Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » Gatchaman Merchandise - New and Updated
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Merchandise - New and Updated
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Gatchaman Merchandise - New and Updated Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

A couple of new Gatchaman items have been announced, and one previously announced item has a slight update.

The new stuff first.

The Japanese release of the complete 12 episode run of Gatchaman Crowds on DVD and Blu-ray has been set for January 22, 2014. Vap will be releasing the series on both formats on the same day.

The sets will both come in an illustrated box, with the discs packed in digipack sleeves. The sets will also include a booklet on the series.

The special features on the discs will include the episodes of the Gatchaman Crowds Radio program, comemntary from the Director and other staff members, "and more." The first release of both versions will come with a bonus replica of Berg Katse's NOTE.

The DVD box will retail for 15,540 yen, and the Blu-ray will retail for 19,740 yen. The DVDs will be Region 2, meaning that you'll need a code free DVD player for view them in North America, which is Region 1. The Blu-ray set, on the other hand, will be Region A, which includes both Japan and North America. Before you ask, the set will not have subtitles.

Several Japanese stores will have their own bonus items for people who purchase the set at their stores. These include the following:

Animate will have an illustrated B2 size clear poster with Joe and Berg Katse.

Toranoana will have an illustrated A3 size clear poster with Hajime and Utsu-tsu.

Softmap will have an illustrated A3 size tapestry with Hajime and Utsu-tsu.

Gamers will have an illustrated microfiber towel with Hajime and Utsu-tsu.

Also, at the Kyoto International Manga and Anime Fair, running September 7th and 8th, Nippon Television will have a booth where they will be introducing a second Crowds Clear Folder with a GALAX design.

This folder, retailing for a mere 350 yen, will feature an illustration of Rui, Load, Katse, and X on one side, while the other is the GALAX version of the NOTE. This is a companion piece to the Gatchaman Clear Folder that NTV first sold at Comic Market in August.

And, lastly, the cover for the Gatchaman desktop calendar has been revealed:

You might recognize the image, as it was also used for the cover of the recently released Gatchaman Anime Archives book. No word yet as to what the 12 interior images will be.

I'm sure there will be more soon!

James

No new posts 07-09-2013 05:07 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
RE: Gatchaman Merchandise - New and Updated Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

As always, many thanks for all the info, James! I wouldn't mind starting next year with one of those calendars!

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan

You might recognize the image, as it was also used for the cover of the recently released Gatchaman Anime Archives book. No word yet as to what the 12 interior images will be.

I'm sure there will be more soon!

Hmm ... I know this might sound cheesy but, upon thinking of what might be inside the calendar, my mind went straight for those types of calendars IYKWIM ... each one with a monthly theme!Biglaugh1 Ah ... please don't mind my momentary state of foolishness ... I'm sure that the real, upcoming pictures would give true justice to our heroes!

No new posts 07-09-2013 13:03 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
RE: Gatchaman Merchandise - New and Updated Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by gatchamarie
Hmm ... I know this might sound cheesy but, upon thinking of what might be inside the calendar, my mind went straight for those types of calendars IYKWIM ... each one with a monthly theme!Biglaugh1 Ah ... please don't mind my momentary state of foolishness ...

Oh, I'm sure nobody will mind...even if you have to stop to mop up a few puddles of drool! Eyebrows

No new posts 07-09-2013 13:18 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

No prob ... my mop is always at hand!

No new posts 07-09-2013 13:27 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'd like one of those calendars.

No new posts 07-09-2013 14:07 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

me too.....

No new posts 07-09-2013 14:14 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

The desktop calendar is fairly inexpensive (1050 yen), and can be easily ordered through either Amazon Japan or CD Japan. Here are the links:

Amazon Japan;
http://tinyurl.com/k5e5yoj

CD Japan;
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=2014CL-95

So, if you really do want one, I'd recommend placing your order now. The calendar is due to be released later this month.

James

No new posts 08-09-2013 05:35 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Thanks so much for the links, James!

No new posts 08-09-2013 16:40 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: