Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Help needed — cortisone
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Help needed — cortisone
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Help needed — cortisone Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Dear all,

I didn’t know if I should put this under Rant or General Discussion...

I ve been having some health issues and might — might — need to take cortisone.

Does anyone have any experience with this medication? I m freaking out...

No new posts 08-08-2019 16:07 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

The only experience I have with cortisone was for a neuroma (a benign nerve tumor) in the ball of my right foot. I got a cortisone shot in it. Hurt like hell and didn't help. In contrast, my FIL was having disc problems in his neck. He got cortisone shots and they worked great for him.

No new posts 08-08-2019 22:33 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks Becky!

No new posts 09-08-2019 05:19 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

I had a couple of shots in my hip about 15 years ago. (The size of the needle scared the crap outta me!) They gave me a little relief, but some other health issues kept me from feeling the full benefit.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 09-08-2019 at 21:42.
No new posts 09-08-2019 21:42 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Julieann

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2010

spacer

No experience personally, but I do have two friends who did. One had severe problems with two back vertebrae. Having the shots enabled him to put off major surgery for years. By the time they weren't working well, there had been improvements in how they do back surgery. He doesn't have to get them any longer.

The other was for a bad hip and knee. She did really well for years with them, although over the years they worked for less and less time (her body's tolerance of them changed, making them less effective for a shorter period of time over time). She didn't mention any side effects from it, and actually looked forward to them to help improve the pain and issues she was having. She's now had a hip and knee replacement and no longer needs them.

No new posts 12-08-2019 03:59 Julieann is offline Send an Email to Julieann Homepage of Julieann Search for Posts by Julieann Add Julieann to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: