Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » The arrival.
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The arrival.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
The arrival. Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've had an interesting week....

The queens birthday Monday public holiday took on a new meaning...
I had a dramatic start to labour in childbirworthy of a Swan/ Eagle fic... Smile lol...
Cut a long story short...

Tuesday 12th June at 1.54am number 5 in our family arrived into the world.

My son Maxwell James was born.
We are settling in as much you can with a newborn baby and busy household.

No new posts 16-06-2018 11:23 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Congratulations and best wishes! Animeclap

No new posts 16-06-2018 13:28 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Congratulations Ebony! baby2

Number five, eh ? You now have your own Science Ninja Team! Daisy2

No new posts 16-06-2018 13:30 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Congratulations!!!!

After coping with twins, a little boy will be a breeze in comparison....

Good luck and best wishes to you and your extended family.

No new posts 16-06-2018 15:33 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

That's wonderful Ebony! Congrats! All the best!

No new posts 16-06-2018 21:21 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
GirlCondor GirlCondor is a Female

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-05-2018

spacer

Congratulations! Wishing you all the rest and luck and pleasant quiet moments you can get! ^_^

No new posts 17-06-2018 01:55 GirlCondor is offline Homepage of GirlCondor Search for Posts by GirlCondor Add GirlCondor to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer

Party3 Congratulations!

Best wishes to you and your brood.Heart

No new posts 17-06-2018 05:52 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer

Congratulations.

Now, how long do you think it'll be before you can have a full night's sleep again?

No new posts 17-06-2018 06:19 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer

Hola Ebony,

Congratulations!!!! Those are fantastic news. Hope by now you are fully recovered and enjoying the new member of the family.

I'm glad everything turned up well.

Clap

Condor

No new posts 18-06-2018 05:10 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

GGW--- Sleep?? I know that word... Mmm...its what other people do. Wink
I didn’t sleep well in the 3rd trimester. My recliner lounge was my friend. He's a fairly settled baby for a week old. Usual newborn moments of course. He came earlier than the obstetricians planned day. ( I was booked in for Tuesday thos week.)
I'm overjoyed he's here! Might be time to do a run of Gatchaman once breastfeeding is more established. Early days of it are painful. But he is a beginner being a newborn.

No new posts 18-06-2018 12:20 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Many many congratulations ES!!!
Huggles

No new posts 18-06-2018 20:56 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Kitsu Kitsu is a Female
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-05-2016

spacer

Congrats on the new arrival! Smile
And lots of luck getting sleep... I remember those days not so fondly, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that he learns to sleep through the night FAST!! <3 sleep4

No new posts 09-07-2018 15:14 Kitsu is offline Search for Posts by Kitsu Add Kitsu to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I tried to breast feed my son, but I got that infection - can't remember the name of it. Poor kid would have starved to death if there was no formula available.

No new posts 09-07-2018 18:30 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
I tried to breast feed my son, but I got that infection - can't remember the name of it. Poor kid would have starved to death if there was no formula available.

Mastitis?

No new posts 09-07-2018 22:49 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes! It's nasty.

No new posts 10-07-2018 23:33 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Redbird
quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock

Mastitis?

I've fended Mastitis off twice in the last two weeks, I had the start of it with blocked ducts and had to do the massaging etc to clear it out for 24 hours. (That hurts! Try massaging a bruise.) Yes it is nasty if you end up with it. I have probiotics that help keep infections at bay. Its getting better now and breastfeeding is becoming more established some of the pain easing.

But I can see why many women give it up early and go for bottles!

No new posts 11-07-2018 05:28 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer

Does the old cabbage leaf trick work for mastitis? Or is that for something else?

No new posts 11-07-2018 06:22 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

The OB/GYN didn't say anything about trying massage. Wish I'd known about that.

No new posts 11-07-2018 22:58 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Kitsu Kitsu is a Female
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-05-2016

spacer

I don't know why women give up on breastfeeding so soon. I know 2 friends who tried but their babies just wanted nothing to do with it. I guess there isn't much you can do about that Frown

Me personally, I never wanted to try it. I know it's better for them, but I didn't feel comfortable with the idea... I had a friend who had a baby a few months before me and, as I watched her, I felt really uncomfortable. I didn't like the idea of just whipping my boob out whenever and wherever and I hated the idea of having my kid latched on to me all the time, the leakage, pumping so that my hubby could take over once in a while, not knowing how much he was getting because boobs aren't see through and graduated... In fact, soon after my first was born, there was a local woman who got arrested because her baby died from not getting enough to eat (she had some sort of issue I guess) and that was my argument, that boobs aren't see through and graduated, so how do you know? Besides, what the hell was wrong with the doc? They couldn't tell the baby wasn't thriving?! It was crazy...

But that's just me... Some women want to breast feed, enjoy the closeness and are okay with doing it in public. I'm all for it if you can do it and you're comfortable with it because it is better for them. Animeclap

Besides, I wanted to go back to my coffee drinking and eating bad things, having the occasional drink, so... yeah, didn't need a drunk and hyper baby laugh3

No new posts 12-07-2018 12:03 Kitsu is offline Search for Posts by Kitsu Add Kitsu to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I bet the mother whose baby died had mastitis. In my case, hardly nothing was coming out. After trying to pump for 30 minutes and getting maybe 1 ounce, I called the doc. I'd had a fever after delivery and he felt that was actually the start of it vice just a semi-normal reaction to giving birth.

But as you said, she and her doctor should have noticed the baby wasn't thriving.

No new posts 12-07-2018 23:07 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: