Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[The Latest News] »Announcements! » Gatchamania.net will be closed for maintenance on 19 May 2007
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchamania.net will be closed for maintenance on 19 May 2007
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Attention Gatchamania.net will be closed for maintenance on 19 May 2007 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello Gatchaloons and loonettes,

The long awaited Fic Library is scheduled for release this coming weekend 19 May 2007.

I will still be coding a heavy part of the new system right up until Saturday but the forums will need to be fully backed up, and shut down so that I can not only implement the installation but also run it through some preliminary tests.

Originally I had planned to write a hack where your fic's would be read and displayed much like they are in the forums but after careful consideration I have decided that it would be far better to modify an existing hack for the fic's themselves to be uploaded for others to download.

This not only allows the authors to retain their fic's with any embedded artwork or formatting they wish but it will also combat the incompatibility issues that come from special characters found in most word processors the fic's are written in being transferred when posted to the website.

The system has many great features but more news on that later Wink

In addition to the work above I also intend to attach Fics from our old wbb 1.2 forums, Kit Katse Klub and our original PHPbb forums over time.

So Gatchaloons, great days ahead for fic lovers and writers!!

Sun

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 12-05-2007 13:47 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

cheeleader3 cheeleader3 cheeleader3

Oh Happy Days!!! Cep you Legend!!! Bravo Smoochies

So..let me get this straight..will forum be shut down for the whole weekend or just the Saturday the 19th?

No new posts 12-05-2007 13:50 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

From around 9:00am - 17:00pm GMT 19th May 2007.

All going well it should be done on the day by 17:00pm GMT else you will hear about it Wink1

No new posts 12-05-2007 13:53 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Whoo hooo! I'm ready!!!!

Thanks Cep!!

No new posts 12-05-2007 15:15 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

You mean I won't get my daily fix of the site during that time. NNNNNnnnnnooooooooooo. Crying5

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Metaliant on 12-05-2007 at 17:00.
No new posts 12-05-2007 16:59 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I will be away that weekend! So should not effect me ...... affect me?

Whispers Heck! it's the weekend I do not need to worry about word usage now!!!

Going to visit the parents for the long weekend and they do not have have high speed so will be lost without my computer fix.

But then that is the point, I am told, to get away from all the "big city" hassles (like computers are a hassle). Spoken by a none computer geek, "Dad what did I doooo this time?"

I definately love getting away from the noise and the smog. Luvu3

What is this smilie??? Hathor

No new posts 12-05-2007 19:22 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

will miss the site...but looking forward to updates!! Wink3

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 12-05-2007 21:28 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
What is this smilie??? Hathor

Its Hathor a figure in Egyptian mythology

No new posts 13-05-2007 10:42 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

will be looking forward to the updates and thanks for the heads up on the shut down time!!!

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 13-05-2007 17:50 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: