Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Hola everyone!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hola everyone!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Adriana,

Thanks for all your great answers!

quote:
Originally posted by adrianag
Hola!

Wow! I'm amazed with so many responses! Thank you all!!,

So, I guess I need to explain a little bit more about how BOTP was in the Latin American countries. Contrary of what you may think, we have our own translation very different from the one in Spain. The dubbing was made in Mexico but sadly it was completely lost. When I tried to get it in the internet couldn't get hold of anything. The closest was G-Force (with the horrible background music). This one was also dubbed in my country but somehow I was not interested at all.

The other Jason, I would love to see your cels!!! I will keep looking in hoping to get some really nice ones! But it seems I only can get from Ken......wonder why!

Well, I think I spoke too much. Here is past 11pm and time to rest. Nice to meet you all and I hope we can share our experiences about the series. Also, I'm waiting for the original DVDs Gatchaman II from Japan and Gatchaman F from Taiwan in Japanese and Chinese. Hopefully I can catch up with you as I haven't watch the third series yet.

Have a nice day wherever you are!

Hugs
Adriana

I have only seen clips of the opening credit narration from the Mexican version of Battle. I would love to see more, but as you say, it seems to be lost. That's why I asked, I hoped maybe you remembered some details. Heh

The only Spanish version Sandy Frank offered back in the early 2000s for home video release was the European one.

I'm afraid I don't have most of my cels scanned or photographed. I should probably do that.

Thank for sharing everything, I'll hope to talk with you again soon.

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 06-08-2015 at 05:08.
No new posts 06-08-2015 05:05 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hola The other Jason,

Nothing to thank, it's me that have to thank you for your comment.

I'm really surprised that you actually have seen the Intel for the LA. For sure its the one posted in YouTube and sadly, that's the only clip that remains from the series.

Recently, I acquired the DVD from the Spanish release in Spain. Sadly only 26 of the original 85 episodes exist. The rest were lost and besides the first one, the rest are random episodes with no logical sequence. I'm not so happy with the voices (and accent) but that's the close I can get of my childhood memories. By the way, do you speak Spanish? Looks that you know a lot about the versions in my language.

Fortunately, I have good memory so I'm able to share with you some datails that have been part of my memories since I watched from the first time in 1980.

One important detail it's that in the English version the characters say "Bird Go" while in the translation in Spain they shout "Mutación" (mutation), in Mexico was used the term "Transmutación" (transmutation), that I like better.

Another interesting part that remember and that later I got to watch again in the original English version (with Zark-7) that also bought, was the part in which Jason and Mark fight in the alley. I clearly remember that they argued because Jason told him that he was tired to be number two and that Princess was interested only in the Eagle. Mark answered him that it was not true and to prove it, he will allowed him to take command in the next mission. Obviously, he didn't mention anything further about the girl, but later in that episode it was clear she was crazy about Mark and Jason with defeat, proved that once more.
In the English version only the part of the chain of command is mention but as we know, the real cause was Jason's illness and his stubbornness to be helped by others.

On the other hand, it's very recent that I started to collect original cels from the series. The ones I got are mainly from Gatchaman II. Please, whenever you can, share with us photos or scans......would be great to see them! I will do so once I get all my stuff that it's presently in Japan. I hope to ship them by the end of the month.

Well, I guess that's all for now. Thank you for sharing and I hope to chat with you soon......take care wherever you are. From my side of the world......ciao!!!

No new posts 07-08-2015 02:15 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Very interesting! Hopefully some crazy fan somewhere has very old recordings that will surface. I would definitely be heartbroken if I couldn't watch the original version again (even if watching BOTP makes me twitch on occasion from its silliness, I prefer Gatchaman these days!)

No new posts 07-08-2015 03:16 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi Adriana,

quote:
I'm really surprised that you actually have seen the Intel for the LA. For sure its the one posted in YouTube and sadly, that's the only clip that remains from the series.

Recently, I acquired the DVD from the Spanish release in Spain. Sadly only 26 of the original 85 episodes exist. The rest were lost and besides the first one, the rest are random episodes with no logical sequence. I'm not so happy with the voices (and accent) but that's the close I can get of my childhood memories. By the way, do you speak Spanish? Looks that you know a lot about the versions in my language.

One important detail it's that in the English version the characters say "Bird Go" while in the translation in Spain they shout "Mutación" (mutation), in Mexico was used the term "Transmutación" (transmutation), that I like better.

Another interesting part that remember and that later I got to watch again in the original English version (with Zark-7) that also bought, was the part in which Jason and Mark fight in the alley.

On the other hand, it's very recent that I started to collect original cels from the series. The ones I got are mainly from Gatchaman II. Please, whenever you can, share with us photos or scans......would be great to see them!

Well, I guess that's all for now. Thank you for sharing and I hope to chat with you soon......take care wherever you are. From my side of the world......ciao!!!

Yes, I think the credit sequence I saw was on YouTube or an equivalent. I remember reading excited comments from viewers about being able to see that intro again. Thanks for the insight about “Transmutación.” That’s just the thing that’s fun to hear!

I worked with Sandy Frank for a number of years, so that’s why I’m a bit more familiar with some of the foreign language versions of Battle. As you said, there were only 26 episodes included on those Spanish DVDs. At the time those were the only audio tracks Sandy Frank had available to license. More turned up in his vaults in later years but I don’t know if they were Castilian or Latin American Spanish.

You may feel the same way about the Castilian Spanish version of Battle as I did about seeing G-Force: Guardians of Space for the first time. Interesting... but not what I grew up with.

I’m just going off old memories, but I think there were only 59 episodes translated in Spain. They didn’t do the whole series. The entire 85 episode run was sold throughout Latin America, but I don’t know how many were actually done, nor again, how many of that version may still exist in vaults.

I don’t speak much Spanish but I know enough to get into trouble - which is my standard answer about many other languages, ha ha! I’ve been slowly translating Spanish Battle comics (and other languages) into English, but those are written simply and I’m familiar with the material - so they’re not much of a challenge.

So many of the ideas from Gatchaman were changed, like you noticed in the alley fight. But we’re lucky that enough of the original content came through to catch our attentions and desires to learn more about the series. It's why many of us are here!

The Other Jason

No new posts 07-08-2015 06:43 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hola ChrisW,

I hope so! Like you said, it would be so nice to watch them again. I still remember that the voices were so nice.......but somehow, I guess with time we are the ones who changed and Gatchaman is now more suitable than BOTP.

Zark was cute when we were children, but now I do prefer the original series anytime!

Thanks a lot for keeping in touch! Smile

No new posts 08-08-2015 13:20 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

The other Jason,

Wow!!! You were part of the magic then! I guessed must had been awesome to come across those voice recordings! I really hope that one day I can at least watch one original episode with the Mexican voices.

ahhhhhhh.....maybe one day those treasures will cope up and the see the light!

You are absolutely right, there were only 59 episodes from which only 26 made it into the DVD. If you are keen in having them, let me know and I can try to upload them for you.....but to be homes, I wouldn't know how to do it not compromising the video quality.

So, you can speak a little bit of Spanish.......no? Muy bien Señor! Please, if you need help to translate any of those comics, let me know. I can give you a hand on that. Wink

Yesterday I got my DVD from Gatchaman F.......I purchased in eBay from Taiwan and no subtitles. So like those little kids who doesn't understand anything, let's start watching and try to figure out what on earth they are saying. I got only the first 7 with subtitles so time to watch and imagine the rest!

Thanks a lot for your insight. Nice chatting with you! Have a great day......ciao!

Animetongue Animetongue

No new posts 08-08-2015 13:30 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi Adriana,

quote:
The other Jason,

Wow!!! You were part of the magic then! I really hope that one day I can at least watch one original episode with the Mexican voices.

You are absolutely right, there were only 59 episodes from which only 26 made it into the DVD. If you are keen in having them, let me know and I can try to upload them for you....

So, you can speak a little bit of Spanish.......no? Muy bien Señor! Please, if you need help to translate any of those comics, let me know. I can give you a hand on that. Wink

Yesterday I got my DVD from Gatchaman F...... So like those little kids who doesn't understand anything, let's start watching and try to figure out what on earth they are saying. I got only the first 7 with subtitles so time to watch and imagine the rest!

Thanks a lot for your insight. Nice chatting with you! Have a great day......ciao!

Animetongue Animetongue

I'd like to see full episodes of the other Spanish version as well. You never know, they may be released some day.

Thanks for the offer to upload episodes, but I have copies of everything that's been released commercially. Some of our other fans may enjoy seeing them in Spanish though! Smile

I might take you up on some help with the Spanish comics. So far I think I've done a decent job on things, but it can't hurt to pass things by a native speaker. When I start on the next one, I'll try to let you know.

Enjoy Gatchaman F! Although it isn't my favorite of the three series, it does include a couple of my all-time favorite episodes.

The Other Jason

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 12-08-2015 at 07:20.
No new posts 12-08-2015 06:48 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hola The Other Jason,

No hay problema! You can send the translations to me and I can have a look. Even though I haven't written anything for Gatchaman or BOTP, have the experience writing for some other animes like Candy Candy and Inuyasha in Spanish. So definitely, I can help you with that

cheeleader3

I checked the DVD from Taiwan and to my disappointment, it's in Chinese! Well, I guess I can't be demanding as those DVD are extremely expensive in Japan. For you to have an idea how much they cost, it's 1500 USD for Gatchaman F. Elfeek2
Let me know which ones are those episodes that you like, so we can talk about it when I watch them

On the other hand, I really hope one day someone uploads the episodes in the LA Spanish.....ahhhh....would be great! I remember that the voices were great, especially Mark and Jason. To be honest, I heated the one given to Jason in English during the 80's, doesn't sound like him at all. Mark's one was ok but sadly, Jason sounded a bit awkward. (My personal opinion).

Have a great day and like you said, nice chatting with you. Let me know about those comics......ok?

Ciao ciao

Smile

PD please forgive me for some typo errors, I'm responding from my iPad and the little one writes whatever it wants!!! Grrrrr...... Newbie2 Sun Sun Sun

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by adrianag on 12-08-2015 at 15:26.
No new posts 12-08-2015 15:23 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I think sometimes it's hard to accept another voice when we get used to the first one. Getting used to Gatchaman's Joe took a bit after BOTP's Jason! Talk about a difference in voices!

No new posts 12-08-2015 21:42 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I'm late to the party!

Hi Adriana!

I grew up with BotP and found Gatchaman in 2001.

No new posts 12-08-2015 22:49 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
I think sometimes it's hard to accept another voice when we get used to the first one. Getting used to Gatchaman's Joe took a bit after BOTP's Jason! Talk about a difference in voices!

Hola ChrisW!

I totally agree!!!! Imagine how it was for me. Firstly I grew up listening a nice, varonile voice. Then many years later, have to adapt to the Castillian voice from Spain.......when I got the original BOTP, have to adapt agian to the English version from the 80's (my least favorite). Later when I got Gatchaman in English again, another voice (this is the one I like the most after the Mexican one). Finally, now that I'm watching Gatchaman II, again try to adapt to the original japane voice...... Flyer

Guess that's the weirdest part, get used to each and everyone one of them jeje
Daisy1

Which one is your favorite for Joe?

No new posts 13-08-2015 02:36 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
I'm late to the party!

Hi Adriana!

I grew up with BotP and found Gatchaman in 2001.

Hola Becky Rock!

How are you? I'm glad to hear from you and no, you are not late Cool

I see that you like Joe as well, in this case, which is your favorite voice for him?
Also, which one do you prefer, BOTP or Gatchaman?

Please share with us your point of view. Have a great day wherever you are Thumbsup

No new posts 13-08-2015 02:39 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I will admit that I'm an Eagle girl but the Condor comes a close second. Smile

I've come to like Joe's really deep voice in Gatchaman. Jason's in BOTP doesn't sound odd to me because I grew up with it, but when swapping back and forth he does sound like Joe on helium! When I had a friend who didn't know the show watch a bit so she would understand when she read my fanfics why I referred to Joe's voice the way I did, she went, "OMG, he sounds like a 50 year old chain smoker!" LOL.

No new posts 13-08-2015 04:56 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
I will admit that I'm an Eagle girl but the Condor comes a close second. Smile

I've come to like Joe's really deep voice in Gatchaman. Jason's in BOTP doesn't sound odd to me because I grew up with it, but when swapping back and forth he does sound like Joe on helium! When I had a friend who didn't know the show watch a bit so she would understand when she read my fanfics why I referred to Joe's voice the way I did, she went, "OMG, he sounds like a 50 year old chain smoker!" LOL.
y

Hola ChrisW'

I totally overlooked that you are an Eagle girl! We were talking about Joe's voice and I didn't realized jeje

Of course his voice in Japanese is impressive, but the actor who did the one in English for the las test Gatchaman series was not bad at all. Sorry to say this but I totally agree with your friend! Maybe it's because I am so used to the nice, young varonile voices that the guy in the 80's sounds like grandpa jeje
Smoke3

So, you have written some fics.....please let me know which ones to read them. This is how I got to know this page because I was reading Transmutejun and we started to get in touch.

Do you have one dedicated to my lovely Joe? Wink2

Please let me know!

Have a great day....I'm finishing mine now......

No new posts 13-08-2015 12:33 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

You can find my stories here:

Chris White on Gatchfanfic

I should warn you that many (but not all) of my stories involve Ken and Joe getting together or at least there being some interest between them. Because of that, though, Joe is featured in many of them along with Ken. (I tend to do multiple points of view.) It's really up to you what your comfort level is with guy/guy material. Smile

No new posts 13-08-2015 20:44 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

...In fact, you'll find that many of the members of this board have stories there. (I found out about this site from that site -- just the opposite of everybody else!)

Anyway, I hope you'll be able to sample many writers' works -- there are a lot of stories I'm sure you'll enjoy!

No new posts 13-08-2015 21:03 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
You can find my stories here:

Chris White on Gatchfanfic

I should warn you that many (but not all) of my stories involve Ken and Joe getting together or at least there being some interest between them. Because of that, though, Joe is featured in many of them along with Ken. (I tend to do multiple points of view.) It's really up to you what your comfort level is with guy/guy material. Smile

Hola ChrisW!

In that case, could you please recommend me your fics in which Joe/Jason have a happy ending with Jun/Princess? I don't mind reading Ken/Mark as well. As for both of them together......hmmmm.....I think I pass. Thank you for letting me know!

By the way, do you have them in fanfiction?

Condor

No new posts 14-08-2015 03:50 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricWhite
...In fact, you'll find that many of the members of this board have stories there. (I found out about this site from that site -- just the opposite of everybody else!)

Anyway, I hope you'll be able to sample many writers' works -- there are a lot of stories I'm sure you'll enjoy!

Hola ElectricWhite!

Thank you for the advice. I'm looking forward to read some of them as lately I'm spending my nights reading the ones from TJ. Some of them are awesome!

Which ones are your favorite? Maybe you can advice me as there are so many Smile

No new posts 14-08-2015 03:54 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
In that case, could you please recommend me your fics in which Joe/Jason have a happy ending with Jun/Princess? I don't mind reading Ken/Mark as well. As for both of them together......hmmmm.....I think I pass. Thank you for letting me know!

By the way, do you have them in fanfiction?

Condor

You know, I don't write much happily ever after at all. Smile My non Eagle/Condor stories are:

A World Without Me - Jinpei story featuring a dream of his.

And Then They Were Five - BOTP reboot bringing the team together as children. Main char is Mark.

BOTP Episode Rewrite: Decoys of Doom - Making fun of that particular BOTP episode, which is particularly stupid.

The Hangover - The Hangover movie parody written by TJ and I with BOTP. Mark is the missing groom and Jason is the panicked best man. Jason does get a happily ever after but not with Princess.

Masterpiece - A very brief Ken/Jun songfic. Closest I get to a happily ever after story.

Memorial - A tragic fic that would have been Ken/Jun if things hadn't gone horribly wrong.

There's also Mission of Mercy, Phone Prank, and What it Seems. I try to tag everything carefully so that people know whether there's m/m content or not.

I don't really like fanfiction.net so I don't tend to post there. My alternate place to post stories is ArchiveOfOurOwn. The closest I've gotten to an idea with the Condor and Swan together would have been a threesome with the Condor, Eagle, and Swan. Smile

No new posts 14-08-2015 04:17 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

You might like this one of mine, a short Ken/Jun fic I did a while ago.

Love on the God Phoenix

No new posts 14-08-2015 04:37 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: