Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » YouTube goodies
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page YouTube goodies
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer
YouTube goodies Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Live action movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYW7JFEhWL0&feature=share

'Alternate' version of Gatch theme, sung by Katse's voice actor. Lots of giggling in the background.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNV6uUTycBg
James, can you find the lyrics for this?

No new posts 16-02-2014 23:25 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for posting this UW, at least I can't say I haven't seen ANY of the movie now Big Grin

I like the fact they have given Jun and Jinpei a surname, Ohtsuki, I thought it was a bit odd that they were the only two characters that were only called by their given names, but I'm not sure if I like them calling Joe, George.

Thought it looked awesome though, I do hope it gets translated and brought over here.

No new posts 17-02-2014 00:00 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That part was fantastic, but from what we've heard, it goes downhill from there, but I still want to see the whole thing.

Thanks UW!

No new posts 17-02-2014 00:45 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Is it just me or does Ryu's chest plate make him look like he's got boobs? Smile You can certainly see the kernel of Gatchaman in there. Alas, what could have been.

No new posts 18-02-2014 06:19 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Is it just me or does Ryu's chest plate make him look like he's got boobs? Smile

You just HAD to say that, didn't you? I found myself putting more attention toward checking out Ryu's chest than following the action in the clip! Freak7

No new posts 18-02-2014 13:56 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Always happy to help, EW!!! *grin*

No new posts 18-02-2014 21:54 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

Well, there were parts of that I really liked. The visor's heads-up display - I have something like that I'm working up in a fic. The mobile electrified chain things holding the Swallow were pretty cool too.

But those great green boobs. Oh, my.

Beck, if it gets within a 100-mile radius of DC, we gotta make a road trip!

No new posts 19-02-2014 22:22 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
RE: YouTube goodies Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
'Alternate' version of Gatch theme, sung by Katse's voice actor. Lots of giggling in the background.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNV6uUTycBg
James, can you find the lyrics for this?

The Gallactor versions of the theme songs come from episode #5 of the Gatchaman radio drama. Episodes 5~7 of the series were parody episodes, and part of the fifth episode was a discussion between Nambu and Katse. In it, Katse parodies several familiar elements from "Gatchaman," including Ken's "White Shadow" speech ("...I am the purple hood that strikes unseen.") and the meeting of I.S.O. Representatives from the first episode of the series (With Gallactor representatives talking about the mysterious God Phoenix, which "...has broken into our secret factory and stolen the uranium that was being used to disturb the world."). The segment ends with Katse expressing his disappointment regarding the lack of a theme song for Gallactor. But he has taken care of that, which he demonstrates by singing those songs.

The audio clip that is on YouTube is from episode #16 of the radio drama, the final episode of the series. That episode featured the Gatchaman voice actors discussing their hopes for the then upcoming "Gatchaman II" TV series, as well as how much they enjoyed doing the radio drama. The trio of parody episodes were by far their favorites, and the highlight from those were Katse's two songs. As they spoke about that, the songs were played, and all the laughing and giggling that can be heard in the clip are the actor's responses to hearing the songs again.

As for the lyrics themselves, here they are:

The opening theme parody;

Dare da. Watashi da. Katse da.
Sora no kanata de shiki o toru
Akuto soroi no Gyarakuta
Inochi o oshinde mi o kakushi
Tetsuju mecha dazo Hikui Ryu
Tobe! Tobe, tobe Gyarakuta
Yuke! Yuke, yuke Gyarakuta
Chikyu wa semai, nigeba wo sagase
Oo, Gyarakuta Gyarakuta

Who is it? It is I. It's Katse.
Commands are given from the far side of the sky
Uniform villainy of Gallactor
Wasting life by hiding one's body
Iron Beast mecha Fire-Eating Dragon
Fly! Fly, fly Gallactor
Go! Go, go, Gallactor
The Earth is small, search for refuge
Ohh, Gallactor, Gallactor

The ending theme parody;

Shuba, shubashuba, shuba
Okoru sosai, oni no X
Mata shippai Gyarakuta
Sekai no haji da
Makeru na tetsuju Tatoru Kingu
Matamata bakuhatsu, daishippai da
Orokamono dayo
Gyarakuta, Gyarakuta

Shuba, shubashuba, shuba
The angry Governor, X the demon
Failed again, Gallactor
The shame of the world
The defeated Iron Beast Turtle King
Exploding again and again, a tremendous failure
You are a fool
Gallactor, Gallactor

I hope this helps!

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 24-02-2014 at 21:46.
No new posts 24-02-2014 21:45 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

Thanks, James! This appeals to my sweet tooth for parody. Big Grin

No new posts 24-02-2014 21:51 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Thanks for the translations, James! It means a lot more to me that way. Wink

No new posts 25-02-2014 01:06 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by jublke
Well, there were parts of that I really liked. The visor's heads-up display - I have something like that I'm working up in a fic. The mobile electrified chain things holding the Swallow were pretty cool too.

But those great green boobs. Oh, my.

Beck, if it gets within a 100-mile radius of DC, we gotta make a road trip!

Absolutely, Julie!

No new posts 25-02-2014 01:45 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks James! Those are really clever theme songs for Galactor, I can see why the voice actors were giggling. Smile

No new posts 25-02-2014 01:53 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: