Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Fun Forums] »You Gotta See This! » Deadly hickeys!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Deadly hickeys!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Deadly hickeys! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

When I first saw this headline, I instantly grew concerned -- could a member or two of the team be at risk?

==========

Mexico Reports: Teen Dies From Girlfriend's Hickey
A blood clot reportedly traveled to his brain in a matter of hours

(Newser) – A teen boy appears to be the second known case of a hickey causing a stroke and the first of that love bite being lethal. Julio Macias Gonzalez, who was just 17, began convulsing during dinner with his family in Mexico City the day after spending the night with his 24-year-old girlfriend and died at the scene, reports the Independent via local media reports. According to those reports, doctors think that suction from the hickey was so strong it caused a blood clot, which traveled to the teen's brain and resulted in a stroke.

Bizarre as it sounds, Time reports on a similar case of a hickey causing a stroke. The 44-year-old did not die, however, and her case study was written up in the New Zealand Medical Journal in 2010 as "a rare phenomenon." Her clot traveled to her heart, caused a minor stroke, and was treated quickly.

==========

You know, part of me is surprised something like this hasn't been used in a severely off-the-wall Gatch or BotP episode!

No new posts 31-08-2016 21:27 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Meep! I saw something similar happen on Untold Stories of the ER, but the person didn't die.

No new posts 01-09-2016 00:07 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Omfg Wow! That's scary!!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 01-09-2016 02:41 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer

Hola EW,

I read that report in Spanish and it seems that his death was caused for the clot. But I wonder if the boy suffered from high blood pressure..... because, this is the first time someone die.

I believe he wouldn't be the first person "suffering" from love marks. If you look at the photo, it doesn't look so bad. It's not even a bite.

My guess is that his condition was such that any internal hemorrhage could had cause him a similar outcome.

Anyway, it a sad end for someone so young!

Frown

No new posts 01-09-2016 04:53 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: