Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Hugo Award?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hugo Award?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Hugo Award? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I came across an article that basically stated that A03 has been nominated for a Hugo Award. "Archive of our own."

Thats an interesting one, so... how does that work if it wins??

No new posts 07-04-2019 10:58 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

The category is "Best Related Work".

I guess that means the Organization for Transformative Works would be the winner of the award in recognition of the work that goes into giving us all a place to share our stories. In that way it would be work related to the literary categories - at least that would be how I interpret it.

No new posts 07-04-2019 11:17 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've heard of it but I had to go look it up:

The Hugo Awards are a set of literary awards given annually for the best science fiction or fantasy works and achievements of the previous year.

So its seems to me, based on the above, A03 collectively has been nominated because it contains the best science fiction and fantasy work.

No new posts 07-04-2019 19:46 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Here is proof positive, yet again, that I take things literally.

I just looked at the list of nominees. Why would they nominate a site provider vice a particular site using the provider? I would assume a lot of people use the provider for sites that have nothing to do with Science fiction and/or fantasy.

Or am I really missing something here? Cyclops1

No new posts 07-04-2019 19:56 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Apparently if the site gets the award all the work on it gets the award. Not bad... Wink

No new posts 16-05-2019 06:05 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That's good.

No new posts 17-05-2019 00:01 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: