Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Chris and the medical mystery tour
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Chris and the medical mystery tour
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oops, my bad.

So maybe your results produced some winning lottery numbers and the doc wants to give you your cut! Headbanger1

No new posts 23-07-2015 21:41 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That must be it. Wink

No new posts 23-07-2015 21:54 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

(Copied and pasted from what I told my mom ...)

So that wasn’t as dramatic as I feared. My eGFR has dropped from 59 in January (low end of okay) to 41 (worrisome if it stayed there 3 months or more), and he was wondering what the cut-off value is for the MRI. He wants me to call them and let them know, and said that they might ask me to show up an hour early to get IV fluids before doing the dye. My regular doctor is out of town for the week but he has a permanent stand-in so that’s who I was dealing with, and this guy is thorough and listens well. He reviewed my medications to see what might be responsible and decided since my blood pressure has been really good to take me off of that med. I’m supposed to watch it and make sure the high number doesn’t go over 130. If it does, I go back on the medication. He said that I should see a difference within a week, so if they postpone the MRI and want me to redo the labs, he went again and gave me a lab requisition for that so I wouldn’t have to come back to him.

Being diabetic, being called in to discuss kidney function is always unnerving ...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 24-07-2015 at 01:58.
No new posts 24-07-2015 01:57 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
mylari mylari is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2014

spacer

glad it wasn't something scary, Chris!

Find me on the web at Mylari's Anime Website

No new posts 24-07-2015 02:00 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Okay, they weren't winning lottery numbers -- it was just something better than you expected! dance Works for me!

No new posts 24-07-2015 05:09 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I actually got a pat on the back and a congratulations for my blood pressure being so good. Smile And I'm glad to get rid of a medication, I'll just have to continue my habit of always checking my blood pressure at the same pharmacy at the same machine, so I can watch out for it getting too high and go back on the med if needed.

No new posts 24-07-2015 05:18 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I had my follow-up appointment with the gynecologist today, and we went over my MRI. It turns out that there's nothing on my ovary! I have 3 fibroids, ranging in size from 2 to 6.4 cm. I'm pretty sure that the angle they saw the biggest one on the ultrasound made it LOOK like it was on my right ovary. I have some other things going on down there, too, and a bonus cyst near my urethra of all things (but not attached to it or interfering), but all in all it's not so bad.

If I was thinner they'd recommend a hysterectomy. I pointed out that when you've been really anemic and low on hemoglobin for a long time, weight management gets rather difficult. Tongue However, I'm pretty happy with the solution we decided on:

Uterine Fibroid Embolization

This is a non-surgical solution! They make a little slit and go in through your femoral artery, then do stuff that cuts off the blood flow to the fibroids, which will shrink them and soften them, both of which reduces symptoms. I'll probably spend the night in the hospital for pain management and as a precaution to make sure that there's no bleeding complications from going through an artery. The maximum recovery time I'm seeing is a week but my gynecologist said that generally it's 2-3 days.

I'm pretty happy with this! It's supposed to have a good success rate and if it doesn't do great things it's still a pretty minor procedure to deal with. Exciting stuff. Smile

No new posts 20-08-2015 05:13 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Animeclap Sounds awesome! The light at the end of the tunnel isn't an oncoming train! Yay! Animeclap

No new posts 20-08-2015 22:23 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

Glad to hear you've been getting good news, Chris! That's awesome!

No new posts 20-08-2015 23:28 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
mylari mylari is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2014

spacer

glad it looks like a relatively minor procedure will be the best solution! Smile

Find me on the web at Mylari's Anime Website

No new posts 21-08-2015 00:31 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

That's great Chris! Hopefully the procedure will take care of the problem.

No new posts 21-08-2015 00:35 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
« previous  1  2  [3]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: