Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman II » Fan letter to Ken
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Fan letter to Ken
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Fan letter to Ken Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I stumbled upon this recently and it gave me giggle...and I also wondered what people would write if they were addressing any of the characters....

Dear Ken

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 25-08-2016 04:48 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hmmmm...the link seems to be broken...
Trying again

Dear Ken

Please let me know if it doesn't work...just in case, I've copied the entire letter. It was written by Heather Massey in 2008.

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 25-08-2016 at 04:53.
No new posts 25-08-2016 04:50 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I’m writing because I need to get something off my chest. It’s been bothering me for a long time and I feel that you should finally know. Why me? Jô won’t tell you because he’s always busy tinkering with that car of his. Ryû is too busy stuffing his face, and Jinpei has an awful lot of responsibility what with his menagerie and all.

Jun, of course, would never presume to put her needs before yours.

So that leaves me, a stranger but longtime fan, to tell it to you straight. What’s that? Oh, please. Don’t act like you haven’t a clue as to what I’m talking about. They don’t call you the Eagle for nothing.

All right, then I’ll make it clear. I know you’ve been through hell. You don’t need me to tell you that since your father’s mysterious disappearance, you’ve carried the weight of the world on your shoulders. Not only that, but you’re the brash, intrepid leader of Kagaku ninja tai Gatchaman, a.k.a. Science Ninja Team Gatchaman. In essence, you really do carry the weight of the world on your shoulders.

Day after day, week after week, you lead your team of specially trained ninjas to battle the evil, technologically advanced Galactor organization currently terrorizing planet Earth. And I realize how anguishing it is that Red Impulse, your mentor-with-a-secret-identity, won’t give you the time of day.

However, Ken—listen to my words—that’s no reason to ignore Jun, the love of your life.

First of all, she’s an amazing warrior with superior grace. She’s also the most scientifically minded of the group—you don’t need me to remind you how many times her technical wizardry plucked you out of tough scrapes. She’s brave, too. I mean, that time she was holding the fiery GodPhoenix together with her bare hands? Gutsy.

I’ve watched her take out a dozen Galactor henchmen at once and in response, you…you merely nod your head. A head nod? What the hell is wrong with you? The next time that happens, sweep her into your arms and ravish her with a hot, breathless kiss (but, uh, you both might want to remove your helmets first).

Speaking of Jun’s physical attributes, she flaunts a wavy mane of raven black hair, full lips, and astonishingly green doe-eyes. And those hips—rowrrr! Hers are the type of hips a hero like you can really wrap your hands around. Her bosom ain’t bad, either.

But man, are you ever dense. What will it take, Ken? Just what will it take for you to recognize Jun’s adoration for you and admit you’re hopelessly in love? What will it take for you to demonstrate your feelings with more than just a bland, paternal expression of approval?

Do you realize how many times she looks at you? How many missions leave her frazzled and worried for your safety? Jun is every man’s dream, for heaven’s sake. She serves you tasty treats at her Snack J café. The woman even rocks out in her own band! If that’s not enough, here’s a Newsflash: She always sits or stands next to you, Ken, you clueless oaf!

Thank goodness I’m here, because I’ve got just the advice you need. For starters, you need to start showing off your lean, hot bod a lot more often. Yeah, like that. Jun has needs, you know.

Or maybe some therapy would help. In your case, I diagnose a case of Being Extremely Dense, so certainly a plasma shock treatment is in order.

And another thing: Quit hanging out with those Galactor goons so often. Boys’ night out is one thing, but you’re not going to defeat Galactor all by yourself. Plus, you can de-brief with Jun—I mean, c’mon! She’s way hotter than Gatchaman’s chief/father substitute Dr. Nambu.

I also recommend more alone time with her. Jinpei’s a great kid, and fiercely loyal to you both, but even though he’s Jun’s adopted brother, you’ve got to stop using him as an enabler. Get over your insecurities and take Jun away for a romantic trip to some deserted tropical island. Dr. Nambu might even let you fly aboard the GodPhoenix. Haven’t you ever thought about the kinky fun you and Jun could have while in flight, especially now with the advantage of automatic piloting?! Well, now’s a good time!

Ken, I promise you, it’ll all work out just fine. Jun understands and accepts your flaws, as do I.

Please take my words to heart and open your heart to the most intelligent, nurturing, and beautiful woman you’ll ever have the honor of knowing.

Joyfully yours,

Heather

Postus Scriptus: For more GATCHAMAN goodness, indulge in the sites and videos below:

GATCHAMAN: Home of the White Shadow
GATCHAMAN
GATCHonline

No new posts 25-08-2016 04:53 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

Ah, too true. too true! But, unfortunately, you could take a copy of this letter, roll it up, stuff it inside a blue fin tuna, and smack him upside the head with it, and he still won't get a clue!

No new posts 25-08-2016 08:00 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I suspect many of the viewers have felt the exact same way!

No new posts 25-08-2016 13:31 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Hehe, very cute Smile

No new posts 25-08-2016 20:33 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

A letter to Joe would probably try to get him to the doctor sooner.

No new posts 25-08-2016 22:25 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Good point, Becky! I'd definitely tell Joe to make the team aware of his dizziness/eyesight issues! He was putting them at risk to spare his pride. Also, he might have been "out of commission" for a while, but he'd have a better chance of surviving (especially if Dr. Nambu and the centrifuge were on the case- haha!) Of course, then he wouldn't be able to make his grand entrance as a cyborg in Gatch II...*grin*

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 27-08-2016 at 01:01.
No new posts 27-08-2016 01:00 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer

Hola!

Thanks Springie for sharing such an interesting letter.

In my opinion, I guess the creators wanted to give a very human aspect to Ken. Being the powerful, invincible superhero that others series shows or Mark from BOTP, detaches him from his emotions.

I have watched BOTP in the Spanish version from Spain (not my favorite dubbing at all, but it's the only one available in Spanish), and over there Mark character (and voice), makes him distant, arrogant and very independent from the others. Once I read an article from Sapin saying that the series is actually about Mark and his companions (??????)

In that sense, I'm very happy for the human aspect that we can see in the Gatchaman series. I'm so glad that behind that Hero mask, lies a very sensitive, shy and even vulnerable person.

Also, behind Joe's attitude and cold expressions, there is a very caring and misunderstood character..... My favorite now!!!! Jeje

Yippee Yippee Yippee

Thanks for sharing!

Hugs to all

Smile

No new posts 28-08-2016 05:19 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: