Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Hi there!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hi there!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
taramor taramor is a Female
Just popping in

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-11-2014

spacer
Hi there! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

hi everyone! I'm new to the Gatchaman and BotP fan sites, and am very excited to be here. I have fond memories of racing home from school to watch BotP as a kid, and I used to get SO upset when it was pre-empted. I mean, I didn't care at age 10, in Canada, that Reagan got shot! I wanted my shows!!!

I have ideas in my head for fanfics, but real life is likely going to prevent my being more than an appreciative enjoyer of the hard work of others. Between kids and a medical practice, I just don't have the time to do more than read.

I'm having trouble downloading and unzipping the fics from this site...is it just that I'm using a Mac?

No new posts 12-11-2014 01:57 taramor is offline Send an Email to taramor Search for Posts by taramor Add taramor to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Welcome! Feel free to join in whenever you can -- we all have to deal with real life in one form or another, so we understand if you can't participate as much as you'd like! (It's a state we're all in, really.)

I'm sorry to say that I'm not the technical expert here, but I'm sure someone here can help you out with the difficulty you've run into. Wink

No new posts 12-11-2014 03:08 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
E.D. Darling E.D. Darling is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2014

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Taramor! Welcome! I don't think its a Mac problem, I have one and don't have any prob, other than it being infernally slow to load, most of the fics here are also on gatchfanfic.com!

Enjoy!

No new posts 12-11-2014 03:10 E.D. Darling is offline Send an Email to E.D. Darling Search for Posts by E.D. Darling Add E.D. Darling to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

welcome taramor! Glad you've found us and we hope you'll feel " at home" here! I'm not sure why you aren't able to unzip the files here, and I'm not familiar with a Mac, but Like E.D. said, most of the fics are posted at the Gatchaman Fanfic Archives. Good to have you here!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 12-11-2014 at 03:47.
No new posts 12-11-2014 03:43 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Welcome!!! Just having more people around who hang out, participate in chat, and comment is awesome. If you get time to write some fic then even better but no one's going to hold it against you if you don't. Smile

Let me add to the recommendation that you get the fics at gatchfanfic.com instead ... that's the main fic site.

(Btw, I'm in BC, welcome fellow Canadian!)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 12-11-2014 at 03:54.
No new posts 12-11-2014 03:52 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Hi tatamor, Good to see you here.

We're always happy to meet new members, and I hope you'll have lots of fun participating when you can.

No new posts 12-11-2014 07:41 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

Welcome to the forum! Hope that you enjoy your time here! Smile

No new posts 12-11-2014 12:28 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

It could be the file extension is missing (this sometimes happens) for the zip file. Please check the file ends in .zip

Other than that they should work Smile

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 12-11-2014 12:30 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Kritter Kritter is a Female
Forum Legend

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-05-2014

spacer

Welcome to the group. The people here are great just jump in when you can. It's all good. I'm on a Mac too and has the same problem with unzipping the files. I was able to find just about all of them on the gatchaman fic site.

No new posts 12-11-2014 15:22 Kritter is offline Send an Email to Kritter Search for Posts by Kritter Add Kritter to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Hi Taramor. Welcome to the group.

You do all realize once we send her over to Gatchfanfic, we won't see her again for months. Enjoy, Taramor!

No new posts 13-11-2014 02:25 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Actually, I'm a mac user and I've never been able to open the zip files either. I thought it was just me. Guess not!

No new posts 13-11-2014 03:35 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Victoria Victoria is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-10-2011

spacer

Hello Taramor. Come and play with us. Come and play with us, Taramor. Forever, and ever, and ever.

My fanart is here

No new posts 13-11-2014 18:16 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
mylari mylari is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2014

spacer

Hi Taramor!

Welcome to the boards! Just jump on in - the water's fine and everyone's really nice. I know they all made me feel welcome & comfortable really quickly!

Find me on the web at Mylari's Anime Website

No new posts 13-11-2014 23:15 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Hello, Taramor! I also grew up in Canada watching BOTP. A lot of us here became BOTP fans as kids and learned about Gatchaman much later on. I'm glad to see that you have found your way to the site!

This site has gone through some technical issues, and it is entirely possible that the fics on here no longer download properly. However there is also another thing you can try. When the document unzips, often it forgets to put an extension on the file. If you add a '.doc' to most of the files, they should hopefully open. If not, then I'd guess that it's not going to work at all, and to try Gatchfanfic or fanfiction.net.

Hope to see you posting!

No new posts 14-11-2014 00:04 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Hi Taramor! cheeleader3

Welcome to the Gatch gang!

And, as Becky says, if you go over the Gatchfanfic, you'll find tons of stuff to read -- don't forget us in the meantime!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Daniella T on 15-11-2014 at 15:12.
No new posts 15-11-2014 15:11 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

Welcome, Taramor! Smile

No new posts 16-11-2014 00:14 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
rachel rachel is a Female
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 28-03-2014

spacer

Hello, Taramor.
Welcome to Gatchamania.

No new posts 18-11-2014 09:34 rachel is offline Send an Email to rachel Search for Posts by rachel Add rachel to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: