Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Checking In
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Checking In
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
CyberShadow CyberShadow is a Male
Just popping in

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-05-2015

spacer
Shocked Checking In Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi guys. Just thought that I should throw up an introduction thread....

I have always been a fan of Gatchaman, after growing up with Battle of the Planets on TV and a few of the toys as a kid, and following it back to the original series later in life. I am a massive Transformers and Macross collector, but never really got into the merchandise of Gatchaman. I always wanted to, but never knew where to start.

Then.... The Sentinel Ken figure went up for pre-order, and that was the last straw. So, thats now on pre-order, and I am looking forward to the next one.

Hopefully this is just a start of a new collection for me.

No new posts 09-05-2015 07:09 CyberShadow is offline Send an Email to CyberShadow Search for Posts by CyberShadow Add CyberShadow to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Welcome, CyberShadow! I hope you enjoy your time spent with us -- always a good place to be!

welcome

No new posts 09-05-2015 08:36 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi there, and welcome. Animehello

we're always happy to see new member join in, so don't be shy, and feel free to contribute to any of the threads.

No new posts 09-05-2015 11:08 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
msannomalley msannomalley is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-05-2014

spacer

Hello and welcome! Wave3

My husband is a huge Transformers fan & collector, too. Smile

No new posts 09-05-2015 11:45 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Welcome. Smile I'm a Gatch collector so I'm happy to answer questions. I get most of my stuff from eBay or from Yahoo Japan Auctions through a third party proxy like Celga.com since most of those won't ship to the west.

No new posts 09-05-2015 14:14 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Nice to see you here, CyberShadow! I agree, those Sentinel figures are very nice! I hope you've seen the toy/merchandise forum we have here.

No new posts 09-05-2015 16:17 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
mylari mylari is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2014

spacer

Hi Cybershadow - welcome to the forum. I don't collect, but I love seeing pics of what everyone else has Smile

Find me on the web at Mylari's Anime Website

No new posts 09-05-2015 22:05 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
Just popping in

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Wow. Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

I have wanted one of the Fewture Phoenix pieces for a long time, but the price is prohibitive and they are not going to get any cheaper now.... so I might need to wait for a rerelease for that. When the Sentinel figures popped up it seemed like too good an opportunity to miss, and I really hope that the entire team gets done in the same scale. It would make an awesome display.

I think right now, I will focus on those, as I dont want to go crazy on buying stuff, but I always loved the vehicles as a kid! It seems like there isnt a whole lot of Gatchaman merchandise out there (especially compared to Transformers!) but I am happy to take it slow and grab anything that looks too cool to pass up.

In the meantime, I should go and watch the original cartoon, I guess!

No new posts 10-05-2015 01:15 CyberShadow is offline Send an Email to CyberShadow Search for Posts by CyberShadow Add CyberShadow to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

They're doing just Ken and Joe. This is a Tatsunoko series and so far Gatch is the only show where they're doing more than one figure so I'm trying to count myself lucky.

There's a TON of Gatchaman stuff (not that I'm trying to talk you into collecting a bunch of it Smile ). You really can't understand the scale unless you look on the Japanese auction sites. It helps to have the kanji for Gatchaman, I keep it in a file:

ガッチャマン

There was a lot more made in Japan (and Korea, and ...) than was made in the US. There was also stuff made for France, etc. You can see my collection here, I started with just figures and have been trying to branch out for variety:

http://s1241.photobucket.com/user/cwwrit...n?sort=3&page=1

You can also find more on eBay and whatnot if you search on "Battle of the Planets," since there were things released for that as well, though not so much in the US until 1996 when they brought out the comics and figures.

No new posts 10-05-2015 01:23 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

Hi, CyberShadow! I'm afraid I'm not much of a collector myself (I have Chronic Empty Wallet Syndrome), but I hope you participate in the forums!

No new posts 10-05-2015 04:16 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Welcome CyberShadow!

No new posts 10-05-2015 17:19 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Welcome to the boards!

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 11-05-2015 17:01 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Welcome Cybershadow! It's great to have you with us! cheerleader2

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 12-05-2015 03:07 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Just popping in

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks again guys... I am still finding my way around this place....

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
They're doing just Ken and Joe. This is a Tatsunoko series and so far Gatch is the only show where they're doing more than one figure so I'm trying to count myself lucky.

There's a TON of Gatchaman stuff (not that I'm trying to talk you into collecting a bunch of it Smile ). You really can't understand the scale unless you look on the Japanese auction sites. It helps to have the kanji for Gatchaman, I keep it in a file:

ガッチャマン

There was a lot more made in Japan (and Korea, and ...) than was made in the US. There was also stuff made for France, etc. You can see my collection here, I started with just figures and have been trying to branch out for variety:

http://s1241.photobucket.com/user/cwwrit...n?sort=3&page=1

You can also find more on eBay and whatnot if you search on "Battle of the Planets," since there were things released for that as well, though not so much in the US until 1996 when they brought out the comics and figures.

Woah. Awesome collection.

I will keep all that in mind, thanks. I guess that I am really looking at the high end stuff. I dont want a massive collection of stuff as I just dont have the space these days, but sa couple of really nice pieces would be fantastic..... I can kind of see myself getting more and more into this, though.... which is a little scary! sweating2

No new posts 12-05-2015 07:14 CyberShadow is offline Send an Email to CyberShadow Search for Posts by CyberShadow Add CyberShadow to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yeah I've been strict with myself as far as I only collect Gatch stuff, so I have a bit more freedom there. Some of the nicest/most expensive pieces are the various diecast ships. The Ken and Joe 12" dolls in the black boxes are also nicer pieces (and their clothes fit better than the ones in the blue boxes, whose dolls were changed to a different form factor but the manufacturer didn't bother to adjust their suits to match, they're referred to as the "baggy pants" boys. Tongue

I'm sure Tatsunokofan would have some other suggestions as well. Smile

No new posts 12-05-2015 16:06 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
E.D. Darling E.D. Darling is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2014

spacer

Hi cybershadow! Welcome! I loved macross! What a great series! We look forward to seeing you around!

No new posts 31-05-2015 02:56 E.D. Darling is offline Send an Email to E.D. Darling Search for Posts by E.D. Darling Add E.D. Darling to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

Hi CyberShadow! Welcome to the madness!

Chris, do you know if there are other Gatchaman stamps besides the two Japanese amine panels? I collect space-themed stamps. I should really get my Gatch stamps framed & hung up somewhere. Smile

No new posts 22-06-2015 00:07 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I got my stamps framed and they look amazing! You can see them here.

There are only the 2 sheets of stamps. However, there are also official postcards with official postmarks that were only available on the day of release. I don't have all of them but I have 2 different postcards with the same postmark:

I thought I knew more about the postcards but all I can find is the notes I made at the bottom of where I uploaded the pics of the postcards:

On March 23, 2004 two pages of Gatchaman stamps were released in Japan: http://colnect.com/en/stamps/list/countr...ation_Series_IV. On the same day, there were 2 special postmark cancellation stamps, 1 for use by hand and another for use by machine. Both of these postcards together include all 8 of the stamps and the by-hand cancellation stamp.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 22-06-2015 at 03:00.
No new posts 22-06-2015 02:56 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: