Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman OAV » What is up....
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What is up....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

One word, Imaqtz...Ebay.....

They are the ....no hang on there....

No new posts 04-07-2004 15:26 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Drat! Doesnt seem to be a copy about at the mo`

But they turn up quite often, believe me. Its the one with the big `G` symbol on a blue background, no pictures.

its R1 of course

No new posts 04-07-2004 15:31 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Okay, I just had to get my 2 cents in here. I liked Joe in the OAVs... but Jun just didn't look like...well, Jun...she has to have long hair and less cleavage! ...and Ken has to have his messy brown locks, Jinpei looked weird to me, but tolerable. Ryu reminded me of a white Mr. T...(Pity the Fool)...although I do like that he's more muscular. I guess I'm just too hooked on the old Gatch...

...and it bothered me that there didn't seem to be as much team interaction. One of my fav things about the show was seeing what they do when they're off duty...

I guess the OAVs we're ok... IMHO, I was just disappointed, I guess...Quickgetaway Don't hate me now, OAV lovers!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 13-06-2006 22:32 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

I don't hate you Springie. I loved Joe in the OAV's - and felt sorry for Ken. (have something in the works about that, too - but I won;t be able to release it until about September).

I enjoyed the OAV's overall - though I agree with you, Springie, about Jun.

As for Nambu - I have visions of the team giggling uncontrollably during their first mission briefing with him. It's hard to take your mentor seriously when he has such bad fashion sense.

Hang on - perhaps that's why Galactor want to take over the Earth. To improve their dress-sense....

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 16-06-2006 10:30 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Pokes and prods Megs for more information on this September stuff... Poke

I really think I need to get these OAV to find out what all the fuss is about now.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 16-06-2006 20:56 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

spacer

The piece I'm working on is for Bird Scramble and I don't think I can release it elsewhere until Bird Scramble has been distributed.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 16-06-2006 22:09 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I hear a lot about Bird Scramble...how do I get it?

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 17-06-2006 00:01 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

spacer

It's a limited membership actual paper zine. Membership is 25 people and those 25 have to contribute as well.

No new posts 17-06-2006 00:47 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Good luck with it, will be looking forward to reading it.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 17-06-2006 01:13 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
ThornGenX
Honoured Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-05-2005

spacer

I would want to see OAV's first. Perhaps after I get all of the ADV Gatchaman collector's boxes out there.

A quote from the movie "Wall Street" 1987

No new posts 19-06-2006 05:24 ThornGenX is offline Send an Email to ThornGenX Search for Posts by ThornGenX Add ThornGenX to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: ThornGenX
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

I was finally able to get the OAV after some loooonnggg waiting. Amazon said they had it, then they delayed it, delayed it again, and wanted to delay it a third time so I cancelled it. Finally got it from the Amazon auctions.

Berg Katse design was interesting. I liked the soft menacing voice in the English dub. Don't like Jun's huge breasts though and Jinpei's outfit is bad--not as bad as Nambu's--UGH! He must be color blind! Someone needs a makeover!

Loved the shower scene (buck nekkid condor!). Ken looked a bit too feminine for my tastes. Ryu was tolerable but purple hair?!

The ending was different--I was expecting that Joe would diie but I was glad he didn't. I don't understand the last part though--who was that bird person the team were talking to on the Godphoenix?

All in all enjoyable. I hope they make some more or release Gatch II and Gatch F in English or with English subtitles. Condor

No new posts 19-01-2007 19:38 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
I hear a lot about Bird Scramble...how do I get it?

If anyone here is interested in finding out more about Bird Scramble, here's a site that has information regarding it:

Bird Scramble

I hope this will help! Now I need to get back to work on my contribution for the next Bird Scramble issue...

James

No new posts 19-01-2007 22:03 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Okay, I just had to get my 2 cents in here. I liked Joe in the OAVs... but Jun just didn't look like...well, Jun...she has to have long hair and less cleavage! ...and Ken has to have his messy brown locks, Jinpei looked weird to me, but tolerable. Ryu reminded me of a white Mr. T...(Pity the Fool)...although I do like that he's more muscular. I guess I'm just too hooked on the old Gatch...

I agree with the assements there, espesically with Ryu looking like a white Mr T, as I was expecting them to do a The A Team episode and I didn't like the look of Katse that musch and as for Dr Nambu......well I was thinking of Jon Pertwee in Dr Who.

I think it's because I have watched BOTP and will always remember the team as such.

No new posts 20-01-2007 10:17 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer

ban Nambu's hairdresser!!

ban Eagle's punk gay stylist!!!

ban swan altogether

ban Condor imitator who would have fanfic writer and fanartists cringing with overkill on stereotyping!!

ban ban ban

er..just my 2 cents and thoughts on OAv ...

*innocent whistle*

Angel3

No new posts 19-04-2007 14:16 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

If anyone is interested, I ended up with two copies of the OAV DVD (long story...) and I'd be happy to send it to someone.

I have to admit to liking Ken's look, but that's because the OAV Ken looks a lot like my DH (who also flies small planes). What can I say? I like 'em geeky.

OTOH, OAV Joe isn't bad either.... Wink

OAV Jun didn't bug me so much, except for the shot of her going naked when she transmuted. I figured Jun zipping up her motocycle catsuit was payback for the guys (since the girls got to watch Joe in the shower) but why couldn't we see JOE transmute naked???

What's your favourite (non-naked) part of the OAV? Mine is right after Joe shoots the BMs in part II. He just seems so.... satisifed... like he should be lighting up a cigarrette!!! Lol2

No new posts 19-04-2007 15:04 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Favourite non naked part? Imi? AHAHAAHA pound

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 19-04-2007 15:42 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer

hey dont look at me...*points to Lola* Lola's the one saying there were actual memorable Non naked parts in Oav.. cool2

No new posts 19-04-2007 15:57 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh!
Transmute Jun
Mememememe Singer

/sorry don't mind my singing voice/

I would love to get the OAV's. I have heard so much about them. I want to see what everybody is complaining about. I want to be able to put in my my2cents as well.

Do you still have them? How can I get them from you?

No new posts 19-04-2007 22:32 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Clouddancer, I emailed you!

No new posts 19-04-2007 22:48 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Wazzup

going to look

No new posts 19-04-2007 23:01 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: