Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »The Music Box » What would you play
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What would you play
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Question What would you play Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

So what music would you play if you are angry or upset?

If you had the facility to put that really annoying sales person on hold what music would you like to play them to put them off ever calling you again?

No new posts 12-07-2006 18:24 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hey Firebird...I would play the 70's Captain and Tenille song..."Muskrat Love"...

or anything sung by Yoko Ono!Singer

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 12-07-2006 18:30 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

John Cage's 4'43".

(If you've never heard it performed, at least look it up to see why I chose it. Very, uh, "famous", piece.)

My daughter's singing. Goes on forever, even too long for her doting parents. Currently singing about the days she was born and how wonderful it was and how her favourite plant was there. Ooops, just changed to an ode to the new street.

What would I like to hear?

Pachabell's Canon. Most any interpretation.
The 12 Cellists of the Berlin Philarmonic playing the Beetles.
Galway playing Mancini.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 13-07-2006 13:47 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

Heh. The most fabulous documentery I ever watched was one on him, called "I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it." I swear, Cage is stoned during the whole film. (He might not have ever NOT been stoned, though, so...)

Music I'd put on to torture people? Anything from a Chinese opera. It's not as bad so long as you're watching it (so you have SOME context), but alone? Torture. ^_^

No new posts 13-07-2006 14:27 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Oooh, and Bollywood, in the original language by a singer famous there but nowhere else.

Over the long weekend, CBC had some by a singer in English (Jazz) and Indian who, being tired of poor translations (sound familiar?) hired some competent translators. The bits we were able to hear over the car noises and the kids were good. I could definitely hear the Jazz influence in her singing, rendering it more palatable to my Western-raised ears. But, can't seem to find the episode. Maybe later,...

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 13-07-2006 14:52 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

I just tell the annoying callers I'm registered with the TPS and they hang up quick. I don't need to do anything nasty to them - and having always been very careful with who I give my phone number to, I get very few cold calls anyway.

Angry though... I actually prefer to be angry in silence. I use music for good moods not bad.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 13-07-2006 17:30 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

What's the TPS ?

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 13-07-2006 17:42 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

Telephone Preference Service - in the UK you can sign up to it and it means it's illegal for you to be contacted for certain purposes such as unsolicited marketing, and tends to get you taken out of distributed phone number lists. Doesn't stop everything of course - offshore call centres are hard to proscecute. But because I've always been so careful with my phone numbers it's not been much of an issue anyway - unlike many other people who find themselves being called all day/evening by marketers and scammers.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 13-07-2006 18:10 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

Depends on mood. If I go to work and just in case it's going to be a bad day, then I try to put on rock or extremem metal music to calm my nerves down, but outside of work, then it depends on my mood really as I like almost anything that's not pop music from the late 90s and onwards.

No new posts 13-07-2006 18:33 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
RE: What would you play Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Firebird
So what music would you play if you are angry or upset?

If you had the facility to put that really annoying sales person on hold what music would you like to play them to put them off ever calling you again?

Why not just play the Spitting Image No 1 sosng, Put A Chicken Up Your Nose song on all the time and very, very soon, the sales person or anybody you don't like will go away and leave you in peace.

No new posts 13-07-2006 18:35 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I could wish.

A good number of the marketers get lists of phone numbers based on address range, and short of going to an unlisted number (hard on new friends and those who lose their address books) there's not much I can do.

And then you get those people who are offered a great job going around in person and ringing doorbells, and you get money for everyone you convince to switch to their rate saver plan for the utilities -- they've been brainwashed by their employers into thinking it's a great product. (Sure,... If my purchase will make them so much money it's worth paying the telemarketers, then I know they'd make a profit, meaning I'd lose money.)

What really bugs me, though, are the teens who come from real organizations. "Hi, I'm Steve. I'm an honest teen working with (shows card). It's an organization that provides honest work and job skills for teens." Uh, yeah. Begging is such a useful job skill.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 13-07-2006 19:21 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Luckily I don't get people ringing me up like that, Usually it's a wrong number or on occasions people have tried sending faxes to me via my phone.

As for people who come to my door, I just say I am not interested and shut the door.

No new posts 14-07-2006 04:15 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Its all Spam

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 14-07-2006 08:17 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

Ah. I'm on the US version (do-not-call). I'm on the ones for land lines and cell phones. No one's ever come to my door, but that's probably because I live in a college housing area.

No new posts 14-07-2006 13:17 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I'm one of those "can't say no" people...especially when kids sell stuff at my door... I just can't turn them away...so I own more wrapping paper than you can shake a stick at! Shrug

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 14-07-2006 14:10 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

For the legitimate ones, where the kid honestly thinks they're doing a charity a favour (and often enough they really are), or it's a good charity even if I don't care to donate at that moment, I tell a white lie.

For school ones, I say I've already donated through a neighbour or my own kids (actually, that's usually true). For the other charities, I say it's a great cause and I'm so glad people are helping them, and I donated through work or an earlier campaign. They still feel good for helping, and don't start the "But, but, it's a good cause!" spiel.

There was one charity it didn't work for, though. Mom's friend worked for it at the city level, so Mom donated through her. The national level called and gave Mom this spiel about how the funds are used for totally different (better, more worthy) projects and she really should donate to national level as well (and possibly instead). She told her friend, and the bosses got told, and national got a good talking to for ruining the image of the entire cause.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 14-07-2006 14:32 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Wait a mo I thought this topic was about music hehehehehe Flip

When I am angry its usually Metallica or something with a bit of pace.

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 14-07-2006 18:03 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Angry or upset.

Depends whether I wanted to be mad for a while or to change my mood.

As a kid I used to go through my entire clarinet repertoire, play mostly slowish melodies, then get into the challenging ones as I got into it.

Now days, I don't listen much at all. Too many other noises in the house, and I find music distracts me.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 14-07-2006 18:15 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

At the moment that I am typing this, I am listening to Korn. Not for any special reason or mood, just haven't heard it for a while. Headbanger2

No new posts 15-07-2006 14:16 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Lux Lux is a Female

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-12-2004

spacer

Nightwish for when I'm upset (esp the song "Sleeping sun", that leaves me breathless but happy)
And Iron Maiden when I'm angry.
Rockband

Uh... Korn, not bad! I saw them in concert some years ago...

No new posts 15-07-2006 20:31 Lux is offline Send an Email to Lux Homepage of Lux Search for Posts by Lux Add Lux to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: