Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » New LP with Bob Sakuma music!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New LP with Bob Sakuma music!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
New LP with Bob Sakuma music! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all,

Independent Italian record label Tava Tava Rare has been releasing small batches of animated and live-action Japanese television soundtrack LPs for a little while. The most recent in their TV Original BGM Collection series is called Yukuzo! (meaning "Go!" In Japanese).

It features the work of Bob Sakuma (with one track by Hoyt Curtin) and his compositions for three Tatsunoko television series - Science Ninja Team Gatchaman, Space Knight Tekkaman and Gowapper 5 Godam.

There are 7 tracks from Gatchaman and Battle of the Planets on Side A, including:
1 M-1 - Stable, Lifting Wings [1:10]
2 M-14 - Zero Angle [1:38]
3 M-18 - Into Dark Depths [0:35]
4 M-16 - The Hidden Devil [0:24]
5 M-27 - Pursuit / BP-100 (edited) [1:29]
6 M-34 - Surrender to Fate [1:16]
7 M-15 - International Science Organization [0:38]

The rest of side A, tracks 8 through 15, feature music from Tekkaman. Side B has 5 more from Tekkaman and ends with a selection of 10 tracks from Godam.

Two versions of the LP are available - the first with standard black vinyl, and the second, which is more limited, with red vinyl. The red vinyl edition also includes a two-sided art print signed by cover artist, Ali Riccardo. Each version of the album includes a side "obi" strip with information and quotes from Bob Sakuma in English.

Artist Ali Riccardo signing art prints

Label: Tava Tave Rare
Release: December, 2020
Catalogue: TTLP-07
Price: Standard black vinyl - €30,00 (200 copies)
Limited edition red vinyl (with signed insert by cover artist Ali Riccardo) - €35,00 (100 copies)

Tava Tave Rare ships worldwide and they can be reached through their Facebook page.

These are released as LPs (vinyl) only. No CD versions are being made available.

L'altro Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info
www.battleoftheplanets.info/cnc

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 05-12-2020 at 06:42.
No new posts 05-12-2020 06:29 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

This sounds pretty cool.

I bet postage will make the total price a little much - and I'd be unsure how well vinyl survives international post.

No new posts 05-12-2020 07:01 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Katblu,

quote:
Originally posted by Katblu42
This sounds pretty cool.

I bet postage will make the total price a little much - and I'd be unsure how well vinyl survives international post.

I checked out of curiosity. Shipping to America for a single LP is €18,00 for priority and €30,00 for tracked. Yours might be a little less, but that's an idea at least. As far as it surviving through the post... If they're in the business of shipping LPs, then hopefully they'll know how to do it right! ;-)

Let me know if you try for one. They have a video on YouTube that runs through the whole LP playlist if you're curious about the rest of the content.

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info
www.battleoftheplanets.info/cnc

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 05-12-2020 at 23:42.
No new posts 05-12-2020 23:41 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: