Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Just popping in to say a so long planned for "HI!"
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Just popping in to say a so long planned for "HI!"
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Just popping in to say a so long planned for "HI!" Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

A longing towards this place, throbbing constantly in my heart, and a Gatch dream (yep ... I still have them! Smile ) including Gatch members and many of you Gatchamania friends ... even those whose faces I don't know how they are but to whom I've contributed imaginary ones as if I've knew them so clearly!) got me popping in to tell you that you're all still present in my thoughts!

Some time ago, EW has kindly contacted me to check on me, due to my long absence, and I've told her to send my regards. Knowing her, and thanking her heartily, I'm sure that she did so and I excuse myself for disappearing so abruptly! I also have to excuse myself again, knowing that I'd have to make my absence felt once again after this post, as RL is not permitting this so loved "me" time at the moment.

I don't know if I've told you that my son has broken his arm once again and he's still in a full cast, from just below the armpit up till the palm of his hand, like a glove, from the 1st of May. This time he's got wires running along both of his bones for support and, hopefully, next Wednesday everything will be taken off. The thing is that next Wednesday will be just in the middle of his annual exams, and between his low morale, blistered fingers out of the heavy cast which is suffocating him in the very hot weather around here, and the fact that I had to arrange things with the hospital so as he'd be able to sit for two of his exams falling on the same day of the appointment and be at the hospital in time at the same time since hours almost collide, I'm crossing fingers that everything goes well.

To top things up, my Dad has become very feeble, lately, and I'm very worried as he wants to live alone but is crippling abruptly, falling and hurting himself frequently. Tomorrow, my brothers and I are going to meet to talk to him in person so as he'd consider the option of going to a home ... something which I know will hurt his dignity and which breaks my heart. But, I myself am so tired that I can't help him more than I've done up till now and, at least, for once us siblings have come together to sort things out. This is all happening whilst my cake decorating work is booming, my exertions on my health are backfiring and when our favourite season is beginning Smile ... let's just hope for the best!

Having said the above, and not wishing to annoy you any more, I so hope that all of you are doing well and I send the best of my wishes your way for some lovely holidays! I know that many of you ... especially TJ Wink ... might be soon starting their adventures abroad and at Comic Con, so I really wish you to enjoy these days!

EW ... I so hope that you're feeling better.

Do take care of yourselves and hope to be able to join you soon. Lots of hugs .....

No new posts 21-06-2014 13:40 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hugs! Marie. Real life has to take precedence, sadly. For now, you do what you have to do for you and your family. We know that you are with us in spirit.

No new posts 21-06-2014 15:23 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Your "EW's about to bug you!" sensor must have gone off! I actually was going to email you today to see what's going on with you. Anyway, I'll keep you in my thoughts as you ride out this rough patch RL threw at you.

And thanks for the well wishes you sent me! Hug

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 21-06-2014 at 15:29.
No new posts 21-06-2014 15:29 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

GM, Huggles

And good luck to your son with his exams, and with your dad.

It sounds as if RL has gotten you well and good -- hopefully things will look up soon...

You are in my thoughts and hugs!

No new posts 21-06-2014 19:36 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

GM,

Good luck with your son's arm and his exams. Exams are enough stress without adding the arm.

I hope your father understands you have his best interest at heart, but its still not easy for any of you.

Take care.

No new posts 21-06-2014 19:46 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

It's wonderful to hear from you, marie, and wow, you're going through a lot! During your very brief lulls be sure to close your eyes and take some slow, deep breaths. It can really help. (I've been taking yoga classes again, hehe.)

You can get through this! We'll be here when you come out the other side.

No new posts 21-06-2014 20:22 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Wow! Lots going on! Hugs to you, Marie. We'll be here when you are able to come back to us!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 21-06-2014 22:24 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
rachel rachel is a Female
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 28-03-2014

spacer

Marie, see you soon again.
I hope your son and father would recover soon!
For my selfish wishes, I want you to post the photos of your cakes someday.

No new posts 22-06-2014 16:59 rachel is offline Send an Email to rachel Search for Posts by rachel Add rachel to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Marie, it sounds like RL has swamped you, much like it has me. like you I never seem to have as much time to get over here as I would like. At the moment it is about once a week and hopefully after next week it will be more frequent while I am on summer break.

I hope your son's exams go well for him and the cast can come off so he can start to enjoy his summer break. Shudders as I imagine wires running up my arm to hold the bones in place.)

Sorry to hear about your father although I am very happy to hear your brothers and you have similar feelings about how to deal with you father this time. Hopefully that will make things much easier for you.

Finally - what do you mean "annoy" us any more. Wink You coming here to let us know how things are in your life is certainly NOT annoying us. Smooch2

I hope to see you back here for longer than a quick drop-by posting in the near future.

No new posts 22-06-2014 19:39 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

I hope things calm down for you very soon, Marie! Come back to the board when you have time--we totally understand! Grouphug

No new posts 27-06-2014 22:49 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I'm sorry I missed you, Marie, as I have been away for a few weeks. I'm so sorry to hear that your son's arm is in a cast again! I know how active he is, and I can imagine how this is hampering his daily activities!

I will keep you and your father in my thoughts, and I hope he is able to find a care solution that is right for him. Huggles

No new posts 02-07-2014 16:54 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: