Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » Hideo Kinoshita
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hideo Kinoshita
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Hideo Kinoshita Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

Some sad news to share, the Gatchaman community has lost another of the voice actors from the original Gatchaman TV series. Hideo Kinoshita, who was the voice of the omnipresent Narrator, passed away on March 8th. His wife, Yumi Kinoshita, announced his passing yesterday in her blog. The cause of his death was not revealed. He was 82 years old.

Born in July of 1931, he began his acting career after her graduated from Meiji University in 1953, acting on stage and in commercials. He began voice acting in anime productions in 1960, when he gave life to Cho Hakkai, the pig in the famous novel "Saiyuki," better known here as "Journey To the West." His first starring role was as Sinbad in 1962 anime film "Arabian Nights * The Adventures of Sinbad."

In his role as the Narrator, Mr. Kinoshita was one of only three regular members of the "Gatchaman" voice cast to appear in all 105 episodes of the series, along with Katsuji Mori as Ken and Mikio Terashima as Berg Katse. Occasionally, he provided the voices for minor guest characters that appeared in episodes, including sailors, reporters, ISO Representatives, and the voice of Joe's father.

After the mid-1970s, Mr. Kinoshita did very little acting work. Instead, he assisted in his wife's career as a top manicurist, and eventually became the Vice President of the nonprofit Japan Nailist Association. His last voice acting role came in 1999, when he dubbed the voice of John Spencer in his role as Chief Al Travis in Japanese release of "The Negotiator"

His daughter, Mihori Kinoshita, has followed in her mother's footsteps as a manicurist.

While Mr. Kinoshita may be lost to us now, we are fortunate that we can continue to enjoy his performances and appreciate his contributions to the world of "Gatchaman."

James

No new posts 13-03-2014 18:11 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for sending along the news, James. It's sad to see one of the side effects of the passage of time take hold.

No new posts 13-03-2014 18:59 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricWhite It's sad to see one of the side effects of the passage of time take hold.

I was thinking this myself EW. Frown

No new posts 13-03-2014 22:37 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Everyone involved is getting older. As ill as Kasey Kasem is, I've been waiting to hear the worst for him.

No new posts 14-03-2014 22:23 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Many thanks for sharing the news and detailed information with us, James, albeit it being so sad! Him and his work will never be forgotten!

EW and RB ... same thinking here! Frown

No new posts 15-03-2014 12:31 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: