Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Hello~~
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hello~~
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
rachel rachel is a Female
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 28-03-2014

spacer
Hello~~ Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello, everybody.

This is Rachel Lee from Korea. North or South? Guess it.
I was born in 1984, when I was a 7 years old I was a big Gatchaman fan. I clearly remember that my mother watched Gatchaman with me. She used to drew pictures of Jun for me. Watching the Condor's death my mother soothed her wailing daughter saying that he is still alive somewhere in the earth. In Korea, 95 people of 100 know Gatchaman<Korean title: Doksuri(eagle) O(five) Hyung-je(bros and sis)>. Even a silver haired man strolling around a park knows each five character.

One day I had been looking for cool images of my first love- Condor and Eagle to decorate my diary. (to print them out on the sticker paper) Googling, I found out that Gatchaman was a world-famous animation. It made me surprised and I wondered if the western people felt the same way too. That's how I came to Gatchfanfic.com As I'm still not familiar with colloquial English it was a little hard to understand the full stories however I could found them very fascinating. I had regarded writing fanfics were very childish hobby, but my prejudice is broken by garchfanfic. The site helped me a lot studying English, too. I printed favorite fanfics out and slowly read them with a dictionary. Hahaha! They're much better than news articles. Thanks to this site and authors, I could start studying English again enjoying myself. Korean language has completely different structure, so many Koreans fear English... I barely encounter someone who can speak English better than me...so please do not bother me when I leave a reply on your post requesting further explanations...
I really want to fully enjoy everything of Gatchaman fandom with you!

Thank you for listening.

Best regards
Rachel Lee

PS) Transmutejun introduced this great site to me. Special thanks to her- one of my favorite author.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by rachel on 28-03-2014 at 10:48.
No new posts 28-03-2014 10:44 rachel is offline Send an Email to rachel Search for Posts by rachel Add rachel to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Welcome, Rachel! Your English is wonderful, and we are so happy to have you with us! welcome

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 28-03-2014 14:01 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Welcome, Rachel!

I feel both pleased and honored that you have chosen to join us. I hope you will feel free to join in our conversations and other activities.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. You'll find a lot of people here who are willing to help in any way they can. In fact, there are many people here who, like you, did not grow up speaking English, so they understand how difficult English can be.

You've done the hardest part by introducing yourself. Now it's time to party!

Oh, I was going to guess you were from East Korea, but that wasn't an option, so....never mind! Bonkers3

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 28-03-2014 at 14:07.
No new posts 28-03-2014 14:05 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Hi Rachel, glad to see you made it over here. Smile

Your English is excellent btw, and don't worry if you do make the odd mistake here or there, as EW has just said, there are a few here for whom English is their second language, so you're in very good company!

Welcome to the madness and hope you have fun joining in with the threads.

No new posts 28-03-2014 15:30 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Welcome, Rachel!

North or south doesn't matter here. While we may rant about things in the real world, the only thing that truly matters here are the Gatch worlds.

Don't worry about your English, this is a great place to practice and improve.

No new posts 28-03-2014 16:11 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

Welcome to the site, Rachel! welcome

Hope you enjoy your time here! There's a lot of interesting threads and things to discover on the board. Certainly enough to keep you busy for the foreseeable future! Smile

No new posts 28-03-2014 20:59 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Rachel, sounds like we all have a lot in common. Smile I love surfing the Internet for new Gatch pictures and art! Don't worry about your English. If you have any questions, just let us know.

No new posts 28-03-2014 21:37 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Hi Rachel!!! welcome

It's great to have fans here from so many countries!

Listen, if some of our jokes here seem a bit, I don't know, weird, to you, just say so! Sometimes very particular "dialects" are used.

Only a couple of weeks ago I was asking EW what a "Hoosier" is -- turns out, it's someone from Indiana, but I wouldn't guess it just by looking at the word.

Bottom line: don't worry about your English, it's absolutely fine, and just yell if you don't understand something! If any of us tried to speak Korean, it would sound MUCH worse Smile

No new posts 28-03-2014 22:08 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Hi Rachel! I'm glad you made it over. I know you've been reading through Gatchfanfic.

We do enjoy helping each other, so don't feel embarrassed if you have a question. You might not be the only one.

No new posts 28-03-2014 22:51 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Tee hee.
Well, I'm gonna jump in the Rubber Room

No new posts 29-03-2014 03:50 rachel is offline Send an Email to rachel Search for Posts by rachel Add rachel to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Cute picture, Rachel! I'm so excited to see more of your pictures! Yes...please go check out the rubber room...I hope you are inspired there! Wink

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 29-03-2014 04:08 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Did you draw that Rachel? It's very cute!

No new posts 29-03-2014 04:16 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

OH no, she's turning to the 'dark side' everyone! Devil1

Lovely pic though, Rachel, please show us more of your work. Smile

No new posts 29-03-2014 08:56 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Add me to the list of people who want to see more of your work, Rachel! Aha

And now I'll sit back and hope you don't run into anything too shocking in the Rubber Room.... Uhoh2

No new posts 29-03-2014 12:25 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

A very warm welcome, Rachel! It's great to have you here and it seems that you're an awesome artist, too! Please, don't worry about your English, which by the way is very good! I'm one of those whose first language is not English, too, so I can completely understand what you're saying! But, you're also right in saying that, whilst joining in here, you come to learn more about the language and progress to refine your writing! Joining this site and Gatchfanfic worked for me beautifully, even though I still do a lot of silly mistakes! Tongue Do ask if you'd need explanations!

No new posts 29-03-2014 12:46 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Welcome Rachel. It is always nice to have new members join us … especially ones from other parts of the world where Gatchaman is more widely known.

I love that art piece you showed us and agree with the others I would love to see more pieces.

No new posts 29-03-2014 16:11 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Lovely drawing, Rachel. Yes, please do share any others you have.

No new posts 29-03-2014 16:12 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yeah I drew Jun yesterday for you guys.
Thanks for compliments.

(ElectricWhite)And now I'll sit back and hope you don't run into anything too shocking in the Rubber Room....

Eh... Would you please let me know which post in the rubber room is that too-shocking??
I'm just ready oh stop teasing me!!!!
(I need to make it clear that I'm not asking EW to tease me with not allowing me to know about it./
Korean Joke//
a masochist: Please tease me, abuse me, seduce me.
a sadist: Nope.
a masochist: aghhaaa!!!!!!!!!!)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by rachel on 30-03-2014 at 08:25.
No new posts 30-03-2014 08:24 rachel is offline Send an Email to rachel Search for Posts by rachel Add rachel to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by rachel

a masochist: Please tease me, abuse me, seduce me.
a sadist: Nope.
a masochist: aghhaaa!!!!!!!!!!)

Big Grin Well, it looks like I've got no reason to worry! Have fun in the Rubber Room, Rachel!

No new posts 30-03-2014 12:09 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Rachel, as soon as I woke up this morning I heard about North Korea shelling South Korea. I know that tensions between the two countries have been intense lately. Is everything okay where you're at?

No new posts 31-03-2014 13:12 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: