Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » GrumpyElectricWhite
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page GrumpyElectricWhite
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
GrumpyElectricWhite Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

In a decent-sized chunk of North America, people have been experiencing all four seasons each week. Yup, you guessed it, I'm one of them!

For those of you fortunate enough to not experience this, here's a tiny taste of what I've been dealing with...

Last Friday, we reached a high temperature of 81° (27° C) -- the highest February temperature ever for this area. The very next day, the high temp was 38° (3° C). Next came a couple of days of near-seasonal weather (late winter just about to become early spring), and then Tuesday through early Wednesday came several supercell storms that produced several tornadoes. (Thankfully, nothing really serious hit here beyond a little flooding, though lots of folks were spooked, thanks to those storms hitting so close to the 5th anniversary of the EF3 and EF4 tornadoes that hit Henryville.) This morning, there was a little snow on the ground.

I've been in a considerable amount of pain, especially during the severe weather and the extreme temperature swings. Thanks to the stiffness I feel, I have a new appreciation of what the Tin Woodsman must have been going through when Dorothy found him by the Yellow Brick Road. Also, trees have started pollinating early, so everyone here's dealing with springtime allergies early.

And, to top it off, there have been reminders of a bunch of unpleasant anniversaries. I've already mentioned the 5th anniversary of the March 2 tornadoes that hit Henryville. It's also the 20th anniversary of the worst flooding this region had seen since 1937, plus it's the 80th anniversary of the 1937 floods. And, coincidentally, this Sunday's the 20th anniversary of my mom's death.

So it's been a bit difficult for me to be my usual, chipper self. Thanks for letting me vent a little.

No new posts 03-03-2017 16:34 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Wow, that's nuts. I don't think anyone can manage 100% happy and chipper. There's nothing wrong with feeling a bit low from time to time. Hang in there. *hugs*

No new posts 03-03-2017 21:45 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

snowing Cold Thinking of you, EW!

Cyprus has also been very cold -- and occasionally warm enough for tee shirts at lunchtime and cold enough for gloves and hats by evening.

I hope things will improve in your part of the world soon.

No new posts 03-03-2017 21:56 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer

Hope things improve for you soon, EW. The weather here has been a bit crazy as well. Summer and autumn decided to swap places and we've got a week of semi-tropical weather with the kinds of atmospheric instability that leads to lightning strikes and bushfires.

Those with certain types of arthritis and old healed fractures are complaining (quite justifiably) of aches and pains - some bright young doctors will tell you that there's no such thing as a joint that can predict the weather but everybody my age knows someone who has one that does just that!

No new posts 03-03-2017 22:16 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

GGO -- Yeah, I just love burying all those bright young doctors with all the studies that have shown that arthritic joints are sensitive to changes in barometric pressure! (So there, ya schmucks!)

I've been trying to talk my hips into telling me something more useful than when it's going to rain or snow...like the winning Powerball or Mega Millions numbers at the next drawing. (No luck so far, but I'm still hoping!)

No new posts 03-03-2017 23:02 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer

Keep trying - you never know your luck.

People say that it's good luck if you get hit with bird poop. If that were true, I'd have won the lotto many times over.

Then again, maybe the fact that I've got a talon scar on my lower right eyelid and can still see accounted for the luck...

No new posts 03-03-2017 23:34 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

Everyone seems to have wacky weather right now. Surely it's a Galactor plot, no?

*pokes EW into writing a story* (it might take your mind off stuff) Poke biggrin2

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Redbird on 04-03-2017 at 15:43.
No new posts 04-03-2017 15:42 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: