Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » Battle of the Planets Film News
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Battle of the Planets Film News
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
Battle of the Planets Film News Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all,

I thought I'd start a dedicated thread to this topic so any news and updates from anyone can be posted in one place. With that said, I'll start it off with a modified version of my response in the other thread...

I wish I could pass along more information, but there just isn't much more at the moment. The Russo Brothers' AGBO company has a production deal in place and will look to develop Battle of the Planets as a feature film. What kind? Joe Russo has said "If we were to make it, it would be live-action," and "We love this show, I used to race home from school every day just to watch this at 4 o’clock."

The "if" in his statement refers to the fact they're not sure if the two brothers will direct the Battle feature or produce it and hand directing duties off to someone else. Also, no writer has been chosen for the project yet.

This is all very early and the road to a feature film is long and difficult. But if all goes well, we'll all be able to enjoy a fun project within the next couple years! I'm hopeful I will be able to supply more information and details in the future.

More soon!

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info

No new posts 21-07-2019 16:27 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Years ago, I belonged to a group of Loudoun County (Virginia) writers (fiction and nonfiction) trying to break into the industry. We met monthly, tried to get some things going for local writers and networked. At some of our meetings, we invited local traditionally published authors to talk abut their experiences.

One of them told us about an interesting habit in Hollywood. A group would offer someone (script writer, published author, etc) a contract for the right to make their work into a movie. The contract would be for ten years. The owner of the work would be paid an annual retainer for the movie rights to their work for ten years. The amount could range anywhere from $10,000 to hundreds of thousands each year. If a movie was made, they'd get a set amount (but lose all of their rights and any more payments). If no movie was made by the end of the ten years, the owner got the movie rights back. One author said he was so horrified by the movie version he disavowed himself of it.

I seem to remember Warner Brothers considering it around the same time the Gatchaman disguised as BotP comic came out back in 2000-2001 timeframe.

I hope this wasn't initiated in those veins.

No new posts 22-07-2019 00:19 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh boy! I just read the news on Twitter. Don't, don't mess this up, Russo people!

No new posts 22-07-2019 13:18 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer

Hi Becky,

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
Years ago, I belonged to a group of Loudoun County (Virginia) writers (fiction and nonfiction) trying to break into the industry. We met monthly, tried to get some things going for local writers and networked. At some of our meetings, we invited local traditionally published authors to talk abut their experiences.

One of them told us about an interesting habit in Hollywood. A group would offer someone (script writer, published author, etc) a contract for the right to make their work into a movie...

I seem to remember Warner Brothers considering it around the same time the Gatchaman disguised as BotP comic came out back in 2000-2001 timeframe.

I hope this wasn't initiated in those veins.

That's an interesting writing/contract arrangement you described. I haven't heard of anything like that. I really don't know all the circumstances that led people to us at Sandy Frank's, nor their motivations and levels of knowledge for the Battle property. I felt many of them who were interested in television or film projects seemed to come from the standpoints of being sincere fans though.

Yes, Warner Bros. Animation was interested in Battle when Mr. Frank had the rights. They were vying for feature film rights along with a few other high profile studios. For varied reasons, nothing ever came from the interest even though one of the studios was *very* close to being signed.

I have added a page to my site to follow any potential film news, and will keep posting things here of course. Hope for updates soon!

他のジェイソン
www.battleoftheplanets.info

No new posts 23-07-2019 00:51 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: