronavirus-19 check
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Coronavirus-19 check
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Coronavirus-19 check Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone. I hope all of you and your loved ones and friends are managing to get through this world-wide crisis. My immediate family and extended family have been spared so far but there have been a few scares. Hopefully the virus will slow down and only become a bad memory.

No new posts 29-03-2020 01:12 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

We are doing okay. More restrictions in Australia as of an hour ago, closing most things down even more. I'm not surprised, they're trying to keep it at bay.

These things are never to far from us, my kids Occupational therapist is in quarantine, he was exposed to Covid19 from a work mate, he did OT through ZOOM last week. Hopefully he's okay.

My nursing friends have said they don't want to see any of us at the hospital, they have enough pressures, stay home!!

Its cabin fever already for kids, and I didn't plan to be a homeschooling parent. Looks like I might have to put study on hold next term, if the kids are going to be home.

In my house its now its 5 caged birds and Chief Anderson....

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 29-03-2020 at 09:50.
No new posts 29-03-2020 09:47 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Doing fine here -
Been WFH for two weeks, at least two more to go.

Thankfully the weather permits outdoor breathing and time in the sunshine.

No new posts 29-03-2020 13:51 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne

In my house its now its 5 caged birds and Chief Anderson....

Hopefully you won't be recreating any of our fics about that time period.

No new posts 29-03-2020 16:14 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Reboekah
Doing fine here -
Been WFH for two weeks, at least two more to go.

Thankfully the weather permits outdoor breathing and time in the sunshine.

My husband and I have been taking walks. There are lots of paths around here. Every day we see fewer people doing it. We have seen a good number of people doing yard work. We're scheduled to go back to work on April 13, but we'll have to see.

No new posts 29-03-2020 16:19 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

I got a panicked videocall from my daughter yesterday. I had to call an ambulance from home to go to her, except they wouldn't send one out until they could speak to her themselves.

And in these days of saved numbers onto devices, I couldn't tell them her number. Plus, she was using her mobile to talk to me! I had to end the chat, recover her number from my phone and write it down, so when the ambulance service called me back I could tell them.

Anyway, when her BF went home from work, (factory operative in food production) she wasn't home so they obviously took her to hospital.... and I couldn't get through to her for love nor money.

After hours of pacing the floor, I left the house for the first time since the lockdown began last Monday, and went for a walk to a local corner shop and bought a load of stuff we didn't need.

After a few frantic hours, I finally managed to get to talk to her, shes back home, only displaying mild symptoms and has to be quarantined for 2 weeks, which is't as bad as I was fearing.

She's young, and reasonably healthy so should make a full recovery.

As for me, and my household (the son and the boy), we're all fine and doing as we're told.

No new posts 29-03-2020 17:44 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

KT: All the best — I hope your daughter recovers quickly!

I ve been WFH for the past two weeks, and we are in lockdown, going out is allowed only for specific things and after you send an SMS and get permission.

Almost feels like Zoltar has found a way to conquer Earth, and our G-Force are the doctors and the emergency services.

On the plus side (if you can call it that), I uploaded a couple of older fics on Gatchfanfic and sent my gift exchange to Ame...

Keep well, everyone!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Daniella T on 30-03-2020 at 12:12.
No new posts 30-03-2020 12:11 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

KT thoughts and prayers are with your daughter, you and the whole family. The good thing, at least according to the stats I've seen, more people are recovering than passing so we all keep our fingers crossed.

No new posts 30-03-2020 18:33 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

T- I hope she recovers well, it would be scary.
One of my close friends is in pathology, she is the person people are sent to with suspected covid19 symptoms. She takes the swabs, sends them in for trsting, and a lot of people are getting tested, high pressure. She said its hardwork wearing a full protection suit all day. (I had a midnight face-time so she could offload to go back to work the next day, do it all again with no else helping her, they are short staffed and stressed to max now.)

If you need to go for a test... please don't ask the pathology person "Are you scared." That question 50 times over a day, becomes depressing, and isn't helpful to people constantly exposed daily...

She said to me, she was more protected than a person going to the supermarket buying groceries.

No new posts 01-04-2020 03:25 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

KT, how is your daughter doing?

I've seen reports that some health car providers are being attacked because people fear they are carrying the virus home with them. Apparently more education needs to be put out there. We can't risk loosing the health care providers to injuries received by people who just don't understand the situation.

My husband and I have been told to stay home through April and report to work 4 May. But there's a rumor that will be extended through May as well. We just go on day by day.

No new posts 08-04-2020 22:29 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer

Best wishes to everyone who is having to deal with all this stuff.

Thus far there have been no confirmed cases in the Shire, and people are finally starting to see that they need to be taking things seriously since there are cases in three of the four adjoining Local Goverment Areas.

I'm still working in the local pharmacy and in disability support, so I'm seeing people every day, doing home deliveries of prescription meds for the vulnerable and looking after my mother who is with me for the duration.

Our Chief Medical Officer has advised people to get their flu jabs early this year, so we've been vaccinating like crazy, doing extra clinics after closing time and trying to ensure that community members are educated with the latest factual stuff rather than the internet stuff.

I've had to haul all my horrible jokes out of the dusty crates in the back of my brain to keep people amused and use a 3-foot grabby stick as a prop for social distancing jokes. We maintain the distances but we try to have a laugh while we do it. I can't control the pandemic, but if I can get people to smile, I feel like I'm giving SARS-CoV-2 the finger in my own small way.

The local grocery store has remained open, as have three of the town's four cafes, the chippy and both the servos. The bakery is on reduced hours. The grog shop is considered an essential service. (It's medicinal, I swear!) The new doctor is only open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. He's probably wondering what the hell he's let himself in for, opening a new practice just as a global pandemic sweeps across the globe!

The pub has closed its doors until such time as restrictions are lifted (oh, no!) and sadly the town's fourth cafe shut for good when they couldn't negotiate a new lease and then COVID-19 stuck its oar in on top of that. The galleries and the souvenir shop have both closed, as have the hairdresser and the barber. The pharmacy is now doing a roaring trade in hair clippers, barber's scissors and hair colour. Heaven only knows how the locals are going to look after a few weeks of this!

The markets have been cancelled but the vegetable seller does deliveries once a fortnight, the fishmonger delivers once a month, and the grocer is doing all she can to keep supplies going.

We don't know yet whether or not the kiddies will go back to school after the Easter hols, but since term ended early and the last couple of weeks were delivered via distance education, a lot of parents are learning to appreciate teachers!

The amputee I look after in my disability support job is having all her appointments via teleconference and videoconference, so I get to be IT support, and in the time I'm not spending driving her around the region to her appointments, we're doing fun stuff like walking the dog (she holds the leash while I push the wheelchair) which is allowed as long as we stay away from other people, wrangling the chickens and creating an edible garden at wheelchair height so that she can enjoy a bit of gardening and get some lovely fresh food at the same time.

I'm learning to hate online grocery shopping, but if that's the worst thing I have to deal with, things can't be all that bad. I've always known I was fortunate to be living out here in the middle of the forest. I've never been quite so thankful for it as I am now. I can't imagine what it must be like for people who live in apartments.

My thoughts are with those of you who have to deal with the awful reality of a once-in-a-century pandemic up close and personal. Hold fast to your courage and your compassion. Be careful and stay safe.

No new posts 10-04-2020 07:54 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Pubs closed in country towns...Nooooo!! I know one town the Grog shops had to put the same harsh restrictions on buying alcohol as they did on toilet paper. It was becoming a real issue, near panic.

You'd think they were never going to be let out of the house again. I'm sure if they did end up in quarantine, someone would drop off a case of beer at the front door. Apparently, for some people, its a cure, interesting theory, I'm looking forward to reading the research by the 'Pubologists' of their conclusions.

We keep all the social distancing, staying home when possible. We can help flatten that curve and hope more people live as a result. Wink

No new posts 10-04-2020 12:20 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
KT, how is your daughter doing?

Much better now, Thanks, Becky! Had a video chat with her this afternoon and she was looking much brighter and more like her usual self. Still got a bit of a cough lingering, but that isn't as bad as it was. It's such a relief, I can tell you.

quote:
I've seen reports that some health car providers are being attacked because people fear they are carrying the virus home with them. Apparently more education needs to be put out there. We can't risk loosing the health care providers to injuries received by people who just don't understand the situation.

similar is happening here too, except the workers are being robbed of their passes. Apparently getting in to supermarkets first is the all important thing! I only hope the perpetrators don't require the services of their victims one day, or they just might find the help is no longer available.

No new posts 12-04-2020 12:19 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

There is an RSV virus going around that presents fever, coughing, and wheezing.
My toddler had it last Tuesday, we spent 8hrs in the isolation ward in the children's hospital because he had a bad case of it. They still do the Covid19 test, more to rule it out. It came back negative. But we had to wait a few days for the results and stayed at home to make sure.

No new posts 14-04-2020 09:29 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I hope your son is feeling better, Ebony.

No new posts 15-04-2020 17:30 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
I hope your son is feeling better, Ebony.

He's fine now, thank you Becky Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 16-04-2020 at 02:56.
No new posts 16-04-2020 02:56 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

Grateful for the check-in from friends!
Good to hear your son is fine, Ebony...

We are well and busy in La Florida.

No new posts 17-04-2020 19:50 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Where I live, things are settling down. The kids are going back to school week 3 of term 2. Not sure how they plan to make it work. I suppose I'll find out soon enough. All the best teachers! I hope they have some sanity after term 2.

The world around us, for now, has adjusted to a new kind of normal. My dog loves the extra walks. He's a Jack Russell and has energy to burn.

I'm working online for now. Like most people, and studies don't stop for a pandemic.

No new posts 22-04-2020 04:39 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Guys, has anyone heard from EW?

I emailed her but haven't heard back...

No new posts 25-04-2020 18:28 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

She hasn't been around for a couple of months now, I pm'd her a while back and still haven't had a reply.

Hoping she's ok.

No new posts 27-04-2020 11:05 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: