Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » Tatsunoko Hero Fighting Gear Figures
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Tatsunoko Hero Fighting Gear Figures
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It's such a shame that they didn't fix the paint issues, but the figure looks nice! It would make a great night light...LOL!
Thanks for all of the great details, Jason!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 24-09-2015 04:12 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by The Other Jason
Hi all,

I just received my “Tatsunoko Heros Fighting Gear - Gatchaman G-1” figure by Sentinel and thought I’d post a review.

Hola The other Jason,

I purchased mine already and I'm waiting for it!

Thank you so much for the review and mainly, for the problems you are encountering. I will be extra careful at the moment of removing the plastic that you mention.

When I first looked at them, I just wanted to get Joe but I thought would be really cool to have both. The facial expressions are the best feature in this collection, don't you think?

Smile

PS By the way, I love your book collection! Sooooo nice! Daisy1

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by adrianag on 24-09-2015 at 04:54.
No new posts 24-09-2015 04:51 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer

Hi all,

quote:
Originally posted by adrianag
quote:
Hi all,

I just received my “Tatsunoko Heros Fighting Gear - Gatchaman G-1” figure by Sentinel and thought I’d post a review.

I purchased mine already and I'm waiting for it!

Thank you so much for the review and mainly, for the problems you are encountering. I will be extra careful at the moment of removing the plastic that you mention.

When I first looked at them, I just wanted to get Joe but I thought would be really cool to have both. The facial expressions are the best feature in this collection, don't you think?

Smile

I forgot to mention, but there are some sharp, pointy bits on the figure, so watch your fingers if you try to pop pieces on and off.

I do like the looks of their faces, yes. I didn't take a good picture of the G-1 face though. From what I've seen of the G-2, he seems to have the right attitude.

quote:

Thanks! I'll take pictures of the other shelves if you want. That's only a small portion of my books. They're my big love so I go out of my way to get as many as I can find and afford.

Best,

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 24-09-2015 at 05:22.
No new posts 24-09-2015 05:20 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Oops, posted it in the wrong thread ...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 24-09-2015 at 05:37.
No new posts 24-09-2015 05:29 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

I forgot to mention, but there are some sharp, pointy bits on the figure, so watch your fingers if you try to pop pieces on and off.

I do like the looks of their faces, yes. I didn't take a good picture of the G-1 face though. From what I've seen of the G-2, he seems to have the right attitude.

quote:

Thanks! I'll take pictures of the other shelves if you want. That's only a small portion of my books. They're my big love so I go out of my way to get as many as I can find and afford.

Hola Jason....the other,

I will take in count what you are saying but knowing me, I will play with the figure for a while before placing it back to the box.

Please share the face, as I mention it's the best feature! For sure the rest would love to see them!

Also, please please share your books. I'm collecting them now and I love the ones I have......even though mine are second hand they looked brand new. I always wander if Japanese read their books with gloves? Hmmmm

Hat

No new posts 24-09-2015 05:35 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Since Jason's posted a bunch of pics already I'll post a link to all of mine, and the pictures I took of his face as well.

Here's all of my pics of my new Ken.

Here's my better pic of his face:

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 24-09-2015 at 20:24.
No new posts 24-09-2015 05:39 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all,

Thanks ChrisW! I really should have taken pictures of the box and the figure's face. But now I don't have to worry. Smile

Best,

The Other Jason

No new posts 24-09-2015 05:54 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

As for commentary, I haven't had the guts to take off his helmet yet. I'm not sure it's possible. (I'm always afraid of breaking things since I can be a bit of a bull in a china shop.) When I was posing one of his arms I managed to tear it off at the shoulder. That gave me a fright. Smile Managed to get it back on. Haven't had issues with the waist coming apart but I was trying my best to be careful.

This is my first figure of this kind so I don't have any comparisons against other articulated figures. I do love the detail in his face. The blue eyes and the little lock of hair are great. I don't notice any paint damage on mine as yet. It may not be as noticeable in white, might be more noticeable on Joe.

I'm half tempted to paint the underside of his cape red and his wrist joints blue but that seems like just asking for trouble. Smile (I gave in and got a MIB one too so I have a pristine one, so that makes me a little more willing to play.)

No new posts 24-09-2015 05:56 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Thanks ChrisW! I really should have taken pictures of the box and the figure's face. But now I don't have to worry. Smile

Best,

The Other Jason

I try to be thorough. Smile It'll be fun to see how everyone poses theirs! I tried for an action pose.

No new posts 24-09-2015 05:59 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Thanks for the thorough review, Jason, and for the pictures, Jason and Chris! It's great to see the figure in such detail. I'm not sure this is something I will be getting, but if I do, I'll know to never take it out of the box! I have plenty of broken Diamond Select BOTP action figures to attest to the fact that toys don't often make it out intact in my house. Wink

Jason, I can see what you mean about the joints. That would bother me too. It's not just the little screw holes, but it looks like Ken's ankles and wrists are white, instead of blue!

I appreciate the chance to examine the figures closely. Thanks again!

No new posts 24-09-2015 12:57 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hola!

Thank you so much Chris and Jason for the photos.....can't wait for mine and as TJ mention, most probably mine will be eternally in its box as I'm not very keen in displaying unless is in a proper case like in Chris photos.

I love Joe's face and I think Ken's reflects much of his features too!

Animejoy

No new posts 24-09-2015 13:20 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm a little insane and after intending only to get 1 of each, I ended up ordering 2 of each, so I could take one out and leave the other pristine. It's rare I get a chance to get something when it originally comes out so I ended up deciding to enjoy that. Better spent on that than on drugs or something, right?

Right??? Smile

Eagle Eagle

No new posts 24-09-2015 20:26 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

This is purely an educated guess, but I'm betting the joint thing was a cheapness decision. They could use the already cast white joints that match any of the figures, or they could cast new joints in blue that will only match the Ken figure for a higher cost (fewer to cast at once) and with perhaps some waste if they don't use all of them, or shortage if they don't cast enough. If paint comes off other parts of the figure body then I suspect that paint wouldn't last long at all on the joints.

Kind of reminds me of the blue boxed 12" Mark and Jason where the company had changed the doll body model but didn't change their suits accordingly, so they've got baggy suits. *sigh*

No new posts 24-09-2015 20:30 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
I'm a little insane and after intending only to get 1 of each, I ended up ordering 2 of each, so I could take one out and leave the other pristine. It's rare I get a chance to get something when it originally comes out so I ended up deciding to enjoy that. Better spent on that than on drugs or something, right?

Right??? Smile

Eagle Eagle

I guess it depends on what your "something" is, Chris! Tongue

No new posts 25-09-2015 00:08 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

With me the other something would probably involve a lot of sugar, which is bad, since I'm diabetic. Tongue

No new posts 25-09-2015 00:29 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Kritter Kritter is a Female
Forum Legend

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-05-2014

spacer

Sigh, now i'm thinking i should have gotten them as well.

CW-i know people addicted to cigarrettes who spend thousands of dollars on something that is killing them in comparision to that spending a couple hundred on something you enjoy that hurts no one is a bargain.--- getting off soap box and stopping thread hijack now!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kritter on 25-09-2015 at 12:55.
No new posts 25-09-2015 02:50 Kritter is offline Send an Email to Kritter Search for Posts by Kritter Add Kritter to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hobby Link Japan seems to have extras in stock:

The Eagle at HLJ

No new posts 25-09-2015 04:28 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all,

I have a small update to my earlier review. Unfortunately it's not good. I decided to try to pose my G-1 figure a little more and simply moving it around scraped off more paint on the back side of the torso and on the upper edge of the waist piece in the same area. I've noticed the torso sits at a slight diagonal angle, when viewed from the front, that I can't straighten up. It was while trying to straighten it that the additional paint scratching happened. I'm very careful with the things I own; I didn't do anything out of the ordinary like forcing it or jamming pieces together or anything like that.

If that wasn't enough, I found out the knee pads/armor/whatever aren't meant to come off. Oh, they'll break off just fine, but they're not meant to be removed. I snagged my sleeve on one of them as I was posing it and *snap!* off it popped. Thankfully it's the type of plastic that works with instant/super glue.

Nedless to say, the continued paint problem has kind of soured me on the figure. So much so that I've done something I almost never do as a collector (and especially a Battle/Gatchaman collector) and cancelled my order for the G-2.

Yes, the belt still covers the damage, but that's not the point for me. I've gotten two figures with what I consider to be a manufacturing problem and I don't think I want to spend upward of $90 getting the G-2 with this much potential for the same issue.

So, strike two - there won't be a strike three for me.

If any of you got the G-1, I'm curious to hear if you have any problems. I saw CW say her paint was okay and I hope it stays that way!

Best,

The Other Jason

No new posts 02-10-2015 07:38 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

Jason, I did get the G1, but I didn't remove him from the box, so unfortunately I can't comment on the paint issue.

What a shame about the figures though--really disappointing. Didn't you say you contacted the manufacturer when you had the issue with the Hurricane Figure? I'd write to them again, telling them you had the same issue with the G1 figure and that you cancelled your other order. In all honesty they probably won't care, but at least you let them know you weren't satisfied with their product.

No new posts 02-10-2015 11:28 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hola!

I got my G1 already and after reading about all the problems you all got with it, I decided to leave it in the box.

Definitely I will do the same when Joe arrives.

Funny, when I bought it, I thought it would be really nice because of today's technology but looking at all the setbacks, it seems that quality and good design is not longer there. Recently, I got Gatchaman figure for the 50th anniversary (not sure which one) and it was a very nice big one with amazing details.

Well, modern times not necessarily mean best quality!

Elfrolleyes1

No new posts 02-10-2015 13:28 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
« previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: