Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Spot marked X
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Spot marked X
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer
Spot marked X Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

So, as if spending yesterday temporarily blinded wasn't enough, my middle child had a second serious allergic reaction tonight. We have no idea what he is allergic to. We went through a round of food allergy testing after his previous bout - no dice. So now he will need an epi-pen like his brother, but unlike with his brother, I have no idea what the problem is, or how to avoid it. Both attacks have happened at home, which leaves me very nervous.

I am seriously hoping that a third bad thing does not befall my family this week. Sorry to whine but I needed to vent.

No new posts 16-01-2014 05:49 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ouch. Frown I hope you figure it out soon. Maybe it could be environmental? Or the filler in a medication?

No new posts 16-01-2014 06:00 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Maybe it could be environmental? Or the filler in a medication?

Echoing CW's thoughts here, jublke. Hope you can get to the bottom of this! Huggles

No new posts 16-01-2014 12:35 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Sendings hugs and best wishes your way! Huggles

No new posts 16-01-2014 12:47 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Check the ingredients of everything he ate that day, even if he's had it before with no problems.

My son had a severe reaction in late Sept that landed him in the emergency room. I went back to check everything he ate and found the wraps I had bought (a different brand) had flax flour in it and that's what he's allergic to. A sister seed is sesame. He tested high for that, too. To my knowledge, he's never had anything with flax or sesame in it before. We don't like sesame seeds, so don't use buns or bread with sesame seeds on them. I'm allergic to so many things, we don't eat Asian food, so he's not has sesame.

Ironically, he was tested at 6 with an allergy to tree nuts. In this most recent set of tests, he's no longer allergic to tree nuts.

I'm allergic to dust. When I was a kid, if we went someplace that was dusty, my parents said I'd have trouble breathing and turn blue. My mother became a clean the house fanatic.

No new posts 17-01-2014 00:28 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

Hugs and hugs!

Hope that you are provided with an explanation soon.

No new posts 17-01-2014 01:20 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Jublke, my DH had a series of anaphylactic reactions for no apparent reason (we never did find the trigger and just as strangely as they started, they stopped, but now we know the warning signs if they come back). Allergy testing showed nothing, but he was under the care of an allergist for quite a while. While he was having these attacks, we learned a few things: liquid benedryl works great with epipen to help fight off the reaction (this is also good to have on hands for dogs if they get into something they shouldn't); allegra is worth the extra money ($20 for a 30 day supply of the generic version is pricey), but it works wonders as a long term antihistamine.

Hopefully the trigger will be found soon.

No new posts 18-01-2014 02:26 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

I can't remember if I've asked you this, but has your husband taken Ramipril or any other ACE inhibitor for blood pressure control? 5% of the population are turning out to have anaphylactic reactions to these after being on the meds for a while (even years). My motherinlaw's sudden anaphylactic reactions have come down to this, and they don't know how long the stuff stays in your system. She's basically on antihistamines indefinitely and now carries an epipen.

No new posts 18-01-2014 02:38 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
I can't remember if I've asked you this, but has your husband taken Ramipril or any other ACE inhibitor for blood pressure control?

Not at that time. When those started, the only issue he had was an elevated liver panel which they determined to be mostly benign and genetic. However, since the second or third attack, he's been diabetic. He is on a blood pressure medicine because it helps support the diabetic medicine.

No new posts 18-01-2014 16:49 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Sorry to hear so, Julie! I totally empathise with you! And, when it happens to your kids it's really scary, especially when you're in the blind and don't know what triggers the allergy! There are cases, like my son's, that as time goes by you become aware that triggers start from one and unfortunately can keep on increasing due to hypersensitivity to things (like mother like son! Frown ) Carrying an epi-pen is a wise thing! I'm crossing my fingers for you and your son! Huggles

No new posts 19-01-2014 10:55 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I hope you find out what's causing it soon, Julie! I know how frustrating and scary it can be not to know. Huggles

No new posts 21-01-2014 02:18 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

Keeping my fingers crossed!

No new posts 22-01-2014 15:49 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: