Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Mylari's introduction
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mylari's introduction
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Wave3 Hi Mylari!

Welcome to the forum. Hope that you'll enjoy your time here! Seems like you're off to a good start already! Smile

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricWhite You probably don't remember 'cause we had to hit you with a couple of tranquilizer darts first, LW. Smile

ROTFL, EW. Tongue

No new posts 07-09-2014 12:43 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Great to see you here, Mylari! I love your picture of Ken: you've really captured him in just a few lines! I think many of us here watched Battle of the Planets as children and then as adults 'rediscovered' it. Sounds like you're in the thick of things and having a great time!

Welcome to the site!

No new posts 07-09-2014 15:50 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
mylari mylari is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2014

spacer

I'm having a blast so far (ok, so it hasn't been long but that doesn't matter). Everyone has been so sweet! I'm overwhelmed by the positive response to my attempts at artwork so far (if you saw the talent that my son, uncle, & dad have, you'd understand my lack of confidence in my work - though I am feeling much more willing to continue & share now).

Transmute Jun - I just wanted to say that I have been reading your work on fanfiction lately and just WOW!

Well off to handle the Sunday chores - hoping for some creative time this evening.

Find me on the web at Mylari's Anime Website

No new posts 07-09-2014 16:02 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
Kritter Kritter is a Female
Forum Legend

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-05-2014

spacer

Welcome Mylari,
I'm new here too. Well, newer. I've been around a few months. Everyone here has been so nice. I still haven't posted any of my fics yet but i'm working on that. Like you I watched Voltron too. Guilty pleasure perhaps but it was a nice surrogate for BOTP for me. Great sketches! As my grandpa says all I can draw is flies.

No new posts 07-09-2014 16:28 Kritter is offline Send an Email to Kritter Search for Posts by Kritter Add Kritter to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

That's nice to hear that you like my fics, Mylari! It's always good to know that people still read them and enjoy them.

You cannot compare yourself or your work against anyone else. You are you, and you have your own skills and talents. Developing *your* talents is what is important.

No new posts 07-09-2014 16:36 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by mylari
if you saw the talent that my son, uncle, & dad have, you'd understand my lack of confidence in my work

Hey, you're not the only one who's had to deal with more (artistically) talented relatives -- some of my mom's work hung in a couple of New York galleries! (Try dealing with that when creating refrigerator art at school!) You clearly have talent, and we all would love for you to share!

So there! Tongue

No new posts 07-09-2014 16:46 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
rachel rachel is a Female
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 28-03-2014

spacer

Hello Mylari
I was a big voltron fan, too. Big Grin
I found this site so fascinating to read lots of gatch things and to meet good friends.

My batteries are low, see you next week Mylari

No new posts 07-09-2014 17:08 rachel is offline Send an Email to rachel Search for Posts by rachel Add rachel to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thank you all! I feel very encouraged and have posted everything that I have worked on so far to my new deviant art page. All my fics are on both archive of our own and fan fiction, though there is one that is unfinished that is only on fan fiction for now. They are currently all Voltron stories, but my muse has recently decided to focus on BotP/Gatchaman so there will be stuff coming on that front soon.

I think adopting my pen name and keeping my fan activity hidden from my family has done wonders for my confidence. Pretty sure if I had to explain to them what I was doing and why (because they would ask) I'd give up. But when I am only sharing with the like minded, well then it's all ok. *lol*

No new posts 07-09-2014 17:13 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Greetings, Mylari! I've always found this site -indeed, this fandom- to be so encouraging of creativity, be it written, drawn, etc. My first-ever attempts at fiction, and first drawing since ~age 12 began here (though I too keep it pretty much hidden from family).

No new posts 07-09-2014 20:03 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I just did my first sketch attempt at Jason, so since I shared Mark/Ken, I don't want him to be lonely - here's Jason/Joe to keep him company...

No new posts 08-09-2014 02:46 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Yay! That turned out great! It's hard to draw them so that you can distinguish between them, and you can definitely tell that this is Joe!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 08-09-2014 03:06 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks! Starting to get some confidence in my skills. :-)

No new posts 08-09-2014 03:16 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I really like the eyes and the jawline on this one!

No new posts 08-09-2014 15:42 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks! I was pretty happy for a rough first try. Hopefully, I'll improve as I do more :-)

No new posts 08-09-2014 16:07 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

You really can tell it's the Condor at a glance, which really is the highest praise. Smile

No new posts 08-09-2014 20:37 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

Welcome Mylari!

No new posts 11-09-2014 14:19 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks!

No new posts 11-09-2014 14:56 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
E.D. Darling E.D. Darling is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2014

spacer

welcome!

No new posts 12-09-2014 17:05 E.D. Darling is offline Send an Email to E.D. Darling Search for Posts by E.D. Darling Add E.D. Darling to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

Hi Mylari and welcome! Your drawings are much better than mine. My first Condor looked like a caveman! I have one Anderson/Nambu drawing that I liked, but mostly I stick to BotP fanfic writing. Except right now, where I am in the middle of a big Star Wars kick over on fanfiction.net. I'm jublke over there, too. Springie drew my avatar for me over here to illustrate one of my stories.

No new posts 27-09-2014 02:31 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: