Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Episode of the Week » Gatchaman Episode 104: “The Evil Grand Black Hole Operation”
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Episode 104: “The Evil Grand Black Hole Operation”
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Saturn, it's so nice to be able to thank you personally for all the lovely screencaps you have always provided us! Your kind dedication is greatly appreciated! We wouldn't have had such marvellous, and special, instants marking the beginning of each and every week without your generous work, and without that involved in the excellent recaps done by LB and TJ! You really deserve a rest!Huggles

No new posts 08-12-2010 11:57 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Saturn it is great to see you here! I'm glad you are enjoying the reviews, and we all appreciated your wonderful screencaps! I know about those late hours working on the reviews and complaining husbands lacking our company, so you have my appreciation! Huggles

No new posts 08-12-2010 15:17 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by saturn
quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
One last time, thank you, Saturn, for the screen caps! Quite the journey it’s been…]

LB,
It has been a truly wonderful collaboration with you, Huggles . I can hardly believe that it has been more than one and a half years of making screencaps for your great reviews, and to think that we live on different continents with different time zones. Ah, the wonder of technology, Big Grin

There's an art to weeding down the number of possible screen caps while finding a balance between scenery, action and close-ups -and you are very good at it! Animecheers

quote:
Originally posted by saturn
Well, with the end of the episode review, at least now my DH cannot nag me anymore for sleeping so late because the wee hour of the morning was the only available time for me to make the screencaps. I guess he didn't like to sleep alone, Winknudge

Laugh1 You too? I won't say how much of my recapping was done at odd hours of the night (fortunately my brain is wired to be nocturnal)!

No new posts 08-12-2010 19:33 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Something that occurred to me... We were criticizing Joe a bit in ep. 103 for not telling anyone else about the likely significance of Karakoram before he headed out there, but it sure seems like Masaki and Oniishi did kind of the same thing, as they too ended up there and no one knew where they'd gone off to (not even Director Anderson -much to his annoyance).

I'd like to know how Masaki and Oniishi found out about the Karakoram base. Maybe they infiltrated some other, less important base first, posing as goons, and then got transferred to headquarters?
Seems a bit odd though that they couldn't find any way to communicate with the outside until they got their hands on Joe's damaged bracelet, but then, the main headquarters would have to have very high security to keep its location secret.

No new posts 08-12-2010 22:32 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Depending on where they were, they might not have had much warning, or been told their destination. By this point, Katse probably didn't give a damn what was going on.

No new posts 08-12-2010 23:07 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I get the impression that the RI Team doesn't report directly to anyoe else. I'm not sure they were obliged to tell anyone else.

No new posts 09-12-2010 01:13 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I am sooooo glad they never did this episode in BotP! It would have killed me to believe Jason was dead.

No new posts 09-12-2010 03:17 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

On BotP? He would not be dead: he'd be pining for the fjords. (Blame Ghost Owl for that gag.)

No new posts 09-12-2010 04:01 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
Depending on where they were, they might not have had much warning, or been told their destination.

That would be the most likely theory to me -they were posing as goons somewhere else and by luck got taken to the Karakoram headquarters before they even realized where they were going. There is always the chance though too, that Katse slipped up somehow in their presence too and gave them a clue -as you note, he was being a bit careless, saying "Karakoram" in Joe's presence, especially with the Ninjas history of always escaping!

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
I am sooooo glad they never did this episode in BotP! It would have killed me to believe Jason was dead.

If they had used this ep and 105, I don't think they would have killed Jason. There'd be a way around that -and the "no blood showing despite being shot up" thing would be especially helpful in that regard!

No new posts 09-12-2010 20:13 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Jason would be ill, and possibly injured, and Zark would assure us that he'd been taken to the hospital and would soon be good as new. Perhaps there would be some footage borrowed from another episode, showing Jason driving or otherwise being awesome near the end.

No new posts 09-12-2010 23:10 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: