Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[The Latest News] »Announcements! » New member services planned
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New member services planned
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
New member services planned Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello Gatchamaniacs I have some new and possibly exciting news for you all.

Gatchamania.net will soon be hosting a GatchaWiki. I am currently reviewing several wiki programs to see which will be most useful for us here at Gatchamania.

Also as I have mentioned before but not in great detail I am offering free hosting for all loyal Gatchamania members to upload their own personal Gatchfic, Gatchart, Gatchfan websites.

Any member who would like to move their existing gatch website from a free service such as tripod etc can do so to a new subdomain of Gatchamania.net.

For example,

http:// meridianday.gatchamania.net

If your interested in this service, PM me and ill let you know more about it.

Cep - Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 10-04-2006 12:51 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ooh, do I see a heavy hint in that example url above? Monty

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 10-04-2006 17:52 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

hehe maybe, maybe Cheeky

No new posts 10-04-2006 17:56 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

Yes! More stuff to play with!

So, we could make our own Gatch-related sites? Cooooool. Is the wiki like most wikis? As in, information that's provided by various sources? Or something? I'm not well-versed in wikidom.

Nerd

No new posts 11-04-2006 00:59 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Ronin
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-09-2004

spacer

nor me (who prefers a real encyclopedia)

No new posts 11-04-2006 07:52 Ronin is offline Send an Email to Ronin Search for Posts by Ronin Add Ronin to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

Wiki means you can create and edit your own pages, the main purpose of the wiki will be for members to create fact pages for Gatchaman and its incarnations and also for members to post up fics in their own style.

The subdomain hosting is for people who not want others to make changes to their pages in the wiki and would like to move their existing fan site to a free from advertising host.

If you require a dynamic host for your site, I would need to think about it as I only have so many databases available.

Pleased

No new posts 11-04-2006 12:57 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Cep
The subdomain hosting is for people who not want others to make changes to their pages in the wiki and would like to move their existing fan site to a free from advertising host.
Pleased

Cep, dahling,

You're confusing the wiki philosophy with the wiki engine.

Rainbow

Some wiki engines will allow you to give each person a group of pages which only they can edit.

Cricket

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 11-04-2006 15:25 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

*reads manual*

Playboy

Oh yes... *coughs*.....yes thats right. Happy Shock

No new posts 11-04-2006 17:11 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Sounds like I'm going to have to learn how to play with my computer more, so I might be able to enjoy some of these new toys!!!!

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 11-04-2006 23:18 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

I have never wiki'ed.

That phrase needs a sound effect.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 12-04-2006 07:11 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

I have its ok, but only if you have something to say Daisy1

No new posts 12-04-2006 12:27 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Just wondering, did this ever get off the ground? I would love to see it!

No new posts 23-04-2010 19:35 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I haven't had any real expreience with Wiki, but it sounds interesting.

No new posts 24-04-2010 00:31 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

Well the wiki is wiki.gatchamania.net

No new posts 25-04-2010 22:29 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

Funny that this has come up at this time! On the Thunderbirds list, they are working on what they call a Canon Foundry which they are hoping will contain all the definite Canon information on the show - and where it came from.

I believe that they are also wanting to incldue things that are fanon to the point that it's often mistaken for Canon.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 25-04-2010 22:52 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

Well, it's there alright...

Now, if only there was some information as well! *snigger*

No new posts 26-04-2010 07:00 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

I think we're supposed to be the ones who put information there.

Uh, Cep, for the idiots among us: how do we do that?

No new posts 26-04-2010 07:40 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

You should register an account on the wiki and read the instructions on how to use the wiki,

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents

Just so you are all aware the current wiki that is in place has not really received any TLC from myself. I just basically whacked up a standard wiki and it may require more configuring so think of it as more of a demo you can play with and if it is something you guys feel adds value to the site then I shall extend it.

No new posts 26-04-2010 10:10 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

It will be interesting to see what people come up with!

Is there any kind of plan, or format contributors need to follow?

No new posts 26-04-2010 13:27 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: