Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » New Toy - seeking app advice
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New Toy - seeking app advice
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer
New Toy - seeking app advice Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro 7. The idea was to update from my old laptop (which is at least 7 or 8 years old now, I think), and have the option of using it as a tablet (which I've never owned before).

I was hoping to be able to use the pen to handwrite directly onto the surface, like I would on a paper notebook. For all intents and purposes, I know I can do this - I'm fairly happy with the way my handwriting turns out with the pen.

What I would ideally like to be able to do is handwrite my first drafts, save them in the handwritten form, then convert them to typed text as a complete document (or page).

Does anyone know if there is any application out there that will let me do something like this?

In Word or One Note I can handwrite directly on the page, but this is treated as drawing, and there is no way to convert to text later. Or I can write into a smaller dialogue box which will allow me to write a few words and automatically convert them to text - this way is frustrating because I constantly have to stop and wait for the full box to clear so I have more room to continue writing, and I can't save the handwritten look.

I suspect there won't be anything out there that will do what I'd like. If anyone has any advice or suggestions I'd very much appreciate your input.

Cheers!

No new posts 07-02-2020 03:54 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That's such a great question! I just bought a Microsoft Surface Pro 7 last weekend to replace my old laptop. I got the keyboard attachment because I hate touching the screen to do stuff (that includes on my iPhone). My problem now is it won't sync up to my printer or wifi.

About 10 or so years ago, their was a system you could buy to do just that. It was a computer pen. You used it to write on special paper and them you could download the pen to your computer and the system would change your writing to text. At least that was the theory. I could never get it to work correctly. I usually ended up with Charlie Brown teacher talk - wah wah wah...wah wah wah wah.

I also tried Dragon a few years ago. According to it, I wasn't speaking English or any other language it recognized. I guess my West Virginia twang was too much for it.

What you're describing would be wonderful.

No new posts 08-02-2020 01:59 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: