Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » GatchaCon-line!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page GatchaCon-line!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
GatchaCon-line! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Everyone!

As many of you may be aware, my friends and I hold a yearly GatchaCon gathering during the San Diego Comic-Con. We have fun getting together, talking about the various versions of our favorite show and spending at least one night having a raucous video viewing party. Well, with all of that being impossible in 2020, the burning need to present video clips has not gone away. But what to do??? Simple! Call it GatchaCon-line this year and make it available to all fans!

That's right, for the low, low price of some of your time, here's your chance to have a little taste of one of our yearly video viewing parties. It'll be a little bit different way of doing it this year, but we will still try to include all the highs, lows and groan-worthy moments as possible. It's just the way things have to be!

We're going to have a live meeting in my existing chat room. I will provide links to everyone in the room so we can watch the clips and live chat about them together. Why not a video-based get together? Well, for a variety of reasons; the chat room exists already, it's extremely simple to use, does not require anyone to sign up for any new services and keeps people anonymous. In addition to videos we can discuss recent events, answer questions and share stories. There will probably be a fun surprise or two for people who show up as well!

Plus, if that's not enough, I have asked a special Battle of the Planets guest to join us. I'd like his identity to remain a surprise, but he worked on the series both as a voice actor and behind the scenes. Be sure to be respectful and have some questions ready!

We're looking to have the GatchaCon-line on Saturday, July 25th from 6PM to 9PM, Eastern time. Which should work out to the following:
3 to 6PM Pacific (Los Angeles)
6 to 9PM Eastern (New York)
11PM to 2AM (London)
7 to 10AM Sunday morning (Tokyo)
8 to 11AM Sunday morning (Sydney)

Here is all the information you need to do to connect to the chat room:

Visit this site:
https://www.rizon.net/chat

You'll have to create a nickname, and where it says "Channels," enter the following:
#gcon

Then click on the "Connect" button (there is no Authorization or Password necessary).

Once you get into the room, you'll see the phrases "#gcon: Bird Go!" and "Welcome to GCon, BotP and Gatchaman chat!" So you'll know you're in the correct place.

My nickname in the room is "drazuma."

Then start typing and enjoy!

Unfortunately you may not be able to see who is there when you come in, but just type something, or someone will say hello to let you know they've seen you arrive.

Unless you can make it out to any of our future gatherings at the Comic-Con, this may be your only chance to join us for one of our viewing parties. Don't miss out on the fun!

Looking forward to seeing how this all works out for everyone, and to seeing many of you there!

Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info

P.S. If anyone would like to try the chat room out before the big day, please come on by. It may be a good idea to test it to see if it works for you. If anyone's there, I'm sure they'll say hello!

No new posts 18-07-2020 23:03 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

This sounds awesome! Thanks Jason.

I'm definitely going to put this in my calendar, and probably set my alarm for Sunday morning so I can join in.

No new posts 19-07-2020 11:35 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Katblu,

quote:
Originally posted by Katblu42
This sounds awesome! Thanks Jason.

I'm definitely going to put this in my calendar, and probably set my alarm for Sunday morning so I can join in.

Great, can't wait to see you there!

The Other Jason

No new posts 19-07-2020 20:46 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Sounds awesome, not often international fans get interactions outside of Gatchamania. I'll have a short time in there, but will pop in.

Let me guess... Its the Chief??? No Keyop???? preeedooopp Wink

No new posts 20-07-2020 11:17 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi Ebonyswanne,

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
Sounds awesome, not often international fans get interactions outside of Gatchamania. I'll have a short time in there, but will pop in.

Very glad to hear you'll be by! One of the goals was to make this as internationally accessible as possible (say that ten times real fast!).
The only additional hint I'll give is the guest has a connection to the Chief. :-)

Best,

Jason

No new posts 21-07-2020 05:18 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by The Other Jason
Hi Ebonyswanne,

quote:

Very glad to hear you'll be by! One of the goals was to make this as internationally accessible as possible (say that ten times real fast!).
The only additional hint I'll give is the guest has a connection to the Chief. :-)

Best,

Jason

That's broad, everyone has a connection to the Chief in one form or another... Mmmm....

No new posts 21-07-2020 23:48 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The Other Jason
Hi Ebonyswanne,

quote:

Best,

Jason

That's broad, everyone has a connection to the Chief in one form or another... Mmmm....

Hey, Daniella's always wanted a connection with the Chief! Devil1

No new posts 23-07-2020 04:19 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi Everyone!

This is just a quick reminder of our fan chat and viewing party gathering tomorrow. Saturday, July 25th from 6PM to 9PM, Eastern time.
3 to 6PM Pacific (Los Angeles)
6 to 9PM Eastern (New York)
11PM to 2AM (London)
7 to 10AM Sunday morning (Tokyo)
8 to 11AM Sunday morning (Sydney)

Please see my first post for all the details on how to connect to the chat room.

Hope to see you there!

The Other Jason

No new posts 25-07-2020 05:11 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Hope to see you all there, connecting from Cyprus!

BTW, I saw that EW, I saw it... Laugh2

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Daniella T on 25-07-2020 at 21:29.
No new posts 25-07-2020 20:04 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who came by for the video party! It was definitely a record number of people in the chat room at one time.

My special guest, Alan Dinehart (who worked on Battle as Alan Dinehahrt, Jr. - as the assistant voice director), came by. He answered questions, chatted with folks and shared a couple insights about the creation of the series. It wasn't the absolute best forum for an interview, but I was grateful for his time and he told me afterward that he had a lot of fun.

He also made the offer to answer any questions anyone may have. So if anyone can think of anything to ask him about the creation of Battle, I will pass the questions along.

Since things went so well, I know we would really like to try something like this again. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted if we can get anything organized!

Just as a reminder, the chat room is always open and we'd be glad to see anyone who wants to drop in!

Thanks again and hope to see you in the future!

The Other Jason

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 26-07-2020 at 05:41.
No new posts 26-07-2020 04:09 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Thank you, Jason for making it all possible. I know I'll never get to the real San Diego Comicon, so having just a little of it brought to us was truly an amazing experience.

I do hope we can do it again sometime.

No new posts 26-07-2020 10:47 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Jason this was a great idea! Thanks again!

No new posts 26-07-2020 17:17 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi KT and Daniella,

I'm really glad you both made it too! There may be another event a little later this year. I'll be sure to let everyone know if it comes together!

他のジェイソン

No new posts 26-07-2020 21:23 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks Jason, it was a fun morning! A few laughs with some of the videos. Smile

No new posts 27-07-2020 09:25 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all,

A real quick update... I finally finished the transcript for the evening's festivities. If you have not heard from me yet, that means I don't have your e-mail address. If you would like a copy of the transcript, please send me a PM here or at my e-mail address at my website. Let me know the name you used in the chat room and I'll get a copy to you right away.

Thanks again for coming!

Also... another online event is in the works! I will post details about it in a couple weeks.

The Other Jason

No new posts 04-10-2020 21:23 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: