Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Hi!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hi!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kritter Kritter is a Female
Forum Legend

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-05-2014

spacer
Hi! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

OK. So I finally got an avatar and I've been sneaking in a few posts so I guess now I should let you know a little about me.
Like most of you I grew up with Battle of the Planets, then Star Blazers and later Voltron. Oh,and Star Wars and Star Trek are mixed in there too. I remember the original US run of BOTP that did have the episode with fight between Mark/Ken and Jason/Joe. Yes, it did exist, I remember seeing it. I also remember several other episodes. I even started dabbling a bit with writing back then putting together a story fusing my to loves BOTP and Star Trek.
In the mid 90s I got back into BOTP and got the DVDs and read some the fanfics that were online at that time. Then RL took off for me for a while and it went on the back burner but I never forgot it.
I didn't actually discover Gatchaman until a few months ago when, on a whim, I did a search on you tube for BOTP. Since then I've been learning about Gatchaman, watching the episodes on Hulu and you tube, reading the fan fics and searching the web where I ran across this board. I've been reading as a lurker for while then decided to join this a few other websites so I could get to more stuff to read. Ok, thats long winded enough for now.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kritter on 11-07-2014 at 03:29.
No new posts 11-07-2014 03:25 Kritter is offline Send an Email to Kritter Search for Posts by Kritter Add Kritter to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Welcome! You should have enough reading material to keep you busy for quite a while. Smile If you want to watch Gatchaman itself, there's an official Blu-Ray and DVD re-release that recently came out with subtitles and dubs. Perhaps people who track this stuff might point out where to find the best price.

I actually never watched Star Blazers, but I loved the lion Voltron. Wasn't so much a fan of the one with the 15 vehicles.

No new posts 11-07-2014 03:30 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

welcome Kritter, glad to see you joining in, and love your avatar!

Would like to read some of your fanfics sometimes, have you thought about posting any?

No new posts 11-07-2014 06:26 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Sounds like you have a lot in common with many of us! I liked Voltron, too. I watched Star Blazers just a little (because it came on after BOTP) but it never held my attention the way BOTP did.

Glad you decided to start posting so we could get to know you!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 11-07-2014 06:29 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

Welcome! Many of us grew up watching BOTP in the 70's. I don't recall seeing Star Blazers as a kid (wonder if it wasn't shown everywhere), but I did watch Thunderbirds 2086 (which no one else seems to remember. LOL). Watched Voltron too when it came out, like CW, I wasn't a big fan of the vehicle version. Tongue

Hope you enjoy your time here! Smile

No new posts 11-07-2014 11:19 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

Here's my official hello!

I grew up watching BotP, but I never saw most of the other series the others so fondly recall. (No Star Blazers, no Voltron...I don't know why they weren't shown where I grew up.) All I remember before BotP was Speed Racer and Ultra Man. And after BotP, I somehow managed to survive Tranzor Z (Boob missiles? Really?!?)

Anyway, glad to see you've been jumping in. I hope we can see more of your stuff!

No new posts 11-07-2014 13:02 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Hi Kritter! Welcome to the fun!

No new posts 11-07-2014 21:59 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Welcome Kritter! It sounds like you fit right in with most of the people here. i'm glad you've been posting and were able to upload an avatar!

No new posts 11-07-2014 23:28 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Mad Katharine Mad Katharine is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-04-2010

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Redbird
Welcome! Many of us grew up watching BOTP in the 70's. I don't recall seeing Star Blazers as a kid (wonder if it wasn't shown everywhere), but I did watch Thunderbirds 2086 (which no one else seems to remember. LOL).

Hey, I remember Thunderbirds 2086! That one and Star Blazers were my consolation shows back when BotP went off the air.

Welcome aboard, Kritter! You're gonna have fun here.

No new posts 12-07-2014 02:50 Mad Katharine is offline Send an Email to Mad Katharine Search for Posts by Mad Katharine Add Mad Katharine to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Katharine
quote:
Originally posted by Redbird
Welcome! Many of us grew up watching BOTP in the 70's. I don't recall seeing Star Blazers as a kid (wonder if it wasn't shown everywhere), but I did watch Thunderbirds 2086 (which no one else seems to remember. LOL).

Hey, I remember Thunderbirds 2086! That one and Star Blazers were my consolation shows back when BotP went off the air.

OMG! You are the first person *ever* to tell me they remember that show. When they yanked BOTP off the early morning TV air waves, they plunked Thunderbirds 2086 in its place.

I thought I was going nuts remembering a show no one else did, (until the invention of the internet), and it's on YouTube now, but not all the episodes.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Redbird on 12-07-2014 at 11:42.
No new posts 12-07-2014 11:38 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

Really? I remember the show as well [Thank goodness for Tucson television stations...]...

I've a copy of most of the episodes - just missing the last two or three as I recall...

Technovoyager - on the other hand - is harder to locate... [That's the original Japanese title]

No new posts 12-07-2014 19:47 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, I'm glad to see I'm not alone! Boeke, I'm not sure if all of the episodes were shown here in the US. I'm thinking there were something like 24 or 25 episodes.(?)

(FWIW I also remember Thunderbirds with the puppets, but wasn't crazy about it. I think it was in rebroadcast in the early 80's which was when I would have seen it).

I'm thinking TB2086 is not well known, so Technovoyager is even less so to US fans.

No new posts 12-07-2014 20:54 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

Oh - we could go into the really obscure and try for "ThunderSub" [Blue Noah in the original]...

Actually - it was a good storyline (similar to StarBlazers/Yamato) but much shorter... only 52 episodes. And a fairly direct translation as well.

Then there was "Macron One" [a mismash of "Goshogun" and on other series for which the original name escapes me...] - not to mention "Captain Harlock and the Queen of 1000 Years" [interlacing the two Matsumoto series]...

But good to find others with shared memories

No new posts 13-07-2014 16:56 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Reboekah
Oh - we could go into the really obscure and try for "ThunderSub" [Blue Noah in the original]...

Actually - it was a good storyline (similar to StarBlazers/Yamato) but much shorter... only 52 episodes. And a fairly direct translation as well.

Then there was "Macron One" [a mismash of "Goshogun" and on other series for which the original name escapes me...] - not to mention "Captain Harlock and the Queen of 1000 Years" [interlacing the two Matsumoto series]...

Haven't heard of any of those. LOL. Well, I have heard of Captain Harlock, but only the regular series I believe.....

quote:
Originally posted by Reboekah But good to find others with shared memories

Totally! I have very fond memories of BoTP, etc. (even though I got picked on for watching it!) Smile

No new posts 14-07-2014 21:57 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: