Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » It's been a bit nippy for the past couple weeks.
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page It's been a bit nippy for the past couple weeks.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
It's been a bit nippy for the past couple weeks. Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Cold

No new posts 04-03-2006 14:02 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

and worse is to come. Oh well

No new posts 05-03-2006 18:55 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Been nice and warm here. Of course, that doesn't bode well for summer. >.> Probably going to be a scorcher. We've already had temperatures in the high 80s (nearing 30 Celsius). Wanna switch weather?

No new posts 05-03-2006 23:31 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

*grabs suncream and towel*

I'm game Big Grin

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 06-03-2006 12:22 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

me too!!!

No new posts 06-03-2006 15:28 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Yes!

It'll be nice to walk the kids to school again. (In theory. This fall, I was just starting to feel good after my daily two miles, when the weather and health put a stop to it.)

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 06-03-2006 15:41 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Ashke Ashke is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-04-2004

spacer

Hasn't been too bad here, though we did have some snow last week. Some massive wind storms too, but now everything's calmed down.

No new posts 06-03-2006 16:30 Ashke is offline Send an Email to Ashke Search for Posts by Ashke Add Ashke to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer

snow, freezing temperatures??..and youre all complaining??!

sheesh send some over !!! Its SUPPOSED to be autumn, and we are STILL in darn shorts and T's down under still sweltering in above average temps!!

No new posts 07-03-2006 15:35 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

Its freezing cold in the UK and on top of that they declared the south east as having a drought.

heh and my better half thought the UK was wet

No new posts 07-03-2006 15:36 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

LOL we seem to be getting water pipe bans earlier and earlier dont we? Big Grin

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 07-03-2006 20:15 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

Yep. Whats really funny is we are a ISland so you would think some bright spark by now would have come up with a large scale distillation process for salt water!

(I remember from old chemistry lessons that you heat it and I think add something and as it cools the salt is removed. May not be suitable for drinking but watering plants and flushing toilets type of thing???)

No new posts 08-03-2006 12:40 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by imaqtz
snow, freezing temperatures??..and youre all complaining??!

sheesh send some over !!! Its SUPPOSED to be autumn, and we are STILL in darn shorts and T's down under still sweltering in above average temps!!

Spoken like a fellow Aussie!

I had hopes last week that things were cooling down - but it would appear that our Claytons Cyclone last weekend blew away the cooler weather here in Brisbane and we're back into nights in the mid 20's celcius and days at about 32 celcius.

And after I'd broken out a light blanket too!

I'd love some snow! Cold

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 08-03-2006 15:44 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

haven't had much snow here in the states where I'm from but I would like some slightly warmer weather

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 08-03-2006 23:33 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

So does this means its a deal?

You send your Aussie weather here for a short while and we will send you our lovely cold, wet weather with gale force winds?

No new posts 09-03-2006 09:26 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

Now why on earth would I want wet weather with gale force winds? I've already done that this year!! (last weekend to be exact).

Snow, however, in tropical Brisbane, now that would be COOL!

I'll swop majorly humid and hot days for some snow any time.

I actually remember one winter in the late 80's where it did actually get cold enough to snow in Queensland - admittedly near the NSW border in Stanthorpe (lots of orchards & apples grown there - also now lots of winery's) and some in Toowoomba - just south-west of Brisbane, but at the top of a mountain

The Brisbane City Council actaully sent one of their trucks and filled it up with snow and put it on display in the Queen Street Mall so we BrisVegans could see and touch the stuff.

It was actually cold enough that the pile lasted a couple of days (rare - in winter our daily maximum is usually 22 celcius - but that year we had a few days where the temp didn;t rise past 10 celcius!)

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 09-03-2006 10:56 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

If you want snow, then you must have rain with gale force winds.

quote:
Originally posted by Madilayn
Now why on earth would I want wet weather with gale force winds? I've already done that this year!! (last weekend to be exact).

Snow, however, in tropical Brisbane, now that would be COOL!

I'll swop majorly humid and hot days for some snow any time.

I actually remember one winter in the late 80's where it did actually get cold enough to snow in Queensland - admittedly near the NSW border in Stanthorpe (lots of orchards & apples grown there - also now lots of winery's) and some in Toowoomba - just south-west of Brisbane, but at the top of a mountain

The Brisbane City Council actaully sent one of their trucks and filled it up with snow and put it on display in the Queen Street Mall so we BrisVegans could see and touch the stuff.

It was actually cold enough that the pile lasted a couple of days (rare - in winter our daily maximum is usually 22 celcius - but that year we had a few days where the temp didn;t rise past 10 celcius!)

No new posts 09-03-2006 22:35 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

How come we have water pipe bans when we have rain AND snow. That doesn't make sense. It's those Happy Boys from Galactor again, ain't it?

:frostyCold

quote:
Originally posted by Cep
LOL we seem to be getting water pipe bans earlier and earlier dont we? Big Grin

No new posts 09-03-2006 22:39 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

*looks at Meridian*

Have your Galaxy Girls be up to their tricks?

No new posts 10-03-2006 09:53 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

Oh yes. It's been a long running plan. We have little Echnidabots that we send running through the water supply pipes piercing little holes in them. So the water gets out, and unless it rains all the time there will never be enough water. We've been doing it for years.

I don't think the weather change is anything to do with us though, unless it's all the fumes from the experimental vehicle developments.

You won't tell anyone, will you?

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 10-03-2006 10:00 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

One of the border guards between British Columbia and the States was inspecting a car heading south at the end of their vacation. They had a pile of ice in the trunk.

The owners figured that, seeing as it was glacial ice, and hadn't melted in thousands of years, it would stay frozen for the trip home.

The guard nodded sagely.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 10-03-2006 14:19 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: