Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman II » Clarification needed....
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Clarification needed....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer
Clarification needed.... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Being a newbie here, I need some clarification. I wasn't really sure where to put my questions, but thought this might be the best place.

Let me see if I have this right: "Eagle Riders" is a compilation of "Gatch II/Gatch F".

"G-Force: GoS" follows more of the "Gatch I" story line than "BoTP" did in the 70's.

I'm sure the story lines were played around with to a degree, but does watching "ER" help in following the "Gatch F" series, or not? (i.e. two birds of a different feather,etc. LOL)

"G-Force" and "ER" had about the same amount of episodes (give or take), but from what I can gather neither one of them had a full DVD release?

(I know "G-Force" had the "Best of" DVD and there were the episodes that were included on the Rhino BoTP releases in the early 2000's. Was "ER" ever put out on DVD?)

No new posts 13-10-2013 21:20 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I like ER better than GoS, however I don't really know the story line for Gatch F very well.

ER is about 90% Gatch II with Gatch F patched together for a few episodes towards the end.

GoS may follow the Gatch I line better than BotP, but in my opinion the show is lacking in personality, it is just flat.

No new posts 13-10-2013 21:43 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Not to mention the horrible back-beat that runs through the whole GoS episodes that threatens to drive the watcher insane.

No new posts 13-10-2013 22:39 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

If you want to know about ER, I would humbly point you to my ER site. Wink

http://www.junsjoint.net/eagleriders/

Most of the Gatchaman II episodes (47 out of 52) were translated into ER. For those episodes, the ER script was very close to the original Gatchaman II script in terms of general plotline.

18 ER episodes (18/65 = 28% of the total ER episodes) were translated from Gatchaman Fighter. In this case, while much of the storyline is the same, it isn't as strongly linked and much of the interesting background material (Egobossler's background, the mutiny of one of his henchmen, destruction of the Gatchaman Base, the death of Dr. Nambu, etc.) wasn't used. This makes the Gatch F episodes somewhat more 'flat' than the Gatch II episodes.

Officially there was no English ER release on DVD, however there was one in France, and there is a decent bootleg set available on various internet sites (which is where most of us have seen it). GoS has no official release anywhere (that I know of) and the GoS fans trade VHS tapes of the episodes to collect the entire set. The only person I know of who has all of them is James, and as you might have guessed, he's a serious collector of anything related to Gatchaman.

GoS was able to keep most of the Gatchaman storylines and much of the Gatchaman violence, but I never clicked with the characterizations they used for the heroes. However there is no Zark, so that's a major plus!

So there are my 2 cents...

No new posts 13-10-2013 22:45 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well it seems there's no love for GoS! LOL. I agree that the music is annoying, and the voices are hard for me to get used to.

Wow, TJ that was a lot of info. And thanks for the link! thumbsup2

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Most of the Gatchaman II episodes (47 out of 52) were translated into ER. For those episodes, the ER script was very close to the original Gatchaman II script in terms of general plotline.

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun18 ER episodes (18/65 = 28% of the total ER episodes) were translated from Gatchaman Fighter. This makes the Gatch F episodes somewhat more 'flat' than the Gatch II episodes.

Good to know! I've not started to watch the non-subbed episodes of Gatch F just yet, though you can definitely see a difference in each series as everything progresses. Nothing stands up to the original IMHO.

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun Officially there was no English ER release on DVD, however there was one in France, and there is a decent bootleg set available on various internet sites (which is where most of us have seen it).

I think I know where you're referring to TJ.

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute JunSo there are my 2 cents...

All that info is worth more than that! Money Money Money

No new posts 13-10-2013 23:10 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

I cannot add anything more to what the others have already superbly explained, Redbird! Moreover, I'm totally unfamiliar with both ER and GoS, so I really cannot be of much help! That's why I can't agree more with the following comment of yours:

quote:
Originally posted by Redbird
Good to know! I've not started to watch the non-subbed episodes of Gatch F just yet, though you can definitely see a difference in each series as everything progresses. Nothing stands up to the original IMHO

Enjoy your viewing as much as you can! The series could be much more appreciated by watching the originals! Wishing you some great discovery time!chips

No new posts 14-10-2013 07:33 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Redbird
Well it seems there's no love for GoS! LOL.

There are a few GoS fans around here. Candi is one, although she left the board awhile ago. There is also Dirk Daring, who shows up at times.

No new posts 14-10-2013 14:56 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchamarie
Enjoy your viewing as much as you can! The series could be much more appreciated by watching the originals! Wishing you some great discovery time!chips

Thank you GM! I hope to start watching non-subbed Gatch F soon. ATM I don't have the mental energy to concentrate on it! LOL.

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute JunThere are a few GoS fans around here. Candi is one, although she left the board awhile ago. There is also Dirk Daring, who shows up at times.

Oh I'm sure it has its fans! (No Zark is definite plus!) I haven't seen enough of it to give a solid opinion though--just what I felt about the music and voice acting. I still love original Gatch I the best, along with BoTP. Heart

No new posts 16-10-2013 00:01 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: