Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » American explains Australia
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page American explains Australia
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
American explains Australia Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I was wandering around YouTube when I came across a video called, "American explains Australia to Americans". As I watched, I realized I was woefully ignorant (yes, you read right -- I was woefully ignorant) of our friends Down Under! Eek6
Once I had finished viewing, I believe I have been greatly enriched about the that wonderful continent and its citizens! Wave1 whoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pdTzAo3gNA

Question Question So, what do y'all think? Question Question

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 28-12-2018 at 20:11.
No new posts 28-12-2018 20:10 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ok, not being Aussie I can't really comment on his accuracy, if anyone from Australia would like to weigh in, I would be very interested in their opinion.

I'd also be interested in what this particular American would make of the UK....

No new posts 28-12-2018 20:24 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Not a bad effort. He's fairly accurate, while still having a couple of tongue-in-cheek comments thrown in. I like some of the pics he's used too.
That last point in the video (the bit before the "get stuffed" slide) is an important PSA!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Katblu42 on 29-12-2018 at 11:12.
No new posts 29-12-2018 03:34 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

I went to Australia as an exchange student in the 80s, and joined a group of American and Italian students for orientation and the “end of stay camp” (I was the only Greek). It was hilarious, we went through the misconceptions we had about Australia before going there, plus the linguistic challenges (eg, using the word “rubber” for eraser, etc). Lol

No new posts 29-12-2018 14:04 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

I think this would be a good place to throw something else in.

My dad used to say that, when he was in the navy, combat didn't frighten him. However, when the ship's Navajo Code Talkers got into drinking contests with Aussies... watchout

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 29-12-2018 at 22:21.
No new posts 29-12-2018 22:20 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: