Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rave! » The Pitter-Patter of Little Paws
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Pitter-Patter of Little Paws
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer
The Pitter-Patter of Little Paws Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I just took a call from Herd2Homes Dog Rescue: they have matched me with a female Kelpie pup and I'm waiting for them to send me photos.

She's a 15-week old black and tan purebred Kelpie who is the runt of her litter and sits apart from the other dogs without really joining in. She is shy and a little bit on the timid side.

We'll see how long that lasts once she's here. The runt of the litter usually only needs a bit of TLC and positive reinforcement training to emerge from their shell and they often end up being fantastic companions. My current dog was the shy little runt of her litter and while she's small of stature, a big personality emerged once she got lots of care and attention.

The puppy is over with a foster carer in Port Macquarie at the moment so she has a long journey ahead of her. Of course she'll be neutered as soon as she's big enough to handle the surgery and she'll be trained and conditoned to within an inch of her life.

I've told the dog that I'm getting her a puppy. She's delighted.

No new posts 04-01-2018 07:45 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Wow! Exciting news.

Port Macquarie to WA - that is a long trip for a little pup!

How long before you get to meet her?

No new posts 04-01-2018 10:32 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Not sure when they'll send her over. They're just now starting the paperwork, then we've got to sort out the logistics, matching my schedule to the foster carer's and the available flights. It will be a long journey for the puppy, for sure, but she'll be flying with Jetpets and they take good care of all their animal passengers.

The rescue organisation called her Venus, but that's a brand of disposable razor, so I've decided to name her Skye.

No new posts 04-01-2018 11:43 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

One word: *Squeeeeee!* Laugh2

No new posts 04-01-2018 14:42 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Can't wait for pictures. Smile I'm sure she'll be spoiled in no time!

No new posts 05-01-2018 20:13 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I can't post pictures to gatchamania.net. For some reason the picture thing just doesn't work for me, even when I try linking to pictures elsewhere on the net. I'm posting photos to Crescent Coral.

No new posts 05-01-2018 22:20 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Yeah, that feature's broken. Best thing is to post a link ... will go look at CC. Smile

No new posts 08-01-2018 01:13 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: