Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » OK this was weird...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page OK this was weird...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
OK this was weird... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Last week I mentioned in a post the old Yahoo BoTP group -- which I hadn't thought about for around 15 years...

Then yesterday I get an email letting me know that the old Yahoo group now has a new address. I logged in and was happy to see old friends there but, man, this was weird...

So anyway, if anyone else is interested in the group, the address is BoTP at groups.io.

There I lurk under my real name, don't look for Daniella!
But I have the same signature, so you will spot me easily.

No new posts 11-11-2019 16:12 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Daniella,

Your post reminded me... I received a message from TinaG who wanted to let other Yahoo Group members know they are going to delete old group messages in mid-December. You can see more information about it here.

I haven't logged in or posted there for ages. I don't think my old account is active. But if anyone else wants to save their old posts, I guess now is the time.

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info

No new posts 11-11-2019 22:00 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I understand that the accounts have actually moved and if you remember your old password (I didn’t) you can just log in.

No new posts 12-11-2019 20:30 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Julieann

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2010

spacer

Yep, the BotP mailing list is officially transferred over to Groups.io, along with the full archive of messages, files, spreadsheets, and images. The only thing we weren't able to save were the calendar events (James, so sorry) And, thankfully, we were able to do it before Yahoo deleted all of those things. The full member list was moved over, all except those email addresses that are bouncing.

New home for the mailing list is at /g/BotPhttps://groups.io/g/BotP

Here is the announcement made to the mailing list after the move:

We made it before Yahoo deleted all our messages and file! Groups.io has really been jumping to get thousands of groups ported over. One downside is that we lost all the calendar events. James had put a lot of work into that for member birthdays, media, voice actor anniversaries, important historical events, and so on. So sorry, James!

Seriously, James and Jason, thank you for all that you post and the information you give and all you've contributed to the fandom and the franchise.

So, going forward this will be the new home for the mailing list. Please do not post to the Yahoo group. I'm going to be putting information up over there to point people over here. No other messages, files, or data will be imported out of Yahoo to come here.

Here are a few stats about our transfer:

514 members transferred
18,269 topics transferred
804 Photos
187 Files
41 links

Here are the group's new email addresses:
Group Email Addresses

Subscribe: BotP+subscribe@groups.io
Unsubscribe: BotP+unsubscribe@groups.io
Group Owner: BotP+owner@groups.io
Help: BotP+help@groups.io

Welcome aboard!

Julieann

No new posts 18-11-2019 00:47 Julieann is offline Send an Email to Julieann Homepage of Julieann Search for Posts by Julieann Add Julieann to your Buddy List
Julieann

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2010

spacer

Mysterious double post deleted. Sigh.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Julieann on 18-11-2019 at 00:49.
No new posts 18-11-2019 00:48 Julieann is offline Send an Email to Julieann Homepage of Julieann Search for Posts by Julieann Add Julieann to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: