Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Is this the science that could eventually give rise to the Sonic Boomerang?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Is this the science that could eventually give rise to the Sonic Boomerang?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer
Is this the science that could eventually give rise to the Sonic Boomerang? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

There is speculation afoot that some North American diplomats in Cuba could be affected by "covert sonic devices."

Could this be the science that could eventually give us the "Sonic Boomerang" from Battle of the Planets? Well, clearly not yet, since to be effective using current technology, you'd need to mount the birdrang on the back of a truck, but have a read of the article and see what you think.

Oh, and happy Science Week!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-16/cu...heories/8812578

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by GrumpyGhostOwl on 16-08-2017 at 05:55.
No new posts 16-08-2017 05:54 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Interesting read.

I had heard of something like the speakers hidden in walls idea before. It was one of the first things I thought of when I started reading the article. Super low level audio played continuously over long periods of time might also have an affect on the structure of the building though.

They touch on something else relevant to G-Force/Science Ninja Team - microwaves. The frequency the bracelets use for the transformations is in the microwave range!

No new posts 16-08-2017 14:49 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I actually heard of some of the possibilities of using sound as a weapon -- on Mythbusters, they touched upon this while testing to see if there's really a "brown note". It included (among other things) how the US military was developing a "sound cannon" to be used on civilians. (They said they intended to use it to break up riots, but a healthy, suspicious mind can easily think of other uses....)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 17-08-2017 at 22:38.
No new posts 16-08-2017 23:26 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Meep. Smile

No new posts 17-08-2017 03:30 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: