Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Anime & Cartoons » Captain Harlock
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Captain Harlock
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Captain Harlock Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

After I bought Gatchaman II from Amazon, it recommended "Captaing Harlock". I'd never heard of this anime before, but the plot seemed interesting. I'm asking after the horse has bolted -- I've already ordered the set -- but, do you know this series? Do you like it?

No new posts 26-05-2017 06:17 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
DeDe3 DeDe3 is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes, I know about the series. It came out in the 80's dubbed with another series by the same creator. There are several sequels to this series. I really enjoyed it. It was created by the man who created Space Battleship Yamato/Starblazers. There is also a CGI movie that came out within the last couple of years.

No new posts 26-05-2017 19:59 DeDe3 is offline Send an Email to DeDe3 Search for Posts by DeDe3 Add DeDe3 to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I haven't seen enough of it to be able to give an opinion, but from what I understand it's a very popular series.

No new posts 26-05-2017 21:16 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh good! Looking forward to receding the set -- will let you know what I think!

No new posts 27-05-2017 14:07 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

I'm very familiar with the Captain Harlock TV series, and have been a fan since I first saw it in 1979. It's not a quick paced, lots-of-action series (Not that there isn't action -- there is!), but more of a slow paced, stylized drama that relies a lot on mood and feeling. There are many times when the characters do things that might seem illogical, but it is done more for the emotional impact of these events than anything else. So go into the series with your heart on your sleeve, and you'll likely enjoy it quite a bit.

James

No new posts 11-06-2017 03:33 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
So go into the series with your heart on your sleeve, and you'll likely enjoy it quite a bit.

James

Thank you James -- that's quite an endorsement!

No new posts 11-06-2017 20:38 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: