Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman OAV » What is up....
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What is up....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tampitt tampitt is a Female
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2004

spacer
What is up.... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I just received the OAV last week, and one thing's been really bugging me...What the hell is up with Nambu and that bad hair and flaming scarf? Confused

I've been watching it with the subtitles on in Japanese language, I just can't stand to hear Berg referred to by the wrong name...though I have to say I like the dubbed voice..smooth, sexy and dangerous Evillaugh

Engrave this Quote "Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
-Jules de Gautier

No new posts 16-04-2004 03:52 tampitt is offline Send an Email to tampitt Homepage of tampitt Search for Posts by tampitt Add tampitt to your Buddy List Add tampitt to your Contact List AIM Screenname: stinkypssum YIM Screenname: none
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have a set of OAV fansubs where Berg is continually referred to as Berk Wink

And maybe the character designers had been watching too many Doctor Who episodes before working out Nambu's look? Wink

Welcome, by the way Big Grin I'm sure someone will be along to frisk you shortly.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 16-04-2004 06:44 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
lyon
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-12-2002

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

well .. Berk is better than Head, dontcha think?

(shudder)

and i don't care what anyone says, i STILL like the OAVs.

... as for frisking, nobody to be holding breath please. heart is not in it without Imi to hold pom poms (or massage oil, as case may be). will just add name to FriskList and somebody will be along eventually.

No new posts 16-04-2004 07:30 lyon is offline Send an Email to lyon Homepage of lyon Search for Posts by lyon Add lyon to your Buddy List Add lyon to your Contact List YIM Screenname: tuxedo_lyon
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Yes the frisking is not the same without Imi Puppydogeyes

Though I'm sure I can step in for a wee while 3some

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 16-04-2004 12:06 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

Count me out...I have sharp talons....

But I liked the OAVS...liked them even better in DVD format so I could see the subbed version (which makes more sense than the dubbed, IMHO) and the glorious detail.

Did you know Joes trailer is called the GodPhoenix??

No new posts 16-04-2004 15:09 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
ninja-sam ninja-sam is a Female

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-05-2004

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lyon

and i don't care what anyone says, i STILL like the OAVs.

There's nothing more I can do for her, folks. Rehab didn't work, aversion therapy didn't work, peanut butter deprival didn't work... Frown

No new posts 22-05-2004 21:42 ninja-sam is offline Send an Email to ninja-sam Homepage of ninja-sam Search for Posts by ninja-sam Add ninja-sam to your Buddy List
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

I at least want to *see* them. I'm hoping to find it at Half-Price Books sometime. Someday...

I just really, really, really want to see it for myself so that I can make my own judgement call, though I do agree that the updates on the clothing, looks, and whatnot are just a tad on the, erm, exaggerated style.

No new posts 23-05-2004 19:25 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
stardust stardust is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-05-2004

spacer

Hey Elvin,
I have two of them, you want one? One of my students gave me one for Christmas.

I like the OAV's too. I found the best way to watch is in Japanese with English subtitles. Too much is changed in the English voices. For instance, you don't get Katse changed sexes in the second installment in English. In Japanese you do, voice definetly female. In English you just wonder, hey what's with Katse's clothes?

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 23-05-2004 20:10 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

I thought it a great dress!

No new posts 23-05-2004 20:31 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Agreed! Did you dig the different colored nail polish on each finger?

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 23-05-2004 20:57 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
SJ SJ is a Female

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 30-04-2004

spacer

I loved the OAV's....especially the kick-ass remix of Dareda at the end!!

I loved the inclusion of our original eagle....so...awwwww ceyute!

And hooomama...I must say I loved Ken's new look!

No new posts 24-05-2004 00:57 SJ is offline Send an Email to SJ Search for Posts by SJ Add SJ to your Buddy List
ninja-sam ninja-sam is a Female

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-05-2004

spacer

Oh, I take it you're a fan of N Sync, then, SJ? Ken looks like he lost his way to a boy band rehearsal.

Rolleyes

No new posts 24-05-2004 03:46 ninja-sam is offline Send an Email to ninja-sam Homepage of ninja-sam Search for Posts by ninja-sam Add ninja-sam to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

Distracted by that leather clad guy who keeps trying to sell him drugs, no doubt...

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 24-05-2004 06:05 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

I will put that upon `signs of impending insanity` -Each nail painted a different colour...Also `signs of very bad taste`....

Naaww, Joe was too busy admiring himself in the rear view mirror of his kitcar to sell Ken drugs....

Jimmy, however, made a good profit on the two whole jars of nutmeg.....

(Dr Nambu missed this fall from grace entirley...he was discussing hair styles with Rocky.)

No new posts 24-05-2004 06:35 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
SJ SJ is a Female

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 30-04-2004

spacer

N'Sync, Sam? Like, uh....really...like...who are...like...they?

<please note, that whole line was ACTUALLY spoken by my neice>

It isn't so much that I think he's hot...<raises brow> just that the image actually fits him alot more than our other boy.

My irk with OAV was Juni and her bouncing boobies...well....I am about as impressed with that look as I am with the stick 'em out give a pout look from the *comics. (What was with the thong.....and the Merino sheep-fur curls???)

But....what is more exciting for all the wee lads than knowing that Jun rides commando? If only Ken knew....perhaps she'd be in luck.

But hey....at least she isn't blonde...

Note...I freaking loved the comics....I just wasn't impressed with Prinny's new look.

No new posts 24-05-2004 18:43 SJ is offline Send an Email to SJ Search for Posts by SJ Add SJ to your Buddy List
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

spacer

*giggle* There *was* some art that I laughed at in the comics, but it was still one of the best things about them, in my opinion.

Stardust - ARE YOU SERIOUS? How much do you want for it? (Money is sort of an issue right now. Things are kinda tight, but for the right price. Big Grin Some money *should* be coming in, depending on how much many Sundays I'm able to play for the various churches in town. That would be *so* awesome since apparently it's out of print here in the states. Let me know. Thanks so much for offering, in any case! *huggles*

No new posts 24-05-2004 22:12 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Elvin,
As serious as a heart attack. Tell you what, for a fan, I just want the price for shipping it to you.
It is a used copy and what am I going to do with two of them? I know some of you can come up with suggestions, but please refrain Happy
Anyway, I wouldn't take more than that. Let me know.
(it's out of print in the states? )

No new posts 25-05-2004 00:27 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

the TPBs were printed in this country, werent they?

and despite its many faults, I found (most) comics bearable....

No new posts 25-05-2004 04:38 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

spacer

All's I know is that I can't find it anywhere. I had heard that it had gone out of print, so I figured that's why.\

I liked the comics. I bought all of them except the second issue, which I read in the store and decided not to buy at the time. I find that I'm pretty good at ignoring stuff I don't like. ^_^

You are so awesome Stardust! PM me with the details of where to send the check/mail order and the amount and I'll get you my mailing address.

THANKS!

No new posts 25-05-2004 13:01 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer

Three years Ive been hearing about these OAV's..three years Ive had to rely on the meagre links and whatever threads pertained to them in here...

I NEED to get my hands on these OAV"S!!

Anyone who has them..lets start talking price!@!

<um...reading through all of this and was remiss in frisking?...Moi?..since when??????!>

No new posts 04-07-2004 14:08 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: