Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » In Hindsight...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page In Hindsight...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kitsu Kitsu is a Female
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-05-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I feel for you GGO... I have osteoarthritis in my knees. Most days it's so bad I can't get up and down from the sofa or the toilet. Steps? They don't happen often. I've taken to sleeping in the living room to avoid the pain and the creaking and Rice Krispies coming from both knees. I need replacements, but they say I'm too young for that yet. No offense, but I want to be active now at 45. When I'm 65, I'm not going to want to be as active because the rest of me will be crapping out. Laugh1

Ah, old age... isn't it great... Looney

No new posts 06-08-2018 17:25 Kitsu is offline Search for Posts by Kitsu Add Kitsu to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm sorry but too young? Bull! If its affecting the quality of your life, it should be your decision when you want the surgery. So what if it means you need it again in 15 years. Again, that's your decision. You might want to press the issue, Kitsu.

No new posts 06-08-2018 23:11 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Kitsu Kitsu is a Female
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-05-2016

spacer

Yeah, believe it or not, they say I'm too young. But there are factors the doc isn't looking at. I've had issues with my knees since I was 19 and, from what he says, I have a growth abnormality, so I guess that's part of the problem. Another part of my issue is having gone through menopause. I lost one ovary at 33, the next a year later at 34. So yeah, I'm only 45, but my body aged faster having gone through menopause like I did.
Honestly, I know some of it is the insurance. They have this long list of options you have to go through first before they approve surgery. Of course, most of the treatments either don't work or make things worse. Such is life... Freak9

No new posts 09-08-2018 16:26 Kitsu is offline Search for Posts by Kitsu Add Kitsu to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: