Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » New Book With Battle Mention!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New Book With Battle Mention!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
New Book With Battle Mention! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all,

About a year ago I was contacted by authors who were writing a book about Saturday morning kids' shows. They asked for some Battle of the Planets imagery, which I was glad to provide. I hadn't heard anything about it for a while, and a couple weeks ago I stopped in a local bookstore (yes, there are still some around!) to see that the book had indeed been published. I didn't even know its name - I just saw the title on the shelf and picked it up out of curiosity. Then I saw the authors' names and it clicked, "Oh, yeah..."

The book, titled It's Saturday Morning!, was published last October. Had I known about it, I could have let you all know previous to the holidays. I just got a copy and can report that it is a nicely-designed, oversized, full-color hardback. It includes content from the 1960s through the 1990s. No single topic is covered in great detail however, and there are a lot of omissions. This is more of a best-of than an in-depth study.

The Battle section is decent - it runs six pages, which matches the coverage given many other "bigger" shows. Much of that space is taken up by visuals. The coverage reads like it was gleaned from various internet sources (my own site included), but unfortunately there are a number of factual errors in the text and captions.

I was glad they thought about Battle even though it wasn't primarily a Saturday morning show. Some US markets aired it against the powerhouse network lineups on Saturdays, but not many.

It's out there if anyone is interested in a purchase.

It's Saturday Morning! - Celebrating the Golden Era of Cartoons - 1960s - 1990s
By Joe Garner and Michael Ashley

Released: 10-23-18
224 pages
11.25" x 10.25"
$34.99
Published by: b&m! Books
ISBN 978-0760362945

Amazon
Barnes & Noble

More soon,

Jason (the other)

www.battleoftheplanets.info

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 13-02-2019 at 01:29.
No new posts 11-02-2019 01:17 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That's interesting Jason. Thanks for letting us know!

No new posts 11-02-2019 02:26 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks Jason!
In my Amazon basket Smile.

No new posts 11-02-2019 08:21 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Ordered!!

No new posts 11-02-2019 11:04 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Good work OJ!!! Its in my favourites thats for sure!

No new posts 12-02-2019 10:12 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer

Glad to put the word out there. I hope anyone who picks the book up enjoys it!

The Other Jason

www.battleoftheplanets.info

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 13-02-2019 at 01:31.
No new posts 13-02-2019 01:30 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

My copy arrived yesterday.

BotP starts from page 102, and they do give you, your book and your site a mention. There's some good illustrations, but the text is more of a glossary of the show, and it's beginnings. Nothing we don't know already, but for someone who may have watched it back in the day and since forgotten, then yeah, it might trigger some fond memories... which I'm sure is the point of the book after all.

I like the random 'After these messages' pages, showing stills from adverts that were shown around the time of the various programs broadcast.

And I will get around to reading about the other shows it features, He-man, Thundercats, Carebears... and more.

No new posts 13-02-2019 09:59 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: