Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » How Did You Discover Gatchaman Fandom?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page How Did You Discover Gatchaman Fandom?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
How Did You Discover Gatchaman Fandom? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

So you were already a fan of this series, but at some point you found out that you weren't the only person who loves the show. So, how did you first encounter other fans? Did you stumble across them by sheer chance, or did you seek them out? What led you to being here today?!

James

No new posts 18-10-2016 01:50 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hola James,

Very interesting question. Well, I started my collection of Gatchaman a couple of years ago (as I told you, I'm a junior) and I thought that for sure there would be some stories in Fanfiction, so I searche for some in Spanish. None!!!!

Well, the next step was to look for them in English and I came across some from TJ! That's it, I was hooked again in the series! I read her stories and slowly I discovered Gatchaman world, the anime and the groups!

I contacted TJ by FF and the rest is history, thanks to her I'm here today!

Thank you TJ!!!!

Animeparty

Condor

No new posts 18-10-2016 05:16 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Man, it's been a while, I'm not really sure. It probably involved a web search for Gatchaman or something. Smile Or I was commenting on a fic and someone pointed me here. (As you can see throughout these question threads, my memory apparently sucks!)

No new posts 18-10-2016 06:09 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

I had only just discovered Gatchaman, and was trying to watch all the episodes in order to get a feel for the story arc, (and it wasn't easy as the only eps I could find on YouTube were English subs, and posted in three parts) but there was one particular ep I simply couldn't find! I tried typing the episode number into Google, and the best match it came up with was the episode review thread on here. Not exactly what I was looking for, but the next best thing....

Well, I read that, and a few other threads, just at random, until RL pulled me away from my laptop.

The next opportunity I had to search for Gatch, Google led me to GFF, and I had a great time reading all the fics my non-member status would allow! Until I kept being intrigued by one particular Adult rated fic (A night at the J I believe it was). Curiosity got the better of me, so I signed up over there, and KT was born!

I really didn't feel a part of the fandom until after I'd posted my first fic, and it started getting hits and reviews, but my biggest leap of faith was going into the chat room and joining in with the BotP episode reviews there. I was immediately made to feel welcome, the people in the room made sure I felt included in the group and I was thrilled to know that other fans shared many of my joys and frustrations about the shows. I knew from reading fanfic that I wasn't the only one to ship Eagle and Swan, and also others that shipped Condor and Swan too, but to know everyone found Zark just as annoying as I did was a huge relief.

It seemed easy from there to finally register for an account here. I had been lurking for quite a while by then, and I think it was because I wanted to reply to a thread that finally convinced me to join.

Since then, I haven't really looked back. I enjoy being an active member, and I feel it's somewhere I truly belong.

No new posts 18-10-2016 08:09 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I'm glad that you enjoyed my fics, Adriana! It's great seeing you here!

I did an online search and found the BOtP Mailing List. It was very intimidating and difficult to join in, but I saw Springie posting one of her fics there and contacted her to tell her how much I liked it. We hit it off, and then she hooked me up with the rest of the fandom: The Clubhouse (which is now gone), fanfiction.net, Billy's site (which is also gone) and eventually Gatchamania.

No new posts 18-10-2016 13:24 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

Waaaaaaaaaaay back in the desert days...
A student anime viewing group attracted the attention of one gentlebeing - Andy... who toted along this strange stack of paper called an APA....

Bird Scramble!....

I was hooked!

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Reboekah on 18-10-2016 at 13:34.
No new posts 18-10-2016 13:33 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

LOL, how could I forget that I was a member of the APA for a little while, too? I was thinking of what led me here in particular. I can't remember how I found that, either. I'd loved BOTP as a kid and heard about Gatchaman in university and was always good with computers so I'm going to bet that I found out about the APA online somewhere. Maybe on Usenet.

LTNS Boeke. Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 18-10-2016 at 19:12.
No new posts 18-10-2016 19:12 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I caught BotP in 1978 but didn't find out about Gatchaman until 2002. When the first VHS tapes came out on BotP in 2001/2002, I started searching the internet. I found the original Gatchfanfic and Wendy Dinsmore's old White Shadow site. Back then I couldn't get ahold of any Gatchaman videos, so my first intro was Wendy's fic Out of the Shadows. I was appalled to find out G-2 had died at the end of the original series. I was sooooo glad they hadn't done those episodes for BotP.

No new posts 21-10-2016 00:37 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: