Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Ouch ouch ow...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ouch ouch ow...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Ouch ouch ow... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

First of all, I want to let you all know that, after a couple of small setbacks (an infection, a reaction to an antibiotic), I`m heading in the right direction – the last wound is closing.

Now, here`s the reason for my rant: for a little over a week now, my foot and ankle have been hurting. I`m not talking about arthritis-type pain. What I`m feeling is the worst pain I`ve felt since the surgery last April. Microwave I can barely tolerate sitting up for more than a few minutes at a time, let alone get into my wheelchair to go anywhere. I do have pain meds – Oxycodone with Tramadol for breakthrough pain – but they haven`t been much help. Slam

I`ve mentioned this to the people at the Wound Clinic, but they don`t seem to get it. (An intense fear of addiction plays a part in this. I can understand and appreciate using a certain level of caution, but there are doctors in this area who won`t give cancer patients pain pills!)

Meanwhile, I`m staying in bed, keeping my feet propped up, wishing the pain pills would kick in and let me do something!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 08-01-2016 at 21:07.
No new posts 08-01-2016 21:06 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm sorry another issue has cropped up, EW. You just can't seem to catch a break.... Frown

Do they know what exactly has caused this new pain?

Sending you speedy healing vibes! Grouphug

No new posts 08-01-2016 21:29 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh man! Sending the Condor to do some accupressure, accupuncture, and any other potentially helpful procedures to offer distraction!

Hopefully they'll figure this out quickly.

No new posts 08-01-2016 22:00 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
E.D. Darling E.D. Darling is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2014

spacer

That's such a pain! Pardon the pun! I hope you get some relief soon!

No new posts 08-01-2016 22:22 E.D. Darling is offline Send an Email to E.D. Darling Search for Posts by E.D. Darling Add E.D. Darling to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Huggles EW, hope you feel better soon

No new posts 09-01-2016 02:20 KT1972 is online Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Redbird

There`s nothing apparent, which makes matters even more frustrating; it`s so easy for them to say it`s arthritis (since the daily temperatures here have been swinging between late spring and mid-winter) or write it off as hyperchondria. Wallbash

No new posts 09-01-2016 03:05 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricWhite
There`s nothing apparent, which makes matters even more frustrating; it`s so easy for them to say it`s arthritis (since the daily temperatures here have been swinging between late spring and mid-winter) or write it off as hyperchondria. Wallbash

Ugh! Maybe there's swelling pushing on a nerve or something. :/ If so, it might go away on its own, but faster if they'd actually pay attention. *sigh*

No new posts 09-01-2016 03:30 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
msannomalley msannomalley is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-05-2014

spacer

I hate it when doctors don't listen to you. I hope you feel better soon, EW.

No new posts 09-01-2016 14:00 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

You know your body better than anyone else, EW. If something isn't right, keep telling anyone and everyone who will listen (and even a few who won't) and make them listen.

Pain is an indication that something isn't right and you shouldn't have to live with it, or try to work around it, or pretend it doesn't exist.

Granted, there are times when they can't do anything for pain, but sometimes just knowing what the real source of it is makes it mentally bearable.

Hope you start feeling better soon!

No new posts 10-01-2016 20:14 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Ugh...hope it is feeling better soon, EW!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 10-01-2016 22:17 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

quote:
quote:

They can say its arthritis all they want, but they need to confirm. Did they take an x-ray? Arthritis shows up on them. Have they tested you for RA? RA has some really weird symptoms. I can have pain with no swelling or inflammation.

I don't remember. Are you diabetic? A lot of diabetics have foot pain.

No new posts 10-01-2016 23:26 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
quote:
quote:

They can say its arthritis all they want, but they need to confirm. Did they take an x-ray? Arthritis shows up on them. Have they tested you for RA? RA has some really weird symptoms. I can have pain with no swelling or inflammation.

I don't remember. Are you diabetic? A lot of diabetics have foot pain.

There are a good number of pre-op x-rays, x-rays from the time I had the fixator, x-rays after the fixator was removed (to make sure everything was aligned properly), plus x-rays when a bone infection popped up a couple of months ago (not to mention a CT scan.) It doesn`t feel like any arthritis pain I`ve had before (I`ve got arthritic hips -- one of the reasons I`m in a wheelchair). The pain is in the ankle (where several bones were fused together -- a common treatment for charcot) and in my foot (where several pins went through).... Now that you`ve mentioned it, I wonder if it`s harder to see arthritis where bones have been fused...

I am diabetic, but this isn`t acting like anything I`ve ead about or had other people describe. And I haven`t been tested for RA.

Let`s see...did I cover everything? It seems like I`ve got a novella here to answer the questions...

No new posts 11-01-2016 03:25 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer

So sorry to hear that EW, I will pray for a prompt recovery and that you don't have to bear pain anymore.....have faith that this is temporary and will be over soon!

Wave3

Lots of hugs from me!

No new posts 11-01-2016 05:33 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Definitely hoping it's just temporary and part of the healing process. *crossing fingers*

No new posts 11-01-2016 05:41 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Here`s an update: I went to the wound clinic this afternoon and FINALLY got through to somebody. The good news is they found the cause. The bad news is it`s a third go-around with the infection that got me stuck in the nursing home longer than planned. Since the treatments with IV antibiotics didn`t work, I`ll be going into the hospital tomorrow morning for more aggressive treatment. (What exactly that is, I don`t know. How long? A few days, but I don`t know exactly how many.)

So..... Cussing

No new posts 13-01-2016 21:31 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
E.D. Darling E.D. Darling is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2014

spacer

Good luck EW! I hope it doesn't keep you in too long!

No new posts 14-01-2016 00:55 E.D. Darling is offline Send an Email to E.D. Darling Search for Posts by E.D. Darling Add E.D. Darling to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Arg. At least they found the cause and you don't have to live with it much longer!!!!! Soldier on! Crusader

No new posts 14-01-2016 01:54 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer

All the best dear! Remember that you are a fighter and will succeed in this!

My prayers are with you. Trust that you will recover soon! GOD is with you!

Lots of hugs from me!

Animeluv

No new posts 14-01-2016 02:29 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Ugh! I hope this finally knocks it out! shadowboxing

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 14-01-2016 02:55 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Good luck, EW! They'd better take good care if you -- or we will send the Condor!

No new posts 14-01-2016 11:06 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: