Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Australia Day
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Australia Day
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Australia Day Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Happy Austraya day weekend for anyone celebrating.

We recognise the origins and history of the land from Aboriginal to British colonisation. Its not all pretty but no real history is and attitudes change over time.

We went a friends house for a BBQ and splash in the pool yesterday. Kids can home crispy sunburned. ( My 10 and 9 year olds more so. Twins just tanned darker because they had sunscreen on all day, they got the deeper bronzed tan.) That's what happens when they ignore my efforts to get them to top up on sunscreen. I did warn them both...Today they have the consequences.
But they had a full day the most awesome slip and slide ever down a slope into a horse paddock, and motorbikes, and Quad rides.

I did a mass of baking for the crowd. Lamingtons, Pavlova with cream and strawberries, passionfruit. Tarts and brownies, and cookies for the American friends joining us at the party at horse the farm.

Enjoy your weekend and remember sunscreen!! Its biting hot out there and high UV.

No new posts 27-01-2018 02:44 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

And humid!

Both yesterday and today Sydney was so humid that the smallest amount of physical activity - like walking to the clothes line - had me drenched in sweat.

Yeah, Straya!

Sounds like you had an awesome day with your family Ebony, and a fantastic Aussie feast.

No new posts 27-01-2018 07:01 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It was hot and humid here as well, so after I'd walked the dogs (puppy is walking beautifully with a harness and leash) I crawled back under my rock and stayed there for the day.

When we lived in Perth, we were close enough to the city that we could watch the Australia Day fireworks from the upstairs balcony, and I used to enjoy it, but these days I don't miss it at all. I'd rather sit out on the back verandah with the Kelpies, the Kangaroos and a glass of the local Cab/Merlot blend to watch the sun go down (there's a lot to be said for living in a wine region). That's probably a very Australian thing to do.

The weather is much nicer today - a mild 24 degrees Centigrade.

Tonight the boys from the Fire Brigade have set up a projector and screen on the little pebble beach at the old ford down by the bridge. We'll all bring chairs and picnics and arrange ourselves on the riverbank, then when it gets dark, we'll watch a movie. I think this year's offering is 'As Good as it Gets' with Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt. Says it all, really.

No new posts 27-01-2018 08:37 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

Here on the flipside of the world, it's about 38F (3.33C) right now. So we've got a heatwave going on as well. Tongue

Nevertheless, I do hope you ladies enjoy your weekend! Smile

No new posts 27-01-2018 15:41 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Glad y'all had a nice holiday. Smile

No new posts 28-01-2018 00:20 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: