Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » Infini-T Force Episode 9, now streaming!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Infini-T Force Episode 9, now streaming!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
Infini-T Force Episode 9, now streaming! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

Viz and Tubi TV are both now streaming Infini-T Force episode 9, "In Flux.” Here is the episode synopsis and links to both sites. Enjoy!

"Emi and Kaan are pulled into an alternate dimension, only to find Ken and the others embroiled in a deadly brawl against a super-charged Bell Lynn. The barrage of weaponry that follows brings an end for some and a new beginning for others."

Viz Link:
https://www.viz.com/watch/streaming/medi...sode-9/9936/sub

Tubi TV Link:
http://tubitv.com/tv-shows/397872/s01_e09_in_flux

Looking forward to seeing more thoughts about the new episode. Sorry it didn't work out for a group viewing last weekend. I'll try for another in upcoming weekends.

The Other Jason

www.battleoftheplanets.info

No new posts 22-11-2017 18:09 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That's a bit of an intense episode isn't it??

No new posts 22-11-2017 22:28 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes, intense indeed. And at the end, just when it seems like Emi is starting to truly realize who she really is and what she can do... I didn't see that twist coming.

Good for Kaan, a hero in the end. As for Belle, I don't think there was much chance of that, though Joji may not have entirely given up on her.

LOL, and I love Ken. So hardcore he doesn't need a special bench at a gym to do his inclined crunches -no, a window will do just fine!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 23-11-2017 at 02:30.
No new posts 23-11-2017 02:28 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

LOL yes that scene killed me. Smile And Emi's reaction. Smile

No new posts 23-11-2017 23:36 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer

So now it's all up to faithful dog Friender to Save The Day and somehow communicate to Emi that Ken, Joji, Takeshi and Tetsuya have fallen down the well. (After having convinced her of the existence of Ken, Joji, Takeshi, Tetsuya and the well.)

I hope Friender was a working breed dog before he became a robot. It's going to take some serious canine ingenuity to sort this one out.

(If he was a Kelpie, then he'll come up with a plan, figure out exactly how he's going to save the world, set his plan in motion, run into the old "lack of opposable thumbs" problem that has beset Kelpies from time immemorial and stand staring intently at Emi while barking and vocalising to try and explain that he really needs her to turn the bloody doorknob and let him out. If you've ever been on the receiving end of a Kelpie stare, you'll know what I mean. The only thing that has kept Kelpies from saving the world to date is the necessity to enlist humans who are too dumb to understand what they're barking about. Also, sheep are really distracting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Kelpie)

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by GrumpyGhostOwl on 24-11-2017 at 00:30.
No new posts 24-11-2017 00:19 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I know nothing about him as a character. Will be interesting to see just how smart Friender might be. Smile

No new posts 24-11-2017 00:28 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I doubt Friender had much character development in the original series. After all, he's a dog, and Casshan pre-dated Footrot Flats* by quite some time.

*A New Zealand comic strip whose main protagonist was The Dog, an extremely intelligent Border Collie. The Dog is probably one of the most well-rounded, extensively developed and hilariously funny fictional canines of all time.

Heaven only knows what The Dog would make of Friender.

http://www.footrotflats.com/the-characters?character=dog

No new posts 24-11-2017 01:30 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

In the original Casshan TV series, Friender didn't have much in the way of traditional "character development," but he did have a personality. He also had the usual dog-related traits of being extremely loyal, and was often shown being very patient with whatever foolishness Casshan and Luna got themselves into. He didn't have the advantage of speech or thought balloons, but he could get his point across. There were a number of times when his actions were the only reason that Casshan wasn't completely trashed by the Andro Army, or he was saved by Friender after he was trashed. Friender also had one of the best howls ever.

Sadly, Infini-T Force has never made use of Friender's unique abilities. Aside from being able to bite and claw his way through his robot foes, he could melt them with his flame breath. Friender could also transform into four different vehicles for Casshan to use, the Friender Jet, the Friender Car, the Friender Tank, and the Friender Marine. You can see examples of all if this in the Casshan TV series opening credits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozyqVUILNFw

By the way, the man singing the Casshan opening theme is Isao Sasaki, the voice of Joe in Gatchaman.

Anyway, Friender was a great character, and he still is. I also think that Ken really needed to thank Friender for saving his life during the fight with Damien Gray.

James

No new posts 24-11-2017 05:43 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
I also think that Ken really needed to thank Friender for saving his life during the fight with Damien Gray.

James

Agreed. Ken is clearly not a dog person.

No new posts 24-11-2017 08:26 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, Friender did try to take a chunk out of him earlier in the series. Smile

No new posts 24-11-2017 10:06 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

True, but a dog person would have instinctively stood their ground, pitched their voice low and said, "SIT!"

Because, "Sit!" delivered with confidence and assertiveness in the right tone of voice generally has the dog's bum hitting the ground and skidding even before its feet have stopped running. In extreme cases, the dog arrives in an untidy heap at your feet, at which point I lean in and gently say, "Good dog... and never forget, you little shit, that I am the alpha bitch around here."

Once the dog accepts this, there are treats and praise and we are friends.

Going back to a previous thread, it wasn't episode 1 that had the glimpse of Katse and the goons; it was the manga. This still leads me to suspect that Ken has been plucked from his version of the Gatchaverse in the middle of the first Galactor conflict. From the way he interacts with Emi and his ignorance of modern technology, it also looks as though time runs differently in his Gatchaverse since he still has some rather old-fashioned attitudes and mannerisms, which, as much as the grey hair, lead the others to address him as "Gramps" and "Old man." Either that or technology has just developed in a completely different direction.

And I still think that putting a pusher on a military aircraft is a suicidal idea. But that's just me. I always preferred to be able to land and use the steps.

No new posts 24-11-2017 11:59 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, there are a lot of dog people who aren't that disciplined. Smile Somehow I don't imagine Ken had time for pets.

However, there were some some very heartstring-pulling dog episodes in the 3 Gatch series!

No new posts 24-11-2017 21:21 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: